Release: PES Revised TOS USS Enterprise 1701 2.x

DBF68
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Release: PES Revised TOS USS Enterprise 1701 2.x

Postby DBF68 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:32 am

`

YouTube Preview: USS Enterprise (TOS) vs. Romulan "Legion" Light Cruiser (8 min - Test 1) - 10/8/2012

YouTube Preview: 3 TOS Constitution Cruisers vs 3 Romulan Destroyers - 3 (12 min) - Jul 21, 2014

- Day & Night Themes - No glaring white web page background.
                  - Volume Control
                  - Auto HD
                  - Cinema & Backlight
                  - Customize Comments
                  - Video snapshots

Update 5/20/2015: - These files are now available on Dropbox. You don't need a Dropbox account to download them. Just click on a link, click on the blue download button, and on the bottom of the account creation window, select the option "No thanks, continue to download" to download the file.

Update 10/19/2014: Scotty emailed me today and said he was having problems with the 7zip file that has the installer executable file in it:

Scotty wrote:
Finally got around to trying this but I can't install it. First I kept getting incorrect command line error from 7zip and then when I manually unpacked the files I got another error when trying to use the installer. Using Win 8.1.

Also, I could not see the ship files in the group that I unpacked, just Game Audio Player, Docs and TOS music folders. :(

So, I'm making a "folders only" 7zip file available too in case anyone else has problems.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Enjoy and let me know if anything seems off or doesn't work.

Thanks.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Excerpted from the PES Revised TOS USS Enterprise 1701 2.x MS Word Doc:

Introduction

This revised TOS Constitution ship is not like the ugly wimpy KA stock version, nor is it like the PES version that uses the stock TOS Constitution ship parameters. A lot of things have been beefed up on this ship, but not to stupid excess. What the previous ships suffered from were osca.shp file parameters that made this a very weak “why bother” ship that was easily destroyed.

Maybe I’m wrong, but I lean towards thinking the TOS Constitution as being more like a TMP light cruiser when compared to a TMP Constitution heavy cruiser. So, I’ve done what I can to make this TOS Constitution ship worthy of being used without turning it into a TMP era ship. This ship’s osca.shp file has tons of notation and documentation as to what I did, what I tried, and why. There’s info on how its new parameters compare to the old parameters and the current TMP Constitution parameters. Overall, this is a more enjoyable ship.

Note: This revised mod isn’t finished, but real life priorities trump fun stuff. So, I’m not sure when I’ll have time to get back to working on it, if at all. Even so, at the request of one my YouTube channel subscribers named NiftyPlymouth, and because it’s been nearly two years since I’ve worked on it, I decided to bundle it up and make it available. There are still a number of things that need to be fixed, that I can’t fix, and that are unfinished, but they don’t really detract from the fun and nostalgia of piloting this ship.

Also, I’m not an expert on all things regarding KA ship modding. So, I might not have made all the right decisions when it comes to the ship parameter changes. Balance is important to me, but sometimes you have to do the best you can with the info and knowledge you have at the moment and then test it with lots of Quick Battle skirmishes to determine whether you’ve made good changes. Hopefully, I made the right decisions and struck a good balance to make this an enjoyable ship for you.

Word of Advice

In order to get a good feel for what this ship can and can’t do, take it up against smaller class ships first, i.e. destroyers and frigates. You’ll be a lot less frustrated if you battle these smaller ships versus going up against TMP era light cruisers right away. For instance, going up against a Klingon “QA’HOS” Relentless class light cruiser can be very frustrating and aggravating. Fortunately, tracking photon torpedoes are enabled by default and they can help level the playing field to some degree. They won’t follow “targeting orders”, but they will have a better chance at hitting the enemy ship at long distances in order to soften up the enemy ship’s shields.

Noticeable Items

• Various file and folder remnants I didn’t remove and clean up because this is still a WIP ship.

• You’ll see some of the initial damage and fire special effects I experimented with early in the revision process. There’s the fire in the areas of the primary hull that have been damaged.
Also, there’s fire in the windows of the primary hull. Unfortunately, the window fire looks like crap because of the built-in “flickering” parameters. So, the window fire is still one of the things on my list to try and fix.

• Sometimes you’ll hear a phaser fire, but not see the phaser graphic. Try as I might, I can’t seem to fix that problem. Although, I think I’ve been able to lessen the frequency of those events to some extent. Still, this "hear a phaser, not see a phaser" problem is also something seen with some of the stock Fed ships that use beam weapons.

• After seeing the damage effects on the secondary hull on the TOS Enterprise from a distance during a QB session against a Romulan light cruiser, I’m thinking of lessening or removing the smoke effect. What I saw with the smoke effect looked like there was some kind of neon pastel party going on in the decks. The effect of seeing severely damaged decks was noticeably muted.

• The advanced weapon on the Enterprise that gets destroyed during the battle is actually an AI controlled dorsal forward primary hull phaser. Setting up that phaser bank as an advanced weapon was the only way I could think of to allow both dorsal and ventral forward phasers to not fire at the same time, i.e. the four phaser fired effect. You can still get that effect if you fire the ventral phasers at the same time the AI fires the dorsal phasers. Still, using this advanced weapon workaround makes firing the forward phasers less “four phasers fired” goofy and more like we’ve seen in the TOS episodes.

• Something I can’t fix is the muted phaser firing sound effect for the forward dorsal or ventral phasers if either the dorsal AI phasers or player ventral phasers are fired first and the other phaser set fires soon afterwards.

What’s New - Highlights

• Ship scale has been set to 7 to more closely match the size difference between Kt'Hyla's TMP Constitution and TOS Constitution ships.

• Revised a lot of the SHP file info structure to be more readable and helpful.

• Improved phaser and photon torpedo graphics and sound effects.

• Detailed parameter information and choices on phasers and photon torpedoes can be found in the osca.ship file under the sections ...

• Aligned guns.lwo files: Ships\OSCA\HIGH\OBJ\New Guns\Aligned

• Using the TOS ship warp speed sound as the emergency turn sound.

• Changed rotating bussards to look like they had some kind of energy power glow to them.

• Port and starboard warp engine bussards show damage effect instead of just disappearing.

• Port warp engine bussard and starboard rear engine have active internal warp plasma visual effect when those sections explode.

• Added fire effects to damaged areas of primary saucer section when damaged.

• Added fire effects to the primary saucer section windows when saucer is damaged.

• Revised port secondary hull damage reveal when that side is damaged.

• Changed the area behind the deflector dish to a more gold color instead of the previous mustard yellow color.

• Made the plasma vent grills on the pylons look better than grill textures used originally.

• A choice of three types of Damage Control (DC) macros.

• Engineering Power Allocation Levels & Priorities have been reset to stock levels per Power Allocation Orders (PAO) 1-8 and modified to include additional phasers.

• Chose to enable Legendary officers.

You seem to stand a better chance of survival when you have legendary officers on duty.

Legendary: Captain
# James T. Kirk - Commanding officer

Legendary: Science
# Mr. Spock - Commander, First officer, Science officer

Legendary: Engineering
# Montgomery Scott - Lieutenant Commander, Second officer, Chief engineer

Legendary: Helm
# Hikaru Sulu - Lieutenant, Helmsman

Legendary: Weapons
# Hikaru Sulu - Lieutenant, Weapons

Legendary: Security
# Pavel Chekov - Ensign, Navigator, Security Officer, Tactical Officer

Legendary: Communications
# Nyota Uhura - Lieutenant, Chief Communications officer

Legendary: Medical
# Dr. Leonard McCoy - Lieutenant Commander, Chief medical officer & Christine Chapel - Lieutenant, Head Nurse

• Fixed the annoying vertical line at the polygon join point on the primary hull fore rim middle window that split the window into two sections.

• Adjusted various textures on the underside of the warp engines and secondary hull so the graphics would line up properly to one another.

• Changed the hull color to a darker more flattering gray vs. the lighter gray color.

Included Music

In order to enhance the enjoyment of using this mod, I’ve included eight TOS music MP3s.

Star Trek - Newly Recorded Music From Selected Episodes V1

• Radiation.mp3

• Zap Sam, Zap Janice, Zap The Cap - Edited.mp3

Star Trek - Newly Recorded Music From Selected Episodes V2

• Black Ship Tension - Edited.mp3

• Mirror, Mirror.mp3

Star Trek - The Doomsday Machine and Amok Time V2

• Kirk Does It Again.mp3

• The Ritual - Ancient Battle - 2nd Kroykah.mp3

• Violent Shakes - Edited.mp3

Romulans - Balance of Terror - Edited.mp3

• Similar to Black Ship Tension and Mirror, Mirror.

Other revised mods:

PES Revised TMP USS Enterprise 1701 2.1

Moonraker's Revised TMP IKV Amar 2.0
Last edited by DBF68 on Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:10 am, edited 47 times in total.
Warning, we have entered Neutral Zone, Warning.....

LeDaniel
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Release: PES Revised TOS USS Enterprise 1701 2.x

Postby LeDaniel » Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:48 pm

Great , thank´s a lot :) !

I will try it :) !

DBF68
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby DBF68 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:34 am

Update: Apparently, I forgot a rather crucial item in this mod download, i.e. the new photon torpedo similar to the one in the remastered TOS series: :rolleyes:

What I forgot to include in the KA directory was the Object folder containing the tostorp.lwo. The textures were included, but since the lwo file wasn't present, all you'll get is the game reverting back to the crummy stock torpedo. I only discovered this issue after upgrading to W7 Pro, installing KA, and then installing this mod.

Re-download the mod file above at your convenience to get the new and improved TOS torpedo. This time around, I created an installer with Install Creator 2 to make things a little easier and to allow this mod to be uninstalled easily. Let me know if you find anything else I didn't do right or if you have any suggestions.

Thanks. :D

Darth Raven
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Postby Darth Raven » Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:03 pm

Pretty cool! I'd love to see someone make the JJprise, with the shweeet warp nacelles on it. But this is a nice ship.
( [email="raven808" [@] gmail [.] com] | My Klingon Academy Mods )

el_flesh
Warrior
Warrior

Postby el_flesh » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:23 pm

I'm not sure what line is supposed to be in QBships.txt
Will this work:
F Constitution Cruiser (Refit) = FCA USS Enterprise
F Constitution Cruiser (OLD) = OCA USS Kestral
F Constitution Cruiser (OLD) = USS Enterprise NCC-1701

DBF68
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby DBF68 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:35 pm

Unless I screwed up and didn't include it, there should be a text file with instructions on what to do. Here's what should be included in the unzipped folder, both the foldered and installer version:

PES Revised TMP USS Enterprise 1701 2.1 Install Text.txt

To prevent overwriting any existing QBSHIPS.txt and QBSYS.txt files in the Klingon Academy directory Scripts folder used for other mods, the QBSHIPS.txt and QBSYS.txt files in this install package have been renamed to:

QBSHIPS - Stock Ships.txt

and

QBSYS - Re-ordered Stock Systems.txt

To use this ship:

1. Open the included F Constitution Refit 1701 = 1701 USS Enterprise.txt file.

2. Copy and paste this ship's reference line into the current QBSHIPS.txt file below the stock ship:

F Constitution CA (Refit) = FCA USS Enterprise

3. Save the current QBSHIPS.txt file.

el_flesh
Warrior
Warrior

Postby el_flesh » Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:51 am

Yes, I did get that part, only it is unclear. I used the installer version.
I was unable to find the text file telling me what to do. I only got the instructions from a window while installing.

I flew a skirmish against 2 Const available.

It worked with the lines I put in.
Is there any way to get that cool TOS music to run during a game instead of Klingon Opera?

DBF68
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby DBF68 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:01 pm

el_flesh wrote:Yes, I did get that part, only it is unclear. I used the installer version.
I was unable to find the text file telling me what to do. I only got the instructions from a window while installing.

I flew a skirmish against 2 Const available.

It worked with the lines I put in.
Is there any way to get that cool TOS music to run during a game instead of Klingon Opera?

Oops. Ok. Sorry about the instructions being unclear. I'll have to check it to see if I included a copy of the text file instructions with the installer.

As for the music, I turn off the KA music from within the game's Audio settings and use Winamp to listen to the TOS music. You'll have to play with the Winamp volume a bit to get what you'll like. You might also have to adjust the game sound effects slider so that they're not too loud or soft.

Trey3
Captain
Captain

Postby Trey3 » Sat May 06, 2017 11:23 pm

nice looking ship!

DBF68
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby DBF68 » Tue May 09, 2017 12:09 am

Trey3 wrote:nice looking ship!

Thanks. Kt'Hyla made great ships. I just supplemented the things I thought would enhance it and make it more usable.

Return to Klingon Academy Modding