Compiling Issue

Atlantis
Warrior Recruit
Warrior Recruit

Atlantis' Mission Scripting

Postby Atlantis » Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:16 pm

Evenin' all,

Well for the past few weeks I've been getting back into modding KA, and I think i'm making good progress. In particular I've been looking at mission scripting, with the intention of putting in a few SFA-remake missions and making my own.

However, I'm having a bit of trouble compiling scripts. I've downloaded and installed the precompilers (both Borland and Watcom), and believe I've got the command line bit figured out. However, it comes up with an error message, saying it can't read KALIB/missions.ssi. It does this with both precomps... any ideas?

=A=tlantis

Atlantis
Warrior Recruit
Warrior Recruit

Postby Atlantis » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:16 pm

[Sorry for doublepost]
Ah, figured it out, sorry. Turns out that it really only works when you put the compiler in with the precompiler - I'd been putting them in the folder with the source files.

I know that most of the KA community has moved on to greener pastures now, but ah well, anyone who's still around, watch this space for new missions soon. =)

Fek'leyr Targ
Warrior Recruit
Warrior Recruit

Postby Fek'leyr Targ » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:09 pm

Atlantis wrote:[Sorry for doublepost]
Ah, figured it out, sorry. Turns out that it really only works when you put the compiler in with the precompiler - I'd been putting them in the folder with the source files.

I know that most of the KA community has moved on to greener pastures now, but ah well, anyone who's still around, watch this space for new missions soon. =)

Understood, Atlantis.
You are obvious outmachted. Why not surrender and save us time?
German:Sie sind offensichtlich der unterlegene.Warum geben sie nicht auf und sparen uns Zeit?

teeth_03
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Postby teeth_03 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:31 pm

ill be watching for sure,I'll never leave!

Atlantis
Warrior Recruit
Warrior Recruit

Postby Atlantis » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:06 am

That's good to know =)

Well, the back story is, I've been modding games for years. Mostly Armada, but I'm getting a bit (read: VERY) bored with that. I've always been a great fan of SFA and KA, and have done a bit of playing around with the files (mostly tidying up the QBSHIPS file, some SHP editing, things like that.

But, more recently, I've been expanding into new areas, such as systems, redoing the sector map (to match my own design), and of course, learning how to code missions.

I've made the tutorial mission, and got that working, but what i'm looking for now is a kind of guide, explanation of the various parts of the files... Any thoughts? If not, I'll have to make one for myself, but if there's one out there already...

teeth_03
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Postby teeth_03 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:57 pm

I could probably explain a little about the non-script files, what do u want to know?

Gordon Finlay
Elite Warrior
Elite Warrior

Postby Gordon Finlay » Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:55 pm

If you ever wanna talk about scripting, hit me up on MSN at gordie_f@hotmail.com.

Trey3
Captain
Captain

Postby Trey3 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:53 am

Atlantis wrote:[Sorry for doublepost]

I know this is a old post but i would love to see a script 2 :-)
Capt Kirk and orginal USS Enterprise and crew #1 too me, Deep Space 9 is #2 for me.

CaptainLB
Warrior Recruit
Warrior Recruit

Postby CaptainLB » Fri May 25, 2012 5:11 pm

ill be watching

Return to Mission Scripting