Update on Romulan V30 (pics inside)

Savage
Captain
Captain

Update on Romulan V30 (pics inside)

Postby Savage » Wed Sep 24, 2003 3:06 am

I do not have it ingame yet, but I've finishe the premliminary texturing. Here's some pics, hope you like.

My Web Page

"Let me tell you something about Hew-mons, Nog. They're a wonderful, friendly people -- as long as their bellies are full and their holosuites are working. But take away their creature comforts...deprive them of food, sleep, sonic showers... put their lives in jeopardy over an extended period of time... and those same friendly, intelligent, wonderful people will become as nasty and violent as the most bloodthirsty Klingon." -- Quark

Kt'Hyla
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Postby Kt'Hyla » Wed Sep 24, 2003 3:26 am

Nice pattern, just need to divvy the bmp's up a bit to increase the resoulution on the wings...

Are you going to bother with the variable geometry idea that FASA's writeup described for the wings? Without extensive re-aligning, it wouldn't work, since the original artist didn't draw the hinge/fins with their axis lined up properly. Looks better fixed in that position anyhow. :D

I take it you're going to put a set of disruptors in the 'claws'?

:D:D:D

KA.com Modding FAQ.......KA.com Modding Tutorials

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

Savage
Captain
Captain

Postby Savage » Wed Sep 24, 2003 3:57 am

Originally posted by Kt'Hyla
Nice pattern, just need to divvy the bmp's up a bit to increase the resoulution on the wings...

Are you going to bother with the variable geometry idea that FASA's writeup described for the wings? Without extensive re-aligning, it wouldn't work, since the original artist didn't draw the hinge/fins with their axis lined up properly. Looks better fixed in that position anyhow. :D

I take it you're going to put a set of disruptors in the 'claws'?

:D:D:D

The wing tex need to be cleaned up. The tex size is 256X256 but the view option was set at 125 in LW. That's why they look alittle blurry. Why? offered to animate the wings when it's done. I have it loading as seperate objects to accomidate him. The weapons will be dual firing disruptors and 2 forward torps. FASA says plasma weapons, but I prefer torps.
My Web Page

"Let me tell you something about Hew-mons, Nog. They're a wonderful, friendly people -- as long as their bellies are full and their holosuites are working. But take away their creature comforts...deprive them of food, sleep, sonic showers... put their lives in jeopardy over an extended period of time... and those same friendly, intelligent, wonderful people will become as nasty and violent as the most bloodthirsty Klingon." -- Quark

Moogle
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Postby Moogle » Wed Sep 24, 2003 6:24 am

Good work m8
You know its kinda a Joke,I am a out of work Social Worker, like wtf.

How many people do I have to sleep with to get some service here?

B!tch please you and I both know that is not your real hair color.

http://www.startrekgaming.com/mog/KAdownloaddatabase/

Darth Maverick
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Postby Darth Maverick » Wed Sep 24, 2003 7:23 am

good work m8,very good work
Benvzijl.nl
E-mail: BenvZijl@xs4all.nl
MSN:Admin@BenvZijl.nl

Senior Citizen
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Postby Senior Citizen » Wed Sep 24, 2003 11:02 am

If I liked? Sure! Of course! Yes! Positive!

Just a sugestion- perhaps the feathers pattern on the wings could be a bit more colorful, using slightly faded reddish and yellowish hues.

S_C

'Cause I'm free to do what I want any old time (I'm a newcreation)
'Cause I'm free to do what I want any old time
(Don't be afraid of your freedom)
'Cause I'm free to do what I want
To be what I want any old time
I said I'm free to be who I choose
To get my booze any old time

I'm Free

Soup Dragons after The Rolling Stones

Whammo11224
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Whammo11224 » Wed Sep 24, 2003 5:32 pm

The Winged Defender. Very nice indeed!

Thanks
Mod Reviewer KA/NGA

sd100ac
Colonel
Colonel

Postby sd100ac » Wed Sep 24, 2003 6:56 pm

Looks cool! I gatta agree whit S_C though, why not do the red to yellow, especially since your working with Why? I't sorta match his ships, and look even better.

sd100ac
Email - sd100ac@hotmail.com
MSN - [email]sd100ac@hotmail[/email]
AIM - sd100ac
USS Defiant
USS Majestic
Peregrine Fighter
Naboo Fighter

Why?
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Why? » Wed Sep 24, 2003 7:36 pm

Here is someone's version of what it could look like...

That's one of the things about the FASA ships...the colour palette is wide open to interpretation and imagination.

Regards, Why?
Why Not!!

_ _ _ _ ________________________ _ _ _ _

Klingon Academy Mods by Why?

teeth_03
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Postby teeth_03 » Wed Sep 24, 2003 9:18 pm

No one would be able to stop a pair of those in formation with Why?'s upcoming Nova!Good work

Savage
Captain
Captain

Postby Savage » Thu Sep 25, 2003 2:48 am

Originally posted by Why?
Here is someone's version of what it could look like...

That's one of the things about the FASA ships...the colour palette is wide open to interpretation and imagination.

Regards, Why?

Well, remember I said this was just the beginning of the texturing. I do like that color scheme. So here it is ingame.

The golden highlights around the hull edge are from the sun, not the texture coloring.
My Web Page

sd100ac
Colonel
Colonel

Postby sd100ac » Thu Sep 25, 2003 3:08 am

hey, that looks much better, and really cool, with those gold parts all over. and the wing coloring does look very good ingame.

sd100ac
Email - sd100ac@hotmail.com
MSN - [email]sd100ac@hotmail[/email]
AIM - sd100ac
USS Defiant
USS Majestic
Peregrine Fighter
Naboo Fighter

Hidden Agenda
General
General

Postby Hidden Agenda » Thu Sep 25, 2003 5:13 pm

Are the torpedo weapons going to be CDFIC to make it nice and easy to fit in with KA balancing?
-----------------------------
You know the difference between
me & you? I make this look good!

Why?
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Why? » Thu Sep 25, 2003 9:13 pm

Savage,

You can see from the lead model for the role playing game the inconsistencies in the KA model. Fixing it would be very simple.

Regards, Why?
Why Not!!

Savage
Captain
Captain

Postby Savage » Fri Sep 26, 2003 3:57 am

Originally posted by Why?
Savage,

You can see from the lead model for the role playing game the inconsistencies in the KA model. Fixing it would be very simple.

Regards, Why?

To get it that detailed would be a nightmare for the game engine. I have the lead model in front of me right now and I'm not up to that level of detail. I've been involved with ships that reproduce model detail, (Vorcha, Negh'var) and though they look good, they really drag the game to a crawl. I want to make it close to the lead model, but not so accurate you can't play it. Besides, right now I'm dealing with a "no show" of textures on 2 surfaces. They show up in LW but not in KA. The size thing is not the issue. They just do not show up. If you'd like I could send you what I have and you could look at it.
My Web Page

Kt'Hyla
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Postby Kt'Hyla » Fri Sep 26, 2003 5:12 am

Check to make sure that the textures are 24-bit, and that their names are no more than 8 characters long. It shouldn't be a matter of exceeding the 256 pixel limit, since that crashes the game.

Your best bet to get the detail on her is to put those upraised sections onto the textures rather than building them into the mesh. That's one of the annoying things about modding, what details to give up to the textures, and what can you get away with on the mesh...

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

Savage
Captain
Captain

Postby Savage » Fri Sep 26, 2003 5:33 am

Originally posted by Kt'Hyla
Check to make sure that the textures are 24-bit, and that their names are no more than 8 characters long. It shouldn't be a matter of exceeding the 256 pixel limit, since that crashes the game.

Your best bet to get the detail on her is to put those upraised sections onto the textures rather than building them into the mesh. That's one of the annoying things about modding, what details to give up to the textures, and what can you get away with on the mesh...

I found the prob with the texture. It was index color instead of RGB.

As you can see from the picture, I am far from satisfied with the level of texture details. I'll keep tinkering with it until it is close to accurate.

My Web Page

Savage
Captain
Captain

Postby Savage » Fri Sep 26, 2003 8:07 pm

Originally posted by Hidden Agenda
Are the torpedo weapons going to be CDFIC to make it nice and easy to fit in with KA balancing?

Sorry I took so long to respond. Since this is a TMP era ship, I will use game standards for all settings. It will be balanced with a Rommie ship of it's general size an weapons load. The FASA Romulan Ship Recognition Manual states the Type 2 has 2 Fwd/Aft disruptors an 2 Fwd 1 Aft torps. That's the standard I'm going to run with. Though I'm thinking 2 Fwd dual firing disruptors and 2 Fwd/Aft torps. Like the BOP this seems to be more of a forward firing threat.
My Web Page

Why?
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Why? » Fri Sep 26, 2003 9:30 pm

FASA ship balance generally doesn't fit well with KA Balance.

Your probably better off to declare what Class of ship this is and balance the specs and weapons (damage per second) based upon that class . This ship, in my opinion, could range from being a CA to a BCH. I wouldn't make it anything higher or lower. This is all just an opinion.

Most importantly, have fun!!!

Regards, Why?
Why Not!!

Kt'Hyla
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Postby Kt'Hyla » Fri Sep 26, 2003 9:58 pm

I'm concuring with Why?, I've put together a couple of ships using FASA specs and found them to be very underpowered...

Next

Return to Modding (Ships, Sound, Systems & UI)