Need Some Answers About QB2 & KA2

DARTH CORLEONE
Warrior Recruit
Warrior Recruit

Need Some Answers About QB2 & KA2

Postby DARTH CORLEONE » Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:38 pm

Hello All. I'm just trying to get back up to speed on KA and some of it's Mods. I have KA working on my Win Vista, win 7and Win 8.1 compoters and everything seems to be OK. I can connect by LAN to all 3 computers and play ok. however, I do need to get some questions answered because i've not been into KA for a few years. my Quwstions Are:

1. Is QB2 (Quick Battle 2) still working on KA?
2. What is KA2? and just what PC game do you need to play or install the mod?

P.s I will ask some other questions if this Forum is still working? DC....

Darth Raven
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Re: Need Some Answers About QB2 & KA2

Postby Darth Raven » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:22 pm

QB2 still works. As far as I'm aware no one is actively working on anything, mods or scripts, for the game though. It's pretty much dead at this point.
( [email="raven808" [@] gmail [.] com] | My Klingon Academy Mods )

DARTH CORLEONE
Warrior Recruit
Warrior Recruit

Postby DARTH CORLEONE » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:38 pm

Thank's for the quick reply. I'm happy to see that there is someone still out there. Maybe You can give me an answer to some questions i have.

1. i'd like to get Quick Battle 2 working again on my system. It looks like i may have some parts or files in the wrong place. I have the QB2 1.7 Zip but and the installing instructions say to place a file in the main KA Folder. On my install of KA I have C:\Programfilesx386\14 Degrees East with some files there and a KA folder there too. Is the main KA folder that the QB2 Install instructions refer to the main 14 Degrees East folder or the KA folder inside the 14 Degrees East folder?
Also is the QB2 1.7 zip include the QB2.exe file?

Darth Raven
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Postby Darth Raven » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:52 pm

The main directory would be C:\Program files\14 Degrees East\Klingon Academy\ (On my computer, KA installs to your main program files directory, so my link will be a we bit different than yours there)

Most of the files will end up in the Scripts folder once installed. And the QB2 installer will include everything needed to run QB2 files. There are a couple other files needed if you want to create the scripts though. That's all on Brain Moler's site (http://www.brianmoler.com/). The direct path to his QB2 downloads is: http://www.brianmoler.com/downloads/index.php?dirpath=./Klingon%20Academy%20Downloads/Quick%20Battle%20II%20Downloads&order=0

I'd download them all anywhere, as you never know when KA files might go offline lol:
The main file: http://www.brianmoler.com/downloads/download.php?fname=./Klingon%20Academy%20Downloads/Quick%20Battle%20II%20Downloads/qb2v1.7.zip
Editor: http://www.brianmoler.com/downloads/download.php?fname=./Klingon%20Academy%20Downloads/Quick%20Battle%20II%20Downloads/qb2editv1.7.zip
Builder: http://www.brianmoler.com/downloads/download.php?fname=./Klingon%20Academy%20Downloads/Quick%20Battle%20II%20Downloads/qb2buildv1.7.zip

Sorry if I'm a bit rusty, haven't played with QB2 files in a few years now lol.

DARTH CORLEONE
Warrior Recruit
Warrior Recruit

Postby DARTH CORLEONE » Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:53 pm

Thank's again for Your help. last night I was able to remember just how I use to do a few things with KA and got QB2 running again. I had to config and point the QB2 to the KA folder on my C drive.
I'd like to know if I can get quick Battle (1) with Ship Preview thinggy on the Simulation Menu along with Quick Battle 2 also. Right now i have to use 2 Scripts folders. one with just Quick Battle and another with QB 2.

LeDaniel
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby LeDaniel » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:47 pm

DARTH CORLEONE wrote:Thank's again for Your help. last night I was able to remember just how I use to do a few things with KA and got QB2 running again. I had to config and point the QB2 to the KA folder on my C drive.
I'd like to know if I can get quick Battle (1) with Ship Preview thinggy on the Simulation Menu along with Quick Battle 2 also. Right now i have to use 2 Scripts folders. one with just Quick Battle and another with QB 2.

Hi ! If you wait a few months, i will put here for download my MOD for QB1 - where you can fly to 99 systems and at every systém will be someone or something waiting for you. It will be like 99 skirmish systems. i do it in original systems in KA QB and it was fun :) .

Return to Klingon Academy Modding