Teeth's Collection

teeth_03
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Teeth's Collection

Postby teeth_03 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:07 am

***UPDATE***

I added a patch that lets you use the ships in multiplayer. The ship lists in Multiplayer are now also controlled by the QBSHIPS batch switching.

***ORIGINAL POST***

So after about 5 years of thinking about it, I finally zipped up my modded install and uploaded it so everyone can use it. I'm giving you guys this as-is, don't expect me to fix anything, I haven't added anything to this install in those 5+ years, so I cant even tell you what works or doesn't work.

Read-Me

Code: Select all
Teeth's Collection Version 1 and Only 1 (As-is, don't expect future versions or fixes)

I didn't make anything in this collection, Its just been sitting on my hard drive, wanting to be shared to everyone who asked me for mods that I only have installed in this.

Installation:

This is literally my whole modded installation, you can basically just run it from anywhere on your PC after you extract the .zip.

Noteworthy Stuff:

1. There are 5 .bat files (Pre-TOS,TOS,TMP,TNG,SW-B5) that changes the qbships file for that era. SW-B5 is Star Wars and Babylon 5 ships. You can create shortcuts to these and put them on your desktop if you switch them around a lot. By default its on TNG. Note: If you put this in the program files folder, you might need to make sure that "Everyone" has permissions of the folder so the scripts dont get an access denied error when ran.

2. You can play the ships in multiplayer but you will need to edit the "Scripts\Mog\ships" file and add in the ships that you want. The supplied file as stock ships only but you can figure out from that how to add ships. I believe you want the second part of a qbships line as the ship name in the file, the race number defines what race in the multiplayer ship selection screen the ship will appear in, and you can define the point value there as well.

3. I included the qb2edit utility, you can find it in the scripts folder. You can create your own missions with this utility. It references the active qbships file when you make a mission but you shouldnt need to keep the same qbships file active to play it (I think).

4. Included is the Animator and Lightwave programs used to make ship models. I have no idea how to use these programs, so don't ask.

5. Included is Komat's patches already for Vista/7/8 players.

6. MQBConfig01 and MQBConfig02 are used to change settings for the Modified Quick Battle script

7. The random encounters are for TNG only, so if you warp around, you will always see TNG ships. the REINFO.txt file governs this.

Download Links:

Main File (1.1 GB):

http://goodolgaming.com/downloads/index ... nWhole.zip

Main File Divided (250MB, last file 26)

http://goodolgaming.com/downloads/index ... part01.rar
http://goodolgaming.com/downloads/index ... part02.rar
http://goodolgaming.com/downloads/index ... part03.rar
http://goodolgaming.com/downloads/index ... part04.rar
http://goodolgaming.com/downloads/index ... part05.rar

Multiplayer Patch

http://goodolgaming.com/downloads/index ... rPatch.zip

Qbships files (Preview the List before downloading/installing):

http://goodolgaming.com/downloads/index ... BSHIPS.zip
Last edited by teeth_03 on Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:57 pm, edited 4 times in total.

kolby
Warrior Recruit
Warrior Recruit

Re: Teeth's Collection

Postby kolby » Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:55 am

Downloaded file and no files to extract :(

teeth_03
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Postby teeth_03 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:46 pm

Try to use Winrar to unpack it, its what I used to zip it up.

kolby
Warrior Recruit
Warrior Recruit

Postby kolby » Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:46 pm

downloaded 3 times and sill no files or corruption message.

LeDaniel
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby LeDaniel » Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:14 pm

I download the file and unpack it with winrar and everything is OK.

Teeth, thanks a lot :) .

kolby
Warrior Recruit
Warrior Recruit

Postby kolby » Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:39 pm

got a complete download this time, The wifi god must have been angry or something :rolleyes: ?
Everything is good, It is a SWEET collection of ships :D .

nashman
Warrior Recruit
Warrior Recruit

Postby nashman » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:24 pm

Hi,
it seems i can't manage to download a working archive. It always says "unexpected archive-ending", ..... any idea anybody?

kolby
Warrior Recruit
Warrior Recruit

Postby kolby » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:26 am

Same problem I had, so I tried downloading 4 differnt times before I got a total download.
I still use wifi on winxp sp3, could be the problem or too far from the router or something else
hard to say ?

LeDaniel
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby LeDaniel » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:43 am

maybe its Win XP problém , i´m using WIN 7 64 bit and everythink is allright.

nashman
Warrior Recruit
Warrior Recruit

Postby nashman » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:54 am

LeDaniel wrote:maybe its Win XP problém , i´m using WIN 7 64 bit and everythink is allright.

I'm using Win 7 64 bit and still didn't get a complete download...
For some reason it stops at 126.9 MBs...

teeth_03
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Postby teeth_03 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:26 pm

It could be my web server has a hard time handling such a large file. I'll see if I can upload it somewhere else. It also might not hurt to plug in somewhere if you happen to be using Wifi.

nashman
Warrior Recruit
Warrior Recruit

Postby nashman » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:06 pm

Hi teeth,
a new upload would be great. Or - maybe - it's possible to split the file into smaller ones?

strekship
Colonel
Colonel

Postby strekship » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:16 am

Looks cool. I will have to check it out and see whats there.

teeth_03
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Postby teeth_03 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:46 pm

i never did get around to making the upload in smaller parts, let me know if you have issues getting it

strekship
Colonel
Colonel

Postby strekship » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:23 am

I'm getting the following error when attempting to download the file:

Error in download_count on line 109.
./public/ka/DVDKit.rar is already defined.

teeth_03
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Postby teeth_03 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:59 pm

I fixed that, and I made 250 MB sections, and I renamed the original file to make it a little less confusing (links in main post updated)

DARTH CORLEONE
Warrior Recruit
Warrior Recruit

Postby DARTH CORLEONE » Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:42 pm

Thank's for sharing Your Collection. I have downloaded it. i seem to be having a bit of trouble with the QBShips-SW.bat file abd the other 3 .bat files. question when i launch the .bat file is KA suppose to start or what else do I have to do to play? the SW Ship mods? I can't seem to see any SW Files anywhare. Can someone please help. DC. I running W7 and have a good MY KA with QB21.7 is works just fine without any of Your collection or files added. However I ave been able to play some special Qouck Battle when I launch KA from your main directry. however, i can'f cee any SW ships there. Is there a patch of something i have overlooked?

teeth_03
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Postby teeth_03 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:55 am

The batch files basically just switch around what the active qbships file is. Instead of having everything in one list, I have them sorted by era.

Like I said in my readme, you must make sure "everyone" has permission of the KA folder for the scripts to work properly. It also won't work if they're ran as admin.

There is a subfolder under Scripts that has the various qbships files. The batch file DELETES the active qbships file and inserts the one you chose to use. It does not launch the game automatically.

DARTH CORLEONE
Warrior Recruit
Warrior Recruit

Postby DARTH CORLEONE » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:36 pm

Teeth, Can you please tell me in which of Your 5 or Whole folders the SW ( IMP & REB ) Ships are located. I just want to add these ships to my collection. I have a very good KA that works fine. You have the whole game imbedded in Your collection. I can get Your KA to work and play on my Win 7 sys but it also seems to be missing some of the SW ships.so it crashes and I have to logoff and restart my computer. Is there some sort of Model Viewer that i can use to check out the ships in your collection so that i can verify their existance?

teeth_03
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Postby teeth_03 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:56 pm

What your asking is very difficult, since the textures for every object in KA is all stored in the Textures folder and the graphics for all the weapons are stored under GFX.

The reason I uploaded it as-is is because of what you want to do, separate out the mods, is very tedious so its there for others to do it, but its not something I have the time nor desire to do.

I also have no idea what the SHIPS folders are, you would have to dig around and check the .shp files.

Next

Return to Klingon Academy Modding