bug that im having

Racellius
Warrior Recruit
Warrior Recruit

bug that im having

Postby Racellius » Sun Sep 05, 2004 8:31 pm

i attempted to look throught the bugs and i did not see anyone post anything, the game will not let me finish the first level, when i attempt to contact the 3rd communication post, i scan and it and i hail it, it says go back to Romii system, but when i attempt to leave it says you cannot leave without completing all objectives, and i destroyed the renegade ship and disabled genesis, what is going on? and how do i fix it?
After we dissect your precious starship for evey bit of information, I intend to display it's broken hull in the center of the Romulan capital as a symbol of our victory.

Kt'Hyla
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Postby Kt'Hyla » Mon Sep 06, 2004 4:57 pm

Sounds like there's something that might have been missed earlier on in the mission. The objectives in each segment are:

Dutton: Eliminate the Oberth, contact hail point.
ghoy'HI: Eliminate the 4 shuttles, contact hail point.
Britannia: Scan the Preax from close range to detect the Genesis device, target and destroy the Preax's warp to disable Genesis, then eliminate the Preax, contact hail point.

Hail points have to be hailed within 5000k within the time limit specified. Bear in mind that there may have been a scripting error that may have kept one of the objectives from registering, even though you may have completed it in time. Try re-booting your machine and giving it another go, and let us know how it turns out...

KA.com Modding FAQ.......KA.com Modding Tutorials

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

Racellius
Warrior Recruit
Warrior Recruit

Postby Racellius » Mon Sep 06, 2004 9:17 pm

i did all that the first time around, i played the level as it should, it wont recognize that i beat the level, so how can this scripting error im having be fixed so i can enjoy the game
After we dissect your precious starship for evey bit of information, I intend to display it's broken hull in the center of the Romulan capital as a symbol of our victory.

Uwe
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Postby Uwe » Fri Sep 10, 2004 11:02 pm

This is quite strange. Has the color of all objectives in the MFD turned to green (except the "return to Romii" one) ?

Another thing: if you are using Windows XP, set the compatibility mode of rd.exe to Win98. Otherwise sometimes strange things can happen (e.g. zombie ships).

Maybe you can send us a screenshot when you are trying to warp home. This might help to find out your problem (if it is not the compatibility mode).

Uwe

Racellius
Warrior Recruit
Warrior Recruit

Postby Racellius » Tue Sep 14, 2004 8:34 pm

the objectives are completed, everything seems to be ago, all the right lights come on and everything, i will try to set it to windows 98 exe and see what happens other than that i cant leve the system, it claims my objectives are not met, but they are

Return to Romulan Dawn