Romulan Dawn Missions #1-6 Discussion:

Have you completed/are having trouble/enjoy RD? (Multiple answers can be chosen):

I have completed all 6 missions in a manner befitting a Romulan Commander!
31%
I'm having trouble with figuring out the solutions to the missions...
31%
Romulan Dawn absolutely rocks!
25%
Great game, but there's room for improvement...
13%
This game sucks Tribble larvae...
No votes

Total votes : 16

Kt'Hyla
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Romulan Dawn Missions #1-6 Discussion:

Postby Kt'Hyla » Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:35 pm

Hi guys, this discussion thread is for discussing gameplay questions for folks who may be having trouble figuring out some solutions while playing Romulan Dawn. Fire away!

Note: The poll can accept multiple selections, but please treat #1 & #2 as seperate from #3, #4 & #5.

KA.com Modding FAQ.......KA.com Modding Tutorials

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

Admiral Tyrell
Commander
Commander

Postby Admiral Tyrell » Mon Aug 09, 2004 4:15 pm

Ok, feel like a complete newb, but the first mission! I get to the rebel Romulan ship at the end. But when the ship is heavily damaged it says that the Genesis effect is starting and then switches to a cutscene where everything explodes....including my ship. Mission failed :(

Any ideas?

Kt'Hyla
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Postby Kt'Hyla » Mon Aug 09, 2004 4:17 pm

That one got me at first too. However, when in doubt on the RD missions, scan your target for clues...

Did you enjoy the explosion? :D

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

Trey3
Captain
Captain

Postby Trey3 » Tue Aug 10, 2004 2:38 am

to be honest this is a great addtion to KA. one the first mission i can't seem to kill the oberth in the five min. time limit and get to the comm. relay in time any hints ?? thanks
Capt Kirk and orginal USS Enterprise and crew #1 too me, Deep Space 9 is #2 for me.

Kaje
Major
Major

Postby Kaje » Tue Aug 10, 2004 4:32 am

QUOTE: "to be honest this is a great addtion to KA. one the first mission i can't seem to kill the oberth in the five min. time limit and get to the comm. relay in time any hints ?? thanks"

Same trouble here... I suppose I could dumb down the difficulty setting, but that would feel like cheating.

_K_
"Logic is a pretty flower... that smells BAD!"
--- Spock ---

Uwe
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Postby Uwe » Tue Aug 10, 2004 7:37 am

Hint for the Oberth: use your tractor and target impulse. This should help.

Uwe

Moogle
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Postby Moogle » Tue Aug 10, 2004 8:55 am

agreed I made her to be funny to kill, she has a sweet spot if you are lucky to hit will instantly kill Impulse
You know its kinda a Joke,I am a out of work Social Worker, like wtf.

How many people do I have to sleep with to get some service here?

B!tch please you and I both know that is not your real hair color.

http://www.startrekgaming.com/mog/KAdownloaddatabase/

Kt'Hyla
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Postby Kt'Hyla » Tue Aug 10, 2004 12:55 pm

The trick I use with the Obi: sneak up point blank under cloak above her, target impulse, overload both plasma and CFDIC to 200%... 3/4 of the time it leaves her crippled, easy pickin's after that.;)

dwyspock
Major
Major

Postby dwyspock » Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:00 am

I have completed every objective in mission one except warp back to Romii and hail the station. The only problem is when I try to warp there I get a message like there is no time to warp to this system and complete our objectives. But I completed them darn it :confused:
Visit my site:

Dwyspock's Klingon Academy Mods
[
Computer: "Welcome to the USS Yorktown." "Enjoy your starship adventure." "And please take all wrappers and other refuse with you when you leave."

Captain Scott: "Nae matter what I do, I canna seem to turn the damned thing off!"

Kt'Hyla
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Postby Kt'Hyla » Wed Aug 11, 2004 5:51 am

Make sure you're using maximum warp when going from system to system, otherwise you'll be late. Also, although I don't think it should affect RD's functioning, do you have any modded helm maps installed that might have changed the system's positions?

dwyspock
Major
Major

Postby dwyspock » Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:08 pm

I found the problem, but the rd team might not want to here this. I use JB's mod manager so the first thing I did was back up my ka install. Then I installed rd over my heavily modded ka install. The first thing I noticed was that the rd qbships lines where pasted on the bottom of my existing qbships file, and when I ran rd and looked at the quick battle menu it appeared that all of my installed ships were available in qb including SC's entire system pack. When I ran ka the rd ships were there and on the sim screen the rd missions where there. I thought that was not supposed to be. As for the mission problem I was having I used the option on the mod manager to delete the mods. Then I installed rd onto stock ka and the mission ran perfectly. I noticed later that rd only has one mod system so far and the rest stock systems are used, when I first played the mission rd was using the modded stock systems. Maybe this is a bug no one noticed before :(
Visit my site:

[
Computer: "Welcome to the USS Yorktown." "Enjoy your starship adventure." "And please take all wrappers and other refuse with you when you leave."

Captain Scott: "Nae matter what I do, I canna seem to turn the damned thing off!"

Whammo11224
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Whammo11224 » Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:10 am

On a scale of 1 to 10, I give the presentation and production value a perfect 10.

However, the frustration level is beginning to mount. I have been playing the first mission since the release, and still can't get past it. I'm not going to include any spoilers, I know what to do, but I just can't do it! Especially the last part of the mission.

Perhaps there should've been some save points included in the script. I just hate having to do the whole mission over again.

Thanks
Mod Reviewer KA/NGA

Kt'Hyla
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Postby Kt'Hyla » Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:22 am

One of the things about KA is virtually everyone's install will be unique. We tested it against our own rigs in the hopes that they would expose the brunt of the bugs, but we couldn't hope to cover every contingency.

Perhaps Uwe will have some ideas on the map issue when he gets back...

dwyspock
Major
Major

Postby dwyspock » Thu Aug 12, 2004 3:00 am

Fair enough, even though it don't work for me as advertised, it is a great mod pack. Since I use the mods manager any how because I have a small hd and swap in and out a few different mod packs any how I'll have to keep a back up folder for RD. :cool:
Visit my site:

[

Uwe
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Postby Uwe » Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:08 am

A quick note from my vacation as I have only limited bandwith here:

Having all new ships and mods in RD AND KA is intended. It enables you to use them in both games.

Mod systems are indeed a problem we haven´t addressed. So the only thing I can say is to avoid modded stock systems together with RD.

Uwe

dwyspock
Major
Major

Postby dwyspock » Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:57 am

Uwe wrote:A quick note from my vacation as I have only limited bandwith here:

Having all new ships and mods in RD AND KA is intended. It enables you to use them in both games.

Mod systems are indeed a problem we haven´t addressed. So the only thing I can say is to avoid modded stock systems together with RD.

Uwe

Thank's Uwe, would simply swaping the system folders in and out solve the problem?
Visit my site:

[

Kt'Hyla
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Postby Kt'Hyla » Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:54 pm

That should work. Without the modded kas files present, the game will revert back to using stock systems, and it should run okay.

Let us know how it runs, Dwy. ;)

Trey3
Captain
Captain

Postby Trey3 » Sat Aug 14, 2004 5:31 pm

thankyou all for your hints to the first mission i finally past it thankyou so much. the one time i tryed it, before i finished it i got the cut sence to the ship that blew up the galaxy that was cool the way ya'll done that.now on to mission 2 :) :D
Capt Kirk and orginal USS Enterprise and crew #1 too me, Deep Space 9 is #2 for me.

Whammo11224
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Whammo11224 » Sun Aug 15, 2004 7:20 pm

dwyspock wrote:I have completed every objective in mission one except warp back to Romii and hail the station. The only problem is when I try to warp there I get a message like there is no time to warp to this system and complete our objectives. But I completed them darn it :confused:

Anyone, figure out a way to get past this problem? I get this same message too, and it's quite frustrating to say the least!

I know this is supposed to be a campaign, but IMO, I think the missions should be "stand-alone" in case minor problems crop up like this.

Most players aren't going to realize there is a problem until they get to the end of the mission. Then you're stuck, wondering what to do next.

Thanks
Mod Reviewer KA/NGA

Admiral Tyrell
Commander
Commander

Postby Admiral Tyrell » Sun Aug 15, 2004 7:25 pm

The missions ARE standalone. You don't want every single system to be standalone do you? That would be pathetic!

Plus - the reason your getting this message is your KA install. Install Romulan Dawn over a FRESH KA install and warp to the different systems at AT LEAST Warp 6!!

Next

Return to Romulan Dawn