Klingon Academy DVD Help

Gareth
Major
Major

Postby Gareth » Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:28 pm

how do you format a DVD? there isn't an option to do that :?
Borg Queen: "we bring chaos... into order"

Seven: "comforting words, use them next time instead of 'resistance is futile', you may enlicit a few volunteers"

Darth Raven
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Postby Darth Raven » Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:51 am

When you first put the DVD into the drive, It should say something like "This disk must be formatted before use." and it'll give you an option to format it. If not, open a folder and on the top location bar, click it and select "My Computer", then right click on your DVD drive, then hit format. If it gives you an option between Data and Video, select Data. Then burn your disk.

Just by right clicking on the disk drive it should show an option to format the DVD. If you have two drives on your pc (DVD/CD reader and a DVD burner, make sure your putting the DVD into the DVD burner drive. It's actually a very easy to make mistake.

If you still can't get it to format the disk, read your support documentation that came with the computer, if it's not included, look up the model of the drive on google.com (make a search like "Model-Name-Here"+"Format"). It should show a list of pages with info on how to format the disk in for your drive.
( [email="raven808" [@] gmail [.] com] | My Klingon Academy Mods )

Gareth
Major
Major

Postby Gareth » Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:47 pm

what DVD burning software did you use Darth Raven?

and btw, it ISN'T POSSIBLE to format an DVD-R [if it was a DVD-RW disk, then maybe yes, but it isn't one]
Borg Queen: "we bring chaos... into order"

Seven: "comforting words, use them next time instead of 'resistance is futile', you may enlicit a few volunteers"

Darth Raven
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Postby Darth Raven » Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:34 am

huh. I formatted my DVD-R. Maybe it's a regional issue or something. I use my drive's DLA burner. Just drag and drop the files onto the DVD.. very easy.
( [email="raven808" [@] gmail [.] com] | My Klingon Academy Mods )

Krenn sutai-Rustazh
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Postby Krenn sutai-Rustazh » Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:12 am

ok, so i got the files extracted to the appropriate folder. now, there was wsupposed to be a sub-folder for the movies, or just leave things as it is?

edit: oh, will i still need winrar? wouldn't mind uninstalling it
Qapla'

Krenn
captain IKS Kahlesste' kaase

federation ship prepare to be boarded or destroyed

Krenn sutai-Rustazh
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Postby Krenn sutai-Rustazh » Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:49 am

finally got KA burned but i get an error. DATA.DAT not found tho it's in both the disc folder and C:/KA_1 the disc can burn both data and media and i used AVS disc creator. any ideas? wanna get this done. thx
Qapla'

Krenn
captain IKS Kahlesste' kaase

federation ship prepare to be boarded or destroyed

Darth Maverick
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Postby Darth Maverick » Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:05 pm

hmmm weird one gonna see if i can find a solution for ya
Benvzijl.nl
E-mail: BenvZijl@xs4all.nl
MSN:Admin@BenvZijl.nl

Play
Warrior
Warrior

Postby Play » Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:52 pm

any idea when the german version will be ready ?

Play
Warrior
Warrior

Postby Play » Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:06 pm

ok I tried to build my own german KA DVD. But there is kinda checksum CRC error in the installer when it copies the data.dat. Can it be removed ? For the german version has a little different filesize than US. I extracted my original data.dat and the patch.dat (1.02) then copied all patched files to the main directory of the extracted data.dat , rewrote the disc.txt and applied some personal changes in the sfa.cfg and keyfunc.dat files. after that I put in the pack.exe and dos4gw.exe and recreated the data.dat file. then changed the bitmaps files to the german version and used the ger movies files from my original cds.Then I only changed the readme.txt in german and addes the gamespyarcade installer and the katheme.wav to main dir. I put all on the DVD and burned an ISO files which I mounted with DTools. I get all right excect that I get the error when axtracting the data.dat file with the installer :/ Please can u tell me how to change the installer so it would read my new filesize of the data.dat?!

I also tried using the data.dat in the downloaded zip file with my german movies which works fine. But I wanna get all in ger if possible.

hamaxp
Warrior Recruit
Warrior Recruit

Postby hamaxp » Sat Sep 16, 2006 5:16 pm

i have lost my KA cds 3 and 4. Were can i buy a new one? or download

bacohen8
Warrior Recruit
Warrior Recruit

Where is the ISO?

Postby bacohen8 » Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:34 am

Hi, I havent played the game in a while and was loading it on my new PC. I see in your description that there is a ISO already, if so why not just post it. Is it a copyright issue? It really is not a issue to download that size data for me. :confused:

Londo Mollari
Elite Commando
Elite Commando

Dvd problem

Postby Londo Mollari » Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:11 am

Everthing installs fine and When I load a saved game the movies play OK, however when I go to quick battle the game crashes when I destroy the opposing ship. I get an error in KA.exe. Also if you put all the movies in the game directory how do you get the game to read them from there?

Thanks

Tinchazo
Warrior Recruit
Warrior Recruit

Problems with the kit.

Postby Tinchazo » Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:03 am

Hello, guys....I´m Tincho, from Argentina. It´s has been too long since the last time that I had access to the forum.

I´m unable to download the necessary kit to make my own DVD disk. The problems remains that I can´t pay a "special" account that allows me to download that 344 MB file. I wish to ask you If there is some kind of E-link or Torrent file to download.

Bye!!

Tincho.

Shiro ClanClan
Warrior Recruit
Warrior Recruit

Postby Shiro ClanClan » Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:03 am

The Fileplanet account is free. I have never paid for an account and can download the pack just fine. Did you scroll down the page for the free server links?
What!? You dare defy the CtarlCtarl Empire!?

-Aisha ClanClan

milosd
Warrior Recruit
Warrior Recruit

Postby milosd » Fri May 02, 2008 10:04 pm

Hi there... the link for downloading the kit is not working and the file cannot be found on fileplanet... is there any other download location? :) tnx in advance guys ;)

Trey3
Captain
Captain

Postby Trey3 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:17 am

the ka dvd download aint working please tell me where i can get it thanks
Capt Kirk and orginal USS Enterprise and crew #1 too me, Deep Space 9 is #2 for me.

ADM_Evans
Warrior Recruit
Warrior Recruit

Postby ADM_Evans » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:46 pm

I know this thread is ancient but, Im mainly posting this in case anybody is searching for the DVD and in case it helps.

Klingon Academy DVD found on torrent website.

http://www.sumotorrent.com/details_16519.html

Capt. Hughes
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Capt. Hughes » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:01 am

having the game show up on a Torrent site is Not what anyone was trying to do. Several of the people who started this site and designed in'game Mods where also involved with KA as it was developed.
Be excellent to each other
and
Party on dudes! :D

RedHotChiliDog
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Postby RedHotChiliDog » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:14 pm

Londo Mollari wrote:Also if you put all the movies in the game directory how do you get the game to read them from there?

Thanks

Londo,

I got this to work by copying all of the in-game movies to the 'Movies' directory in KA.

Once this is done, you can simply modify the options.cfg file in the main KA directory. Change the value of 'moviepath' to be the location of your KA movies directory which will probably be C:\Program Files\14 Degrees East\Klingon Academy\ if you installed the game to the default location on the C drive.
RedHotChiliDog

Klingons and Potato Chips are better with ridges.

brianmoler.com - Mission scripting and other strangeness

Previous

Return to Technical Support