All system warp MP script

Poqk Ter
Colonel
Colonel

All system warp MP script

Postby Poqk Ter » Sun Apr 25, 2004 8:32 pm

Is there a way to make this possible? i know of a glich in ka during mp where you can warp out of system but it takes too long and is difficult to master, it also causes some interesting effects on the game.

What i am thinking is trien to make a massive server type game, with all systems open, and increasing the number off players, with the newer computers that most have gotten these days it should be possible to do this maybe.

I know i approached redhot with this idea some time ago, but i have been in iraq for the last year and have no idea if he did it or if it couldn't be done.
Founder of the KAAF
"... If a Klingon does not fight, He does not breathe ..."

RacerX
Commander
Commander

Postby RacerX » Sun Apr 25, 2004 9:26 pm

oh yea it's possible and in some cases done :) i created a script that makes all systems allowable and allows you to warp out of system to these other systems i guess it is very simular to the out warp test script "from what i've read".

but i would like to think that mine is some what better even though I've never seen the original "out warp test" script. you can get my script from this site under downloads http://ca.geocities.com/richardgar2001/index2.html the script overwrites the original n101 or avery script give it a try an let me know if it close to what your looking for

I have also been working on the neverending game "great minds think alike" the only problem i'm running into is the fact that you still have to transwarp from sector to sector. i had hoped to cure this by adding working wormholes which would use the "MoveTo procedure" when you get close to them "it's not easy for a beginner like me" but i try and i hope that others will help make my dream possible.

P.S. WELCOME HOME AND THANKS

RacerX
wishing for the impossible is what dreams are made of and the future is made of dreams so how can we lose?

Poqk Ter
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Poqk Ter » Mon Apr 26, 2004 4:06 am

k, thanks man, i'll check it out here this week, what i am looking for is something simular to BC, where there are 8 ppl or more, but fighting in different systems, make the game more interesting
Founder of the KAAF

RacerX
Commander
Commander

Postby RacerX » Mon Apr 26, 2004 5:04 am

well the out warp script i made don't do that. all players start in the same system. But i've been working on a simular script that will allow players to enter a game in different systems other than the starting system. for now it works but has some odd restrictions i.e.. each player has to have a script taylor made for the system the want to start in.
EXAMPLE
in multiplayer fleet wars are popular each fleet has a script made for it.
2 such fleets are IKC and NERV for IKC i made the n101 startup system "Kim" and for NERV i change the startup system to "Hoover" since both use the same script the game works but when NERV joins the Fleet War they start in "hoover" and respawn there as well. this works great for that type of game if the fleets agree. the problem with the script is that any AI ships which are added by the host all start in the same system as the host script so even if IKC hosted and offered the NERV team a starbase, the NERV starbase would appear in the IKC system.

RacerX
in the event of an emergancy the "start screaming now" sign located at the front of the cabin will begin flashing.

RedHotChiliDog
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Postby RedHotChiliDog » Mon Apr 26, 2004 7:00 am

Ah,

I made a reference to this exact same thing in your "half a wormhole?" thread RacerX.

It should be a fairly simple thing to modify the outwarp test script that I had written previously and just add more solar systems to it. It *should* also be a simple matter to allow the players to spawn randomly between those systems, making multiple solar system battles possible and a lot of fun.

Let me know if you need any help accomplishing this. I have written some MP code in the past and might be able to help out with any problems you may experience.
RedHotChiliDog

Klingons and Potato Chips are better with ridges.

brianmoler.com - Mission scripting and other strangeness

SporkOfTheApocalypse
Captain
Captain

Postby SporkOfTheApocalypse » Tue Apr 27, 2004 2:19 am

MMO KA anyone? OMG that would kick ass. Build up resources and get bigger ships etc. etc. ahhhh I WANT IT NOWWWWW!

Poqk Ter
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Poqk Ter » Sat May 01, 2004 6:30 am

Well i have used a script that allows certain mmo abilities, but it was very beta, and mentioning any names assosiated with it was very frowned upon, i have no idea if it was completed or what, my conections have been hampered by my absence for the past year.
Founder of the KAAF

mhs7603
Warrior Recruit
Warrior Recruit

Postby mhs7603 » Sat May 15, 2004 10:44 am

Sounds like fun, if it ever was finished.
mnhei'sahe

Poqk Ter
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Poqk Ter » Sun May 16, 2004 3:24 am

yeah thats the one i sent you, but it is very beta, we need a scriptor to look at it
Founder of the KAAF

Gordon Finlay
Elite Warrior
Elite Warrior

Postby Gordon Finlay » Thu Jun 02, 2005 8:13 pm

And a scripter you have. I believe the script you're referring to in the last few posts here was my Net War beta. I have every intention of finishing that now, using the Galactic Exploration script as a base. The original Net War code was bulky and inefficient, but now we can make it beautiful. ;)

Anyway, I'd love to hear suggestions on what should be in it.

Dater
Elite Warrior
Elite Warrior

Postby Dater » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:06 am

Any progess on that Net War script? I got very excited reading up on this thread! :)
Dater: "Yeah, Teeth. Thanks for pushing me into a black hole!"

Gordon Finlay
Elite Warrior
Elite Warrior

Postby Gordon Finlay » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:21 am

Net War, sadly, died in a hard drive crash. I don't have the source anymore. Honestly, it was a novel idea but it didn't turn out to be that much fun to play for the sole reason that (a) when out-system warping was used, it turned into a giant warp-fest, and (b) freighters in KA... just suck. The freighters have no hull, shields, or armament, which wouldn't be that bad if they didn't travel slow as heck. Still, it was kinda cool to do the whole upgrades thing; definitely an idea to take to future scripting projects.

Return to Mission Scripting