KA DVD issue

Darth Raven
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

KA DVD issue

Postby Darth Raven » Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:44 pm

Hi, I created the DVD as per the instructions, but when I try to install the setup program always locks up. It does this just after installing all the main files, when "Registering Fonts" appears. I googled it and it looks like it may be the setup program itself.

Anyone have any suggestions?

I got a new pc (with Windows 10), and after trying to install KA from my DVD last night, I just got the same issue the person above reported. Going through the topic I couldn't find a valid solution. I know the DVD works, as I have previously installed KA from it twice before... but that was on my OLD computer. I even re-burned the KA DVD kit to a new DVD, still doesn't work.

Any one else had this issue, and found a way to make it work? I even tried installing with the installer having administrator and on c:\ (away from the program files permissions crap).

Thanks guys.

Pic:

EDIT: Nevermind... DBF68 instructed me to install it in Safe Mode, and that worked lol.
( [email="raven808" [@] gmail [.] com] | My Klingon Academy Mods )

LeDaniel
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: KA DVD issue

Postby LeDaniel » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:27 pm

Next time try to copy KA file on USB flashdisk, its faster and easier than burn it on DVD. DonĀ“t forget rename USB KA_1 ;)

Darth Raven
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Re: KA DVD issue

Postby Darth Raven » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:41 pm

haha never thought of doing it that way before. Very nice lol
( [email="raven808" [@] gmail [.] com] | My Klingon Academy Mods )

Return to Technical Support