Not detecting joystick?

el_flesh
Warrior
Warrior

Not detecting joystick?

Postby el_flesh » Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:17 am

Dam thing normally detected my Logitech 3D extreme pro
Now it decides it isn't detecting it despite it working perfectly fine in Control Panel!

Any ideas??

edit: Next day, tried reinstalling 1.02 DVD; it's hanging on SUF60Runtime (32 bit) "registering fonts".
Does anyone have a fix for that??

teeth_03
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Re: Not detecting joystick?

Postby teeth_03 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:11 pm

In the control panel did you make sure the joystick is set at the default controller?

el_flesh
Warrior
Warrior

Postby el_flesh » Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:13 pm

Yes indeed! I think it's an install issue now; I'll bet a reinstall will fix it; not sure if the game was installed on this O/S reinstall (after a crash)
Just having problems with that stuck install - anyone else get that; how did you solve it??

teeth_03
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Postby teeth_03 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:38 pm

I have a post detailing the stuck setup.exe listed below this one.

el_flesh
Warrior
Warrior

Postby el_flesh » Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:56 am

Was indeed nvcontainer.exe (optional part of the NVIDIA driver) that was stalling font registering!
Much like the old days, I expect I have to REINSTALL the Winged Defender, Orion Wanderer, etc etc etc...

Goddam this game needs Galactic War. Played STO the other day and quickly quit in disgust.

DAM - seems that despite install I have the same problem of game not detecting my Logitech Extreme 3D Pro (which it never had problems with before) - which works fine in other games...
But it IS detecting my seX-box controller?!?
Can't play KA with that!!

el_flesh
Warrior
Warrior

Postby el_flesh » Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:58 pm

Still have this problem, despite fresh install! Updated nVidia drivers too!

el_flesh
Warrior
Warrior

Postby el_flesh » Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:31 pm

I tried changing the CONFIG file as mentioned in https://steamcommunity.com/app/364810/d ... 537603675/
to
joystick = 0 0 0 0 65535 65535 65535 32767 32767 32767

But that didn't work either. The dam game sees my seXbox controller, my 1984 Colecovision adapted controller (best other option) but NOT the Logitech! DAMMIT!!!

update: uninstalled, reinstalled with no mission scripter nor data filee xtraction. STILL NO LOGITECH DETECTED!!! Doesn't matter if I use logitech software launcher or not, either.

el_flesh
Warrior
Warrior

Postby el_flesh » Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:48 pm

VERY interestingly, when I installed Starfleet Academy; it did not detect the joystick either - yet I playtested XWing Alliance (yes, REAL Star Wars) immediately after, and it worked in-game perfectly fine.
Unfortunately, the config files for XWA look nothing like Academy configs for joystick!!!

btw, STEAM was not running...

edit: joystick working perfectly fine for KA on the laptop; options.cfg exactly the same. Don't want to play it on a miniscreen that probably couldn't handle multiple ship missions, let alone the last one!

el_flesh
Warrior
Warrior

Re: Not detecting joystick SOLVED

Postby el_flesh » Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:33 pm

Posted by Nosferatu on STEAM (for an entirely different game):
Click Start, click Run, type joy.cpl in the Open box, and then click OK. In the Game Controllers window, click [your controller] and then click advanced, select "default for older games"...

It WORKED for Starfleet Academy.
Then I reinstalled Klingon Academy - IT WORKS!

Now I have to reinstall all the FASA and other hi-res ships. That'll learn me to make a folder with everything next time.

LeDaniel
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Not detecting joystick SOLVED

Postby LeDaniel » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:44 pm

el_flesh wrote:Posted by Nosferatu on STEAM (for an entirely different game):
Click Start, click Run, type joy.cpl in the Open box, and then click OK. In the Game Controllers window, click [your controller] and then click advanced, select "default for older games"...

It WORKED for Starfleet Academy.
Then I reinstalled Klingon Academy - IT WORKS!

Now I have to reinstall all the FASA and other hi-res ships. That'll learn me to make a folder with everything next time.

How is playing KA on Joyistick ? I think, if you fly with big ship, keys are better adn you still must order command on VOS (numlock) :shock:

el_flesh
Warrior
Warrior

Postby el_flesh » Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:17 am

More intuitive; I think. We don't have distances and sizes accurately represented in sims yet to use authentic button controls like Sulu did!
I played Starfleet Academy with joystick also. The one I have has got several buttons to do alot of the keyboard commands...
I simply could never play it on a gamepad. No way.

But I do remember commanding the Enterprise with...

Return to Technical Support