QB2 created mission for multiplayer?

Dater
Elite Warrior
Elite Warrior

QB2 created mission for multiplayer?

Postby Dater » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:30 am

I got the QB1.7 to work and would love to be able to play a self made mission with one of my friends next weekend.

Can I use a mission created with the QB Editor for multiplayer somehow?

I tried out the Net War beta and it was a good start! Reminded me of the Multiplayer mode in Starfleet Academy...

Maybe a certain red hotdog with chili could help me ;)
Dater: "Yeah, Teeth. Thanks for pushing me into a black hole!"

RedHotChiliDog
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Postby RedHotChiliDog » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:38 pm

This would be a significant enhancement of the QB2 script. Multiplay and Single Player scripts are very different in nature and QB2 would not currently support this.

Now I would imagine that this is very possible but would be a lot of work. Most of my work was dealing with single play scripts but I have dabbled a bit with the multiplay options and created multiplay variants for mod packs, a multiplay script that allowed the use of the qbships file and expanded the number of solar systems allowable. I also created a multi-system warp test script as a proof of concept but never really experimented any further with that aspect of multiplay.

Allowing QB2 to create multiplay scripts would be a pretty large project. Uwe would probably get this done quicker as he created QB2 to begin with but this may be something that I would be interested in a future project. However I would like to get my current plate of projects done first before getting started on something big like that.
RedHotChiliDog

Klingons and Potato Chips are better with ridges.

brianmoler.com - Mission scripting and other strangeness

Dater
Elite Warrior
Elite Warrior

Postby Dater » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:19 pm

of course I can understand that! :)

Thank you for explaining it to me redhot!
Dater: "Yeah, Teeth. Thanks for pushing me into a black hole!"

Return to Mission Scripting