KA WIN 10 Compatibility ?

SMOKEALL1
Warrior Recruit
Warrior Recruit

Re: KA WIN 10 Compatibility ?

Postby SMOKEALL1 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:27 am

downloaded dvd kit file as well installed version 1.02 and it says couldent find/load text fonts also during the install it says couldent find dat file. helppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp

SMOKEALL1
Warrior Recruit
Warrior Recruit

Postby SMOKEALL1 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:28 am

been wanting to play this game and always play it. this is bullshit.

SMOKEALL1
Warrior Recruit
Warrior Recruit

Postby SMOKEALL1 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:43 am

I think I installed it right but now it says please login with administrator privileges and try again and I tried to login with that and the klingon academy files disappear when I re login with that I need some motherfucking real help I'm getting real pissed off help me on teamviewer.

SMOKEALL1
Warrior Recruit
Warrior Recruit

Postby SMOKEALL1 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:19 am

all this shits too confusing I duno what I'm doing I need reeeel help on teamviewer so I know what the fuck exactly to do

SMOKEALL1
Warrior Recruit
Warrior Recruit

Postby SMOKEALL1 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:05 pm

data.dat file what do I open it with? it seems unaccessable on either the game or the patch. still getting font text error

teeth_03
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Postby teeth_03 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:41 am

Seriously dude, you need to stop spamming the forum. Do me a favor and delete some of your duplicate topics and next week I will hop on TeamViewer and help you out. I'm visiting the in-laws over the weekend.

Anytime you need to post more information, try using the Edit button on a single post instead of making a dozen of them. Your cluttering the forums, which is coming off as rude, and there aren't any mods around to clean it up.

Thanks and I will hook up with you in a few days.

DBF68
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby DBF68 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:23 am

I took my earlier post and re-organized and expanded upon it to create a PDFed MS Word document (doc). A number of things that you've said are giving you problems I addressed in my original post to hopefully help you avoid them. So, if that post was too convoluted, maybe this pdf file will be better. It's not in a step-by-step format as in 1, 2, 3, 4, etc, but I think it should still be helpful. It would be best to download and read it with Adobe Reader or Foxit Reader rather than read it on Dropbox.

Right click and choose to open in new tab because that function isn't automatically set on this website.

Klingon Academy Install Instructions for Windows 7-10

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s6rqrc0mo8bmz ... s.pdf?dl=0
Last edited by DBF68 on Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Warning, we have entered Neutral Zone, Warning.....

SMOKEALL1
Warrior Recruit
Warrior Recruit

Postby SMOKEALL1 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:33 am

ok thanks just let me know when your available on teamviewer let me know a day and time in est when u know Thanks guys

DBF68
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby DBF68 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:33 pm

SMOKEALL1 wrote:ok thanks just let me know when your available on teamviewer let me know a day and time in est when u know Thanks guys

Well, look and read through that pdf file first, follow each section's directions, and see if it helps you with what you need to do. The primary purpose of creating that documentation was to try and help you get KA to run without anyone's help. I'm not trying to be mean or ignore you, but you've got a lot more consolidated info in that pdf file than I think has ever been created to help someone get KA installed and running. Granted, I like instructions of the step 1, 2, 3, 4 variety; and maybe that's the format I should have used per instruction sections; but you can still do what you need to do with the instructions provided if you follow each each section, i.e. (i.e. is short for "that is")...

Introduction....................................................................................................................1
Free DVD Creation Programs.......................................................................................1
Free File Decompression Programs..............................................................................1
Hard Drive Space Needed.............................................................................................2
Windows Safe Mode......................................................................................................2
Installing KA in Windows Safe Mode.............................................................................3
KALaunch.exe - Compatibility Mode & Run as Administrator........................................3
KA.exe - Run as Administrator & Compatibility Mode....................................................4
Komat’s Resolution & Game Enhancement Patches.....................................................4
Enabling Komat’s KA Visual Improvements...................................................................4
Other Options for Better Visuals and Frame Rate..........................................................6
Trekcore Klingon Academy DVD Build Instructions – Rewriteable DVDs Preferrable....7

The only thing I can't help you with is creating the DVD because I've never made one for KA. So, I'd have to read and follow the Trekcore instuctions. The one thing I can recommend; and probably should have mentioned in the pdf file; is that I have used ImgBurn in the past and maybe Burnaware that are both mentioned in that 2008 Makeuseof.com article.

The last time I "think" I used ImgBurn was back 2010 when Windows 7 RC (Release Candidate) was downloadable from Microsoft to try. Since I seldom use my DVD burner, I thought this was a good time to try it and make a label on the DVD with the included LightScribe capability and software. I think I bought a 5-pk of LightScrible capable Memorex DVD-RWs from Fry's Electronics that was at or under $10. Even though the DVD read speed of my drive is fast, I think the burn speed was rather slow, but normal, and then having the DVD drive's LightScribe software create a label on the DVD was also slow.

The one thing I vaguely remember that I liked about ImgBurn is that is was pretty user friendly. There were these little pop-up messages to ask if you wanted to do something if the software detected you were trying do something, but you hadn't enabled an option or a feature to do it right. Also, I think it allowed for the creation of a test run version of what you wanted to create in terms of a bootable DVD. For example, the KA DVD Kit instructions are for making a DVD that you can just pop in your DVD drive and it will be detected like any other DVD with a software installation program. So, if I'm remembering correctly, ImgBurn should allow you to create a test run version of the KA DVD to make sure everything works ahead of time. Of course, if you choose ImgBurn or another program, you're still going to have to spend some time reading the directions and some trial and error time making the KA DVD.

So, again, walk through that KA install pdf that I spent all day yesterday creating and editing to see if it will help you with most everything you want to do. Then, if you run into a snag, post that you need help, once ;), and either Teeth_03 or I will get back to you when we can. Personally, I don't have a problem if you post you're having a problem with something, post later you solved the problem, and then follow up later with getting stuck with another problem. That's just how the troubleshooting learning curve works. Just remember, we're not tethered to our computers and we have other life priorities. So, we might not reply immediately. :)

el_flesh
Warrior
Warrior

Postby el_flesh » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:51 am

WORKED!

Thanx DBF68....

DBF68
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby DBF68 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:31 am

el_flesh wrote:WORKED!

Thanx DBF68....

Cool. What was causing the problem?

Previous

Return to Technical Support