DBF68
Commander
Commander

Release: Moonraker's Revised TMP IKV Amar 2.0

Postby DBF68 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:13 am

`

Download: Moonraker's Revised TMP IKV Amar 2.0 Folders

YouTube Preview: IKV Amar vs. USS Enterprise - Test Video - Oct 25, 2012

- Day & Night Themes - No glaring white web page background.
                  - Volume Control
                  - Auto HD
                  - Cinema & Backlight
                  - Customize Comments
                  - Video snapshots

Update 9/1/2015: If you downloaded this file and installed the folders, it probably crashed KA. Somehow, the WF_SHCK0.scm decloaking sound got mixed up with a voice file and I have no idea how it happened. Fortunately, I create backup files within my releases and the correct file was still intact in the Klingon Academy\Sounds\Stereo\Klingon\Cloak - Player folder. So, download the file again and try to run KA because this ship should work now.

Update 6/10/2015: This post, its links, and the mod instructions are still in the process of being updated as time permits. In the meantime, I've uploaded the mod file to Dropbox. You don't need a Dropbox account to download it. Just click on the download link, click on the blue download button, and on the bottom of the account creation window, select the option "No thanks, continue to download" to download the file.

Update 8/25/11: Game Audio Player 1.32 has been bundled up into each mod ship's rar file along with instructions on how to use it. It should make mod sound effect file listening, evaluation, and choosing a lot easier.

Game Audio Player (GAP) is a program that can play Klingon Academy .acm (mono) and .scm (stereo) files. It’s a stand alone program that doesn’t need to be installed. Instead, it can run from the folder that contains it.

Update: Why? finally found time to send me his TMP PHOTON TORPEDO PACK Ver. 3. The Red torps now replace the ones I originally included in the Moonraker K'Tinga 2.0.rar file. The Blue torps are provided as an option in the PES 1701 2.1.rar file. To get them, re-download each mod's rar file. The reason I'm not providing these torps as a separate download is because I don't want to get into a haphazard fragmented download approach when it comes to getting a complete mod. I'll leave that website administrative fiasco up to John. ;)

Email Sent: Monday, August 08, 2011 2:58 PM

Why?

Thanks for the torps. I was really skeptical that they'd be any different than the ones I had color warmed and pcx brightened (Based on deconstructing his website torp gif file), but I'm glad I was wrong. They look great right out of the box with no fuss or muss. So, I'm going to repackage the Moonraker K'T'inga with them. Then, I'll put an addendum in the post about them so people know what they're getting.

Post a reply if you downloaded the ships, tell me what you think, and let me know if something doesn't work or if you have suggestions. I've revised these mods for myself more than anything else. Still, it'd be nice to get some feedback / constructive input. Thanks.

Post reading music: Immediate Music - Judgement Day Immediate Music - Witch Hunt Immediate Music - Ultimatum (No Choir)

What’s New

• Important: All High, Medium, Low, and Slow LW Object folders should be kept in order to prevent ship hopping during ship distance Level of Detail (LOD) changes.

• In chase view, ship and shields have been repositioned to be above the bottom screen menu.

• Stock Klingon disruptor sound replaced (Sounds\Klingon\Disruptor folder).

o There are 14 disruptor sound choices in folders categorized as Good and Decent.
o The default disuptor sound used for this mod is WF_HDFR0v11.

• 8/12/2011 - Klingon photon torpedos are Why?’s TMP PHOTON TORPEDO PACK Ver. 3.

• Klingon photon torpedo sound is from ST: TMP.

o Cleaned it up a bit and made it a better full rounded sound using Adobe Audition 3.

• Default torps are seeking using 2.514 for both angular velocity and angular acceleration.

o Additional seeking and non-seeking parameters provided in SHP file.

FYI: Seeking torps disobeying orders. 5-31-2012

• Stock cloak/decloak sound replaced.

o The new sounds are a modified version of the KBOP cloak/decloak sound from ST3.
o One set of sounds is for the Klingon ship player to hear (.scm) and the second set are for what you hear as an enemy ship when nearby a cloaking/decloaking Klingon ship (.acm)
o They replace all ship cloak/decloak sounds since there doesn’t seem to be a way to isolate a cloak/decloak sound per race, i.e Klingon, Romulan, etc..

• Aligned and Unaligned GUNS files created (Ships\KCAT\HIGH\OBJ\NEW GUNS folders).

o Aligned disruptor points don’t shoot disruptor fire through ship hull.
o Unaligned disruptor points do shoot disruptor fire through ship hull.

- GUNS 2 FPSA Dsrptrs 40 (80) degree arc 1 FA Torp
- GUNS 4 FPSA Dsrptrs 40 (80) degree arc 1 FA Torp
- GUNS 4 FPSA Dsrptrs 40 (80) degree arc 2F 1A Torp

o Default Guns – Unaligned GUNS 4 FPSA Dsrptrs 40 (80) degree arc 1 FA Torp

• SHP file 50 (100) degree target detection firing arc reduced to 40 (80) degrees to keep port bow and starboard bow disruptors from shooting through the bulb section of primary hull.

• Damage control macros have locks on different macro categories.

o Allows only the sliders of a macro category to be adjusted.
o Allows repair priority fine tuning to those sliders in that macro category.
o Keeps other sliders in different macro categories from stealing repair priority.

• Stock KCAC.shp file data has been used to replace KCAT.shp file data.

o To be sure I wasn’t changing anything important such as ship texture location and system damage associations, I compared the KCAC.shp and KCAT.shp files against each other using MS Word’s “Compare & Merge Documents” feature.
o HullHitsHurtsCrewFactor was 0 in Moonraker’s KCAT.shp file.
o HullHitsHurtsCrewFactor is now the KCAC equivalent of 1.440

• Alternate Ship Movement Option - Slower and more deliberate Cruiser class battle action.

• QBSHIPS.TXT script file has a listing for this ship line separated from other ships in file.

o Listed as K K'T'inga CA IKV Amar = IKV Amar
o If you have an existing QBSHIPS.TXT file in your Scripts folder, prevent overwriting it by copying and pasting the above ship name listing into your current QBSHIPS.TXT file.

Other revised mods:

PES Revised TOS USS Enterprise 1701 2.x

PES Revised TMP USS Enterprise 1701 2.1
Last edited by DBF68 on Sat May 12, 2018 3:45 am, edited 29 times in total.
Warning, we have entered Neutral Zone, Warning.....

DBF68
Commander
Commander

Postby DBF68 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:37 pm

Slight screw up on my part. If you've downloaded the PES 1701 2.1, you might want to download it again. I forgot to put the newer Damage Control and Power Management Control files in the Macros folder. These DC files have the locks on them per system. The PMC file for Offensive power allocation is a little different than the one used for the PES 1701 2.0. You may or may not like the settings, but they were done as a counter approach to the Moonraker K'Tinga that was kicking my PES 1701 2.1 butt lately. Of course, you can change them to how ever you like. Anyway, I've made the correction and re-uploaded the PES 1701 2.1 file.

Any downloads of this mod done after this 7/30/11 post date will have the updated files in the mod.

Update 8/18/12: Since Flash isn't working properly on the new website, here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=viW0pjqI6As
Last edited by DBF68 on Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Scotty
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Postby Scotty » Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:25 pm

Looks sweet! Can't wait to try this out!
Beam this up!

John
Chancellor
Chancellor

Postby John » Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:34 pm

Sweet!
I'm telling you Teal'C if we don't find a way out of this soon I'm gonna loose it. Loose it, it means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, 3 fries short of a happy meal, WHACKO!

el_flesh
Warrior
Warrior

Postby el_flesh » Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:06 am

Sorry,
HOW do I play back those .SCM sounds so I can choose which one I want???

DBF68
Commander
Commander

Postby DBF68 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:31 pm

el_flesh wrote:
Sorry, HOW do I play back those .SCM sounds so I can choose which one I want???

No need to be sorry. I might not have explained the procedure well enough in the Word doc instructions for how to use and choose sound files. See if this information helps. If it still doesn't answer the question, let me know. If it does answer the question, then this is probably something I need to put in a revised version of the Word doc instructions for both ship mods

Stereo files (.scm) go into the Klingon Academy\Sounds\Stereo folder

Mono files (.acm) go into the Klingon Academy\Sounds folder

---

Mod folder - PES_1701_2.1\Sounds\Stereo\Federation\Impulse Engine

As far as I know, the impulse engine sound of your choice will replace that sound for all KA ships.

Pick and test an impulse engine sound to find one you like. Copy the BH_ENGR0.scm file from a folder of your choice and paste it into the Klingon Academy\Sounds\Stereo folder. Next, load up the PES 1701 2.1 Constitution in a Quick Battle with a Listening Post as your enemy. Then, without the concern of having an enemy ship bearing down on you, engage impulse engines to see if you like the sound well enough to keep it. If you don't like that sound, choose another one and follow the same copy, paste, and test procedure.

Imp Eng 1 - BH_ENGR0.scm

Imp Eng 2 - BH_ENGR0.scm

Imp Eng 3 - BH_ENGR0.scm

Imp Eng 4 - BH_ENGR0.scm

Imp Eng 5 - BH_ENGR0.scm

Imp Eng 6 - BH_ENGR0.scm

Imp Eng 7 - BH_ENGR0.scm

Imp Eng 8 - BH_ENGR0.scm

Imp Eng 9 - BH_ENGR0.scm

Imp Eng Stock v2 - BH_ENGR0.scm

-----

Mod folder - PES_1701_2.1\Sounds\Stereo\Federation\ST2 Bridge

There are no choices to be made here. These sounds replace the old 1960's tv series Enterprise bridge sounds. All 4 files need to be placed in the Klingon Academy\Sounds\Stereo folder to hear the ST2 Kobayashi Maru bridge scene sounds. The reason all 4 files are needed is because the KA engine cycles between 4 ambient bridge sound files by programmed design. If any one of those files are not included, you'll hear a TOS Constitution bridge sound file played in it's place.

BH_CMFF0.scm

BH_CMFF1.scm

BH_CMFF2.scm

BH_CMFF3.scm

-----

Mod folder - PES_1701_2.1\Sounds\Stereo\Impulse Turn

The impulse engine high energy turn sound of your choice will replace that sound for all KA ships.

Pick and test an impulse high energy turn sound to find one you like. Copy the BH_HAEA0.scm file from a folder of your choice and paste it into the Klingon Academy\Sounds\Stereo folder. Next, load up the "any ship" into a Quick Battle with a Listening Post as your enemy. Then, without the concern of having an enemy ship bearing down on you, engage the impulse engine high energy turn to see if you like the sound enough to keep it. If you don't like that sound, choose another one and follow the same copy, paste, and test procedure.

HETwarm 10 sec - BH_HAEA0.scm

HETwarm 7 sec - BH_HAEA0.scm

Imp E-Turn 10 sec - BH_HAEA0.scm

Imp E-Turn 3.661 sec - BH_HAEA0.scm

Imp E-Turn 5 sec - BH_HAEA0.scm

Imp E-Turn 5.166 sec - BH_HAEA0.scm

Imp E-Turn 7.322 sec - BH_HAEA0.scm

Imp E-Turn Stock v2 10 sec - BH_HAEA0.scm

-----

Mod folder - Moonraker_K'Tinga_2.0\Sounds\Stereo

There are no choices to be made here. These sounds replace the stock cloaking and decloaking sounds for all player piloted cloakable ships. Both files need to be placed in the Klingon Academy\Sounds\Stereo folder.

WF_SHCK0.scm - Stereo cloaking sound heard by player using a cloakable ship.

WF_SHDK0.scm - Stereo decloaking sound heard by player using a cloakable ship.

Even though these files have the same name as those in the Moonraker_K'Tinga_2.0\Sounds folder, they are Stereo (.scm) files and not Mono (.acm) files.

Example

Mod folder - Moonraker_K'Tinga_2.0\Sounds

WF_SHCK0.acm - Mono enemy ship cloak sound as heard by player .

WF_SHDK0.acm - Mono enemy ship decloak sound as heard by player.

---

If you'd rather stick with the stock sounds, just remove the Stereo (.scm) sounds from the Klingon Academy\Sounds\Stereo folder so the game engine will revert back to using the stock sounds.
Last edited by DBF68 on Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

el_flesh
Warrior
Warrior

Postby el_flesh » Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:41 pm

heh - sorry again, I didn't mention it; I was thinking exactly to myself "surely I don't need to cut'n'paste and then TEST each one in-game???"
Looks like I should have posted that question originally! No doubt I would need some specialized program to listen to them on the desktop, because not even VLC media player can render them that I know of!

Also, I screwed something up installing both craft - KS crashes on launch. I will go over the directions again and see if I might have screwed up - could it be in placing/removing spaces after the # in changing the speeds 70%? Or does that make no difference? It's all I have to go on at the moment; otherwise I must have pasted some file where it doesn't belong...

DBF68
Commander
Commander

Postby DBF68 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:57 pm

el_flesh wrote:heh - sorry again, I didn't mention it exactly to myself "surely I don't need to cut'n'paste and then TEST each one in-game???"

Looks like I should have posted that question originally! No doubt I would need some specialized program to listen to them on the desktop, because not even VLC media player can render them that I know of!

Also, I screwed something up installing both craft - KS crashes on launch. I will go over the directions again and see if I might have screwed up - could it be in placing/removing spaces after the # in changing the speeds 70%? Or does that make no difference? It's all I have to go on at the moment; otherwise I must have pasted some file where it doesn't belong...

Yeah, it's not the most efficient way to test sounds to see if you'd like to use them in the game. There is a program called the Game Audio Player (GAP) that I have that can play both .acm and .scm files so that you can listen to the files outside of the game. I didn't make it available because I've only used it sparingly. Although, after posting those instructions I thought I'd see if making this GAP program available might be a better way to go.

So, I opened up the GAP to see if it be a more efficient way to test the sounds. Also, I wanted to find out if it would reproduce the quality you hear in the game. After finally learning how to engage the AF - ANX ACM Audio File Decoder plug-in to play both mono .acm and stereo .scm files, I was able to play both types of files without a problem. There is somewhat of a degree of quality degredation with the sound not being piped through the KA engine. Still, the sound quality is reasonably good enough to allow you to evaluate both mono and stereo sounds.

Since I've been up all night, I'm not in the mood to knock out instructions on how to use the GAP. Even so, I'll knock out some instructions later and make it available to you for download. There's only one plug-in you need, but you have to engage mono, close down the program, run the program again, search for your file, load it, and then play it. The same procedure is what you have to go through to play a stereo file. Another drawback is that the toolbar icons aren't terribly intuitive, but once you know what to click on to get what you want, it's not that big of a deal.

-----

About the space after the # in the SHP file, no, it doesn't matter because the # is treated like an old school REM statement symbol. Although, what does matter is if you removed the # by way of highlighting it and then hitting the space bar instead of using the delete or backspace key. Highlighting the # and then using the space bar creates a space between the line statement's first word and Notepad's left margin, and that's a game killer. Using the delete or the backspace key to get rid of the # and make the line statement's first word flush with Notepad's left margin will allow the game engine to read the SHP file data correctly. I experienced the exact same problem once and the game would crash for me too. I thought the game would just ignore the space and go to the first word, but having a space in front of it killed the game.

Name:IKV Amar
Class:K'T'inga CA
Race:Klingon
#
########################## MOVEMENT STATISTICS ###############################
#
# Acceleration and Velocity are currently in meters per frame
# AngularAcceleration and AngularVelocity are currently in radians per frame
#
maxVelocity: 1410
maxAcceleration: 125.000 125.000 125.000
#
# >>> Stock maxAV & maxAA <<<
maxAngularVelocity: 0.393 0.393 0.393
maxAngularAcceleration: 0.279 0.279 0.279
#
# maxAV @ 70% Stock [color=#ff8c00](Space after # doesn't matter)
#maxAngularVelocity: 0.275 0.275 0.275 (Ok)
(space)maxAngularVelocity: 0.275 0.275 0.275 (Game Killer)
#
# maxAA @ 70% Stock (Space after # doesn't matter)
#maxAngularAcceleration: 0.195 0.195 0.195 (Ok)
(space)maxAngularAcceleration: 0.195 0.195 0.195 (Game Killer)

If you don't already, use the original mod folders for reference and for backup purposes. Anytime I fouled up something beyond my ability to see the problem, I just grabbed a working file from one of the mod folders and used it to replace the file that was furbared. Hopefully, this info helps.
Last edited by DBF68 on Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

el_flesh
Warrior
Warrior

Postby el_flesh » Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:15 pm

Maybe instead of each person listening to the sound files, you could tell us which TWO files of each category
a) sound most like TOS
b) sound most like TMPs

I for one would trust your judgement!! haha!

One thing I would love to have for D-7M heavy disruptors is the TOS whine.
Maybe ST3 BoP disruptor sound for the regular disruptors.
Seems that my regular files are fine...odd. Might be that the ship list file has been modified - gotta go find my old one again...hope its backed up somewhere...or re-download it from brianmoler.com, and remodify to suit ME! I'll have to post it sometime - for all you FASA fans...

As for the required file changes - maybe if you copy'n'paste what you have, we could do the same - no need to hunt and find; we would just put in the appropriate mod for 70% - because it sounds pretty cool. Though a check shows me it doesn't seem to be this...

And if we wind up liking that, can it be implemented for every ship in-game? I guess we must find the relevant entry for each ship and simply rewrite each number, x * .7

As for the game crashing - could it have been my simply selecting all your files from your new Enterprise, copying them, and moving them into my KA folder? I didn't think that would present a problem, but then, I do remember a time when TOS was the only Sar Trek there was...

The error is said to be aclayers.dll - and that is under XP

Also, some question I had asked years ago might be solvable now: is there some way to implement a ship choice for each SP mission??? Wouldn't it be cool to select any ship you like for each mission? Could go thru the game flying a Tholian! heh...
"We dessstroyed INVADERS...as I shall destroy YOU."

DBF68
Commander
Commander

Postby DBF68 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:52 pm

el_flesh wrote:Maybe instead of each person listening to the sound files, you could tell us which TWO files of each category

a) sound most like TOS
b) sound most like TMPs

I for one would trust your judgement!! haha!

Check out the update I made to the first post today. I knocked out instructions on how to use Game Audio Player 1.32 and bundled them into each mod ship folder and re-uploaded them. Also, I've provided a download link to Game Audio Player so you can download just that program. Let me know if that tutorial and program helps clarify things or if something is still a little hazy.

When looking at the tutorial, look at the last page to make sure you're copy and pasting all the mod sound effect files you need to the proper folders to make things work as they should.

As for TOS and TMP sounds, the only sounds in either mod are TMP, Starfleet Command II, and Crysis. The PES 1701 2.1 is using all TMP oriented sounds. The Moonraker K'T'inga is using a combination of TMP and SFC2 sounds. Crysis sounds are modified VTOL afterburner sounds for some of the impulse turn sounds. With the Game Audio Player, you should have a much easier time deciding what sound effects you'd like to try, use, or pass on altogether.

el_flesh wrote:One thing I would love to have for D-7M heavy disruptors is the TOS whine.

I used that exact sound in a D-7 TOS mod I fixed for Bridge Commander.

D7TOSDCannon1.wav

D-7 TOS1

D-7 TOS2

D-7 TOS3

It's a blast to use and fun to have some retro TOS in the mix.

el_flesh wrote:Maybe ST3 BoP disruptor sound for the regular disruptors.

Yeah, I've thought about seeing whether or not I could lift them from the movie and get as much music out of the sound capture to make a good quality KBOP disruptor sound. The only drawback about using it is that it becomes the default sound effect for all Klingon and Roumulan ships in KA. Still, it'd be interesting to have that sound along with the graphical mod equivalent similar to the KBOP disruptor fire in ST3 in KA. It's one of those back burner things I still keep in mind.

el_flesh wrote:Seems that my regular files are fine...odd. Might be that the ship list file has been modified - gotta go find my old one again...hope its backed up somewhere...or re-download it from brianmoler.com, and remodify to suit ME! I'll have to post it sometime - for all you FASA fans.

Hopefully you've got a back up. The QBSHIPS file I included with both mods only had all the stock and KA related ships in it. So, I hope you didn't use it and overwrite the one you were using and don't have a back up copy.

Recently, I bought a couple of Syba brand PATA to SATA drive converters to connect two PATA drives to my SATA ports. Then, I configured them in a RAID-1 mirror. Both drives contain all my OS account back up info, programs, KA stuff, drivers, etc.. Before, I had a single point of failure by having only one PATA drive as the backup drive.

el_flesh wrote:As for the required file changes - maybe if you copy'n'paste what you have, we could do the same - no need to hunt and find.

Do you mean SHP file parameters to get the 70% of stock AV and AA? If that's what you mean, that info is in both mod SHP files. To get 70% AV and AA to work, it's just a matter of putting a # in front of the stock AV and AA values and deleting the # in front of the 70% AV and AA values and then saving the SHP file.

Let me know if I've misunderstood what you mean.

el_flesh wrote:And if we wind up liking that, can it be implemented for every ship in-game? I guess we must find the relevant entry for each ship and simply rewrite each number, x * .7

There's a file I included in each mod called "Ship AV & AA.htm" that shows the relative difference in AV and AA between the Constitution and K'T'inga ships with other ship classes for their "race". My concern about lowering some of the bigger ship's AV and AA is that is would probably result in them moving at a snails pace. Watching paint dry and grass grow would probably happen faster than a Yamato trying to make a turn at only 70% of its AV and AA. I haven't tried it, but I'm not expecting it to be worthwhile for the bigger ships.

All you'd need to implment it is each race's ship SHP file. Then, you'd have to put in line modifications like I've put in the PES 1701 2.1 and Moonraker K'T'inga 2.0 SHP files that have AV and AA values reduced to 70% of stock values. Then, you'd have to put the modified files in corresponding ship foder names per ship race in the KA Ship folder for any AV and AA changes to take affect.

el_flesh wrote:As for the game crashing - could it have been my simply selecting all your files from your new Enterprise, copying them, and moving them into my KA folder? I didn't think that would present a problem, but then, I do remember a time when TOS was the only Sar Trek there was...

I've had that same error once and I don't exactly remember what caused it. I think I had to do search on Google to find out why I was having the problem. The only things I can suggest at the moment are making sure you've got the game in Win95 compatibility mode under XP, have the game updated to 1.02 via the patch, and be sure you've got KOMAT's patch stuff installed correctly.

Did the game work prior to installing the PES 1701 2.1 and Moonraker K'T'inga 2.0?

Have you done a KA forum search for aclayers.dll to see if anyone else had the problem and if a fix was found?

If I remember what cause my similar problem or have a chance to do a Google search for possible solution, I'll let you know.

el_flesh wrote:Also, some question I had asked years ago might be solvable now: is there some way to implement a ship choice for each SP mission??? Wouldn't it be cool to select any ship you like for each mission? Could go thru the game flying a Tholian! heh...

I'm not sure. There might be a simple Notepad solution to editing a file or it might be more programmer complex. Brianmoler.com's site might have some info or files related to being able to pick and choose what ship you use during missions. Also, you might try a forum search too. I'd be surprised if there wasn't a way.
Last edited by DBF68 on Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

DBF68
Commander
Commander

Postby DBF68 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:37 am

el_flesh wrote:As for the game crashing - could it have been my simply selecting all your files from your new Enterprise, copying them, and moving them into my KA folder? I didn't think that would present a problem, but then, I do remember a time when TOS was the only Sar Trek there was...

The copy of aclayers.dll that Windows XP Home & Pro x32 uses resides in the C:\WINDOWS\AppPatch folder. Sometimes, those .dll files can become corrupted either by a virus or by a well intended Microsoft hotfix or service pack. The nice thing is that Windows keeps a compressed back up copy of .dll files in the C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache folder.

If you do a search for aclayers.dll in your C:\WINDOWS directory, the search will come up with come up with around 6 possible hits for that file in different locations. The blue colored file names mean those files are compressed. The error you might be getting might be saying something to the effect that aclayers.dll is an invalid image and then additional info.

If that's the kind of error you're getting, try copying and pasting a copy of aclayers.dll from the C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache folder into the C:\WINDOWS\AppPatch folder. Then, do what you were doing with KA to have the error occur to see if the error occurs again. If it doesn't occur again, like I'm thinking it won't, your problem will be solved.

Recently, I had the same "invalid file image" problem on an install of Windows XP Pro x64. If it were only one file that was invalid, I would have followed the same procedure I'm giving you. In my case, the problem was a little more severe. So, I had to re-run Service Pack 2 on this OS build to correct the invalid image problem that was affecting several .dll files. Afterwards, along with some Microsoft updates, I didn't have anymore invalid image problems.

There may have been a few program I had to futz with or reinstall for them to be re-added and configured in the system registery, but I don't think it was many. So, as a last resort if the aclayers.dll file replacement method doesn't work, you "might" consider running the most recent service pack for your OS, which I'm guessing would be Service Pack 3. Of course, back up any and all things of important to you first. You shouldn't have to do a back up, but you might want to give it consideration.

Still, I seriously doubt you'll have to go to this length to fix your aclayers.dll problem because I don't remember doing that kind of thing with my Win XP Pro x32 OS earlier this year. Also, I tend to shy away from re-installing service packs because the OS never seemed to be quite the same based on past experience. As a rule, I try the least harmful and potentially destructive fixes first before ever considering something that might jack up the OS.

Try the aclayers.dll replacement method and let me know if that fixed your problem before you do anything else. I'd rather you not re-install Service Pack 3 if you can help it. If that file replacement method doesn't solve the problem, maybe I can find another potential workaround fix.
Last edited by DBF68 on Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DBF68
Commander
Commander

Postby DBF68 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:17 pm

The error is said to be aclayers.dll - and that is under XP.

I stand corrected on whether or not the SHP files can cause an aclayers.dll crash. They can indeed cause an aclayers.dll related crash if a parameter isn't correctly referenced and/or formatted. While working on a potential fix to the alternating disruptor and phaser fire volley issue when close to a target, I got the dreaded aclayers.dll error. Afterwards, I went through a lot of unecessary troubleshooting, uninstalling, and reinstalling of the game. When all that effort failed to resolve the problem, I asked myself what I probably should have asked myself from the beginning:

"What was the last thing you did during your modding efforts that might have caused the problem?".

Apparently, the cause of the problem was a KCAT SHP file. I either did something to the KCAT SHP file that caused the aclayers.dll problem or ka.exe got a little confused. By confused, I mean ka.exe might not have liked multiple KCAT.SHP files referenced in the KCAT folder even though some of them were named differently:

KCAT.SHP
Copy of original KCAT.SHP
Copy of Working alternating phaser volley GUNS KCAT.SHP

Honestly, I never would have thought that a condition for the game to load up properly would be to have ka.exe scan through all the SHP files to make sure they adhered to a correct formatting and referencing criteria. That scenario is like your car not starting because your tires are underinflated, i.e. "WTF does that have to do with anything?". It's very odd, but I guess that's what ka.exe does as a kind of "all or nothing" pre-game environment check.

What fixed the issue was to create a SHP Copy folder in the KCAT folder and then cutting and pasting those last two SHP files into it. Afterwards, KA started up without a problem. So, here's a potential workaround for anyone that gets the aclayers.dll error.

strekship
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Release: Moonraker K'Tinga 2.0 & PES 1701 2.1

Postby strekship » Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:52 am

Sorry for bumping such an old post, but does anyone have a working download link for the TMP Constitution?

teeth_03
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Postby teeth_03 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:00 am

I'm pretty sure most if not all of KT's mods are in my big download

strekship
Colonel
Colonel

Postby strekship » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:34 am

The updated version? I have all of KTs original mods, I was just curious about trying this updated version.

DBF68
Commander
Commander

Postby DBF68 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:53 pm

strekship wrote:The updated version? I have all of KTs original mods, I was just curious about trying this updated version.

Oops! :eek: I did some ftp cleaning, but I missed updating that link as well as the links to the pics. Try the link above again since it works now. :)

Return to Modding (Ships, Sound, Systems & UI)