Could this be done?

Parallaxian
Warrior Recruit
Warrior Recruit

Could this be done?

Postby Parallaxian » Thu Nov 25, 2004 12:54 am

Could the qbscripts be modified so that when a ship yours or otherwise have emergency escape pods be sent out everytime that a ship is destroyed? Or at the very least that say if you're blown up that instead of dying, you're transferred to an escape pod? Just a thought to make things a bit more Star Trek like,

teeth_03
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Postby teeth_03 » Thu Nov 25, 2004 1:53 am

and less Klingon like...

thats ummmmm,well,not really the best idea,considering not everytime a ship blows up it has time to eject escape pods,and that it would use up more CPU

RacerX
Commander
Commander

Postby RacerX » Sun Nov 28, 2004 2:19 am

Scripting is sometimes alot of smoke and mirrors. the idea is good and could be done to saticify the terms a single player game. such as when the ship "blows up" it "triggers" a "LoadShip" line to show the escape pode then a "MoveTo" line to travel from one spot to another. then maybe throw in some text like "you were lucky and assigned another ship" or something, whatever you need to fill the drama of the plot.

Moogle
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Postby Moogle » Sun Nov 28, 2004 6:31 am

Either that or you can script either escape pods, a shuttle shuttles, or something else to appear like ka fake debri so you can have a debri field:)
You know its kinda a Joke,I am a out of work Social Worker, like wtf.

How many people do I have to sleep with to get some service here?

B!tch please you and I both know that is not your real hair color.

http://www.startrekgaming.com/mog/KAdownloaddatabase/

Uwe
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Postby Uwe » Sun Nov 28, 2004 8:15 am

From native scripting, this is easy to do. No problem. With QB2 scripts, it would need a modification in QB2 to trigger the escape pods when the player's ship is destroyed. The automatic transfer is already realized by the emrgency beam-out.

Uwe

Return to Mission Scripting