Uwe, QB2 error, help please

Darth Raven
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Uwe, QB2 error, help please

Postby Darth Raven » Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:13 pm

Hey m8. I made a script, then used the builder to make the .ssl file. then I used the compile.exe file to try to make a .int file.. I get the following error message:

------------

Compiling endgame.ssl
endgame.ssl(108): Error! Undefined symbol bStopMission.

*** THERE WERE ERRORS (1 of them)

------------

The configuration paths in the builder are all correct. The bStopMission line in the .ssl file are correct as well. I can't seem to figure this one out at all lol.

Thanks m8 :)
( [email="raven808" [@] gmail [.] com] | My Klingon Academy Mods )

RacerX
Commander
Commander

Postby RacerX » Wed May 17, 2006 6:53 pm

pretty simple really it shows that the ssl. file ...Line (108) has an item which is not defined...
from the looks of it i would say that your "bStopMission" procedure is not written out or more likely you didn't include the "Mission ssi" with the script. which is where that procedure is defined.

sorry i'm late with the info but hopefully it helps.

Darth Raven
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Postby Darth Raven » Wed May 17, 2006 9:04 pm

Ah okay. Thanks m8, I'll give it another shot :).

Darth Raven
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Postby Darth Raven » Thu May 18, 2006 1:44 pm

Okay, line 108 is a StopMission command... I've tried both switches (TRUE and FALSE) without any change. I do have a stopmission command, and it is a .ssl file :(. The compiler won't compile my script at all... just gives me that error.

RacerX
Commander
Commander

Postby RacerX » Fri May 19, 2006 8:23 pm

look in your "KaLib" folder there you will find the "mission .ssi" file this is the file that wiil have a properly defined stopmission procedure.

I been reading in that file for that last 3 days and remember seeing it in there.

i wish i could just say " it's done like so" BUT scripting still gives me fits also, as you'll see in a later post.

But over all i've learned not to give up ... cuz you can get it to work, REMBER it's all smoke and mirrors.

looking forward to the finished product ,,,,good luck :)

Darth Raven
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Postby Darth Raven » Fri May 19, 2006 9:26 pm

Well, after doing a search through the mission.ssi file, I found that I don't even have a bStopMission param listed in there... that could be the problem.

Uwe
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Postby Uwe » Thu May 25, 2006 1:55 pm

Hi guys,

sorry for my late reply, I was absent for a while.

The bStopMission is a variable which is part of QB2Lib1.7. It is used to indicate the mission should be aborted. Make sure you have the QB2Lib1.7 folder as subfolder of your kalib folder. Make also sure that all necessary files are in that folder. It should be 15 files named qb2lib***.ssi. If necessary, I can tell you the name of all these files, but if there are 15, it should be ok. Make also sure that your qb2builder is configured correctly. That means, that the paths to the KA main folder and the kalib folder are set properly in the configure menu. If this is all done, your script should compile without errors.

Uwe

Darth Raven
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Postby Darth Raven » Thu May 25, 2006 9:50 pm

Ah, damn... now I feel really stupid. I had the QB2Lib1.7 in the main scripts folder...

Thanks for the help m8! :)

Return to Mission Scripting