Teaser Trailer for TOS missions

AmazingAndy
Warrior Recruit
Warrior Recruit

Teaser Trailer for TOS missions

Postby AmazingAndy » Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:37 pm

Hey guys, long time again since Iv posted on here. Been rather busy recently though. Well a few months back, I promised something that would be simmilar to interplays canceled secret of vulcan fury. Well here is a short teaser trailer for the training mission demo that I will release in the next few weeks.

Apologies if the sound does not seem to synch right with this video, but I dont have a proper webspace at the moment, so I had to resort to using google video, but that will let you download as another file format to save to your local disk.

Enjoy, and please feel free to comment.

Teaser Trailer

Andrew Allen

AmazingAndy
Warrior Recruit
Warrior Recruit

Postby AmazingAndy » Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:17 pm

26 Views and no replys. these boards aint what they used to be lol, anyway let us know what you guys think. Further to this, I plan to port these missions over to legacy once that has been released. The graphics engine on there looks fantastic, so im sure the possibilities will be endless.

Scotty
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Postby Scotty » Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:33 pm

:eek: Wow Andy, that looks Amazing!!
Seriously, it looks terrific. Will this be a series of new missions? Can't wait to try the demo!
Beam this up!

Senior Citizen
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Postby Senior Citizen » Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:58 pm

Wow, looks really good. Can't wait to try it.

Just a minor question:
How will you manage to use the voices of the original cast voices? Couldn't you run in to some copyright issues?

S_C

'Cause I'm free to do what I want any old time (I'm a newcreation)
'Cause I'm free to do what I want any old time
(Don't be afraid of your freedom)
'Cause I'm free to do what I want
To be what I want any old time
I said I'm free to be who I choose
To get my booze any old time

I'm Free

Soup Dragons after The Rolling Stones

Trey3
Captain
Captain

Postby Trey3 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:17 pm

thats is cool i can't wait :)
Capt Kirk and orginal USS Enterprise and crew #1 too me, Deep Space 9 is #2 for me.

AmazingAndy
Warrior Recruit
Warrior Recruit

Postby AmazingAndy » Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:15 pm

The original Cast voice thing may be a problem for some users. However, most people will be able to play this without any problem. I cant say much at the moment, but I will release more information as and when I have the time. The videos will be in game however. Starfleet Academy used to let you have the option of selecting the outcome of the video scenes. Dont know if you remember this point and click style, but after recent work on some of the old SFA missions in KA I have had some success in implementing this. The demo mission isnt that long, however it does showcase some great ideas in a game, that still has a lot of potential.

Im glad your all enjoying the look and feel of what I plan on doing

Andrew Allen

Aoav160
Warrior Recruit
Warrior Recruit

Postby Aoav160 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:16 am

Nice work!
Cry woe, destruction, ruin, loss, decay; The worst is death, and death will have his day.

RedHotChiliDog
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Postby RedHotChiliDog » Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:21 am

This looks interesting. A sort of SFA-KA hybrid mission? Can't wait to see what you have planned for us here.
RedHotChiliDog

Klingons and Potato Chips are better with ridges.

brianmoler.com - Mission scripting and other strangeness

AmazingAndy
Warrior Recruit
Warrior Recruit

Postby AmazingAndy » Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:09 pm

RHCD Kinda hit the nail on the head there, Kinda halted production over the weekend. Seem to have come down with some flu or something, but just getting back into the swing of things, as well as playing with RC1 :) anyway, Il post an update later this week into the progress of this mission. Interestingly how did your work go on the SFA missions. Didnt here much off you in regards to that

RedHotChiliDog
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Postby RedHotChiliDog » Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:58 am

I have not had a chance to work much on the SFA to KA type missions yet. Most of my scripting efforts has been put into modifying my MQB script for the next release.

I did purchase SFA however, and I did decompile one of the scripts to see what I would be in for. Decompiled code can look so messy :eek: I will probably look into these sort of missions shortly after my full MQB 4.0 release.
RedHotChiliDog

AmazingAndy
Warrior Recruit
Warrior Recruit

Postby AmazingAndy » Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:24 pm

What did you use to decompile the scripts? I know one of the programs I originally used seemed to have a few problems, mainly the scripts having large chunks missing.

Was there an ever SFA demo released? always wanted to see the insides of the dat of that demo.

RedHotChiliDog
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Postby RedHotChiliDog » Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:17 am

AmazingAndy wrote:What did you use to decompile the scripts? I know one of the programs I originally used seemed to have a few problems, mainly the scripts having large chunks missing.

Was there an ever SFA demo released? always wanted to see the insides of the dat of that demo.

I got a decompiler from one of the Fallout modding sites. I believe it is a Ruby decompiler by Noid's or something like that. Only gave it a quick try to see if it would translate one of the .int files. It seemed to do the trick, but I did not verify if the resulting files could be recompiled or if there were missing sections out of them.
RedHotChiliDog

AmazingAndy
Warrior Recruit
Warrior Recruit

Postby AmazingAndy » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:42 pm

Quick Update on the teaser mission. Its coming on well, just having a few difficulties with one of the ingame videos, but once iv vreated the relevent pal file for this, all should be well and you guys can have a quick bash to see the ideas that I have had for this style of mission. Like I say its only a teaser mission, but it should give some idea of what I have in mind here.

Andy

Trey3
Captain
Captain

Postby Trey3 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:24 am

AmazingAndy wrote:Quick Update on the teaser mission. Its coming on well, just having a few difficulties with one of the ingame videos, but once iv vreated the relevent pal file for this, all should be well and you guys can have a quick bash to see the ideas that I have had for this style of mission. Like I say its only a teaser mission, but it should give some idea of what I have in mind here.

Andy

it sounds like it will be real good i can't wait. :)
Capt Kirk and orginal USS Enterprise and crew #1 too me, Deep Space 9 is #2 for me.

Return to Mission Scripting