Team Update AND Poll ...

Romulan Dawn
Warrior Recruit
Warrior Recruit

Team Update AND Poll ...

Postby Romulan Dawn » Tue Feb 24, 2004 8:57 am

Greetings from the Romulan Dawn team ...

I do apologise for our absence however we have been more than a little tied up polishing the first 10-12 missions of the pack. We wanted to rework the demo mission and name it the Directors Cut as we felt that it could use a few fixes and some updated graphics which are important to the story.

We are progressing and at this point we don't have an exact date for release but would like you assistance by replying to this poll below.

PLEASE don't reply to anyone elses choices here, please create another thread to discuss that ... we were going to hard code the poll but its much easier to do it this way, and we wanted to give you, the end user the ability to say what you wanted.

We can't and won't do all suggestions ... but your feedback is truly appreciated.

Many thanks in anticipation ...

<hr>
POLL
<hr>
1. What would you give the demo mission for Romulan Academy out of 10 (1-poor : 10-brillant)

2. If all the missions were as good, if not better, than the demo - would be interested in playing the complete campaign ?

3. How important is a full conversion ? including missions, ships, voiceovers and romulan user interface.

4. Would you rather download the mission packs or recieve on CD with accompanying walkthrough documentation (should you need it) Bear in mind that the download will be about a few hundred MB

5. What is the one feature that has drawn you to this conversion ?

6. Any other questions or comments or suggestions for improvements ?

Thanks for taking the time and for your thoughts.

Regards the Romulan Dawn Team

Lil_Dave
Major
Major

My reply ...

Postby Lil_Dave » Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:09 am

Good to hear from you guys ... here are my replies. I just noticed you posted this a few minutes ago, that means you were logged on at the same time as me. Who would be up at the same time as my part of the world ?

Anyway on to the replies ...

1. What would you give the demo mission for Romulan Academy out of 10 (1-poor : 10-brillant)

- Easily 8 or a 9. I don't know how the mission could be better - I guess it would be a 10 if it had all voiceovers for every message, having said that I know how hard it is to record the voiceovers from experience

2. If all the missions were as good, if not better, than the demo - would be interested in playing the complete campaign ?

- Heck yeah, even if they aren't quite as good I would play them.

3. How important is a full conversion ? including missions, ships, voiceovers and romulan user interface.

- Well as I said above - I know its hard but it does add to the overall experience - but for me its the least important thing. A good storyline with some new puzzles and ships would be cool. I am not worried about having the standard KA user interface.

4. Would you rather download the mission packs or recieve on CD with accompanying walkthrough documentation (should you need it) Bear in mind that the download will be about a few hundred MB

-Ummm ... I would prefer a CD as I am stuck on 56k. How much would that cost ?

- Just the coolness of it. We always joked about a Romulan Academy, however I suppose all the cool things were done in KA. The story is great (well done don) so I would like to see how it translates into missions.

- Can I be a beta tester for being the first person to respond to the poll ? :)

Cheers Dave

Admiral Tyrell
Commander
Commander

Postby Admiral Tyrell » Tue Feb 24, 2004 11:06 am

Ok, here's my answers:

9 or 10. It was amazing! The way the code changes each time, and other little details. One of the best missions I have played!

Even if the missions weren't as good, I would be interested. The story seems amazing! I can't wait to start on the campaign!

I think it is quite important, now you have shown us what you can do. However, the level at what the demo was at is very ample! More than I would expect.

Since I have broadband I would find it easier downloading than recieving on CD. But I would be very willing to burn onto CD and send copies to people in the UK without broadband.

The sheer scale! All other mods have been one ship or a few missions. This is a whole conversion! It has never been done before with missions (can you tell I LOVE missions). Plus the fact that actually had something to show before you announced it. It showed us that you were serious about this and didn't just have plans that would inevitably dissolve.

My only wish is that you take your time, TEST TEST TEST. And don't let anyone put you down. Your work is A Grade. One of the best things to come out for KA in a while. Plus, I still offer my services as a CD distributer for UK territories :) Oh, and as a beta tester :)

Darth Maverick
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Postby Darth Maverick » Tue Feb 24, 2004 10:32 pm

1) 9
2) HELL YEAH!!
3)very very important
4) i myself got b-band so i dont mind but some 56 K people would like a cd
5)the first TC for KA
6)none
Benvzijl.nl
E-mail: BenvZijl@xs4all.nl
MSN:Admin@BenvZijl.nl

Darth Raven
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Postby Darth Raven » Thu Mar 11, 2004 3:47 am

9... maybe a 10 :)

Oh yeah!

Very, KA needs the help staying alive :)

Downloads... CDs would be too much trouble for everyone involved.

The ability to play as the second coolest race in ST!

None as of yet, so far it rocks. Awesome work everyone :)
( [email="raven808" [@] gmail [.] com] | My Klingon Academy Mods )

Hudge
General
General

Postby Hudge » Mon Mar 15, 2004 5:24 am

I would give it a 9

2. If all the missions were as good, if not better, than the demo - would be interested in playing the complete campaign?

Yes

To me, not very. The missions are the cake, the rest is just icing. Voice overs would be ok, but I wouldnt lose sleep if they were missing. The missions and story themselves are the main thing to me.

Normally I cringe at 100+ MB files due to being on Dial up. I have refused to download such great mods as Desert Combat and Eve of Destruction for BF1942 simply because they are just too large to download (24+ hour download). However I am getting cable next month so it shouldnt be a problem. But I would suggest maybe making a couple CD's because there are still quite a few of us Dialups out there.

There are not a lot of native scripted missions out there. You can do a lot more with a native scripted mission than a QB2 and I really love the depth a full script can have.

I would just like to take this time again to say how great the Teaser was and can't wait for the final. I'm not sure how far you are into this project but if its not to late, could you get Hudge to be a captain of some ship :D

Geppetto: Oh no, I dropped my glasses.
Geppetto: By the way, Pinocchio, there was a cookie missing from the jar, did you take it by any chance?
Pinocchio: Yes Papa Geppetto, I'm sorry.
Geppetto: Are you sure you took it? Because I'd believe you if you said you didn't
Pinocchio: No I took it Papa. I wouldn't lie to you.
Geppetto: You could try. Who knows, you might get away with it.

Kt'Hyla
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Postby Kt'Hyla » Mon Mar 15, 2004 3:32 pm

9-10, that was a lot of fun! MORE!!!

Silly question: of course!

Missions are the meat of this sort of thing, so they're the most important. Although interface and vocals are secondary, they do at least add to the feel of the game. And I've also noticed that games with voiceovers for the briefings allow you to ignore the subtitles and enjoy the eye-candy... ;)

I'm on broadband, so it would just take up an hour or so in my case. However, having the traumatic memories of having been on dialup I can't see any harm in offering a CD (plus postage/disk cost) for our brethern stuck on snail-modem...

Romulans! ;) And the smart treatment of the scripts, being able to commandeer a civie ship and go on an on-the-fly covert mission was damn cool...

Releasing some missions? ;)

KA.com Modding FAQ.......KA.com Modding Tutorials

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

Senior Citizen
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Postby Senior Citizen » Sat Apr 03, 2004 11:10 pm

Romulan Dawn wrote:1. What would you give the demo mission for Romulan Academy out of 10 (1-poor : 10-brillant)

9.5. I'm not giving you a 10 to avoid you from thinking you can't do it better :p

Romulan Dawn wrote:2. If all the missions were as good, if not better, than the demo - would be interested in playing the complete campaign ?

Let me think about it for a while... Hmm... Hmmm... Hmmmm...
SURE!!!

Romulan Dawn wrote:3. How important is a full conversion ? including missions, ships, voiceovers and romulan user interface.

The devil is the details! Even tough the core is composed by the missions, I belive a romulan-looking interface plus new voiceovers add a lot to the missions, as well as the mods. If you are afraid the mod ships with textures and GFXs might increase too much the pack, perhaps you could consider a set of alternate misssions using the mods. The user would D/L the mods separately, from the modders' individual sites.

Romulan Dawn wrote:4. Would you rather download the mission packs or recieve on CD with accompanying walkthrough documentation (should you need it) Bear in mind that the download will be about a few hundred MB

D/L. Its easier for you guys. 56Kers can D/L it in pieces.

Romulan Dawn wrote:5. What is the one feature that has drawn you to this conversion ?

Simple- play like a romulan.

Romulan Dawn wrote:6. Any other questions or comments or suggestions for improvements ?

Thanks for making this TC!!!!

Romulan Dawn wrote:Thanks for taking the time and for your thoughts.

Regards the Romulan Dawn Team

You are wellcome!
Sorry for taking so long to answer. Real life is bogging me down a lot.

S_C

'Cause I'm free to do what I want any old time (I'm a newcreation)
'Cause I'm free to do what I want any old time
(Don't be afraid of your freedom)
'Cause I'm free to do what I want
To be what I want any old time
I said I'm free to be who I choose
To get my booze any old time

I'm Free

Soup Dragons after The Rolling Stones

Trey3
Captain
Captain

Postby Trey3 » Wed Jun 30, 2004 2:39 am

Romulan Dawn wrote:1. What would you give the demo mission for Romulan Academy out of 10 (1-poor : 10-brillant)

i would give it a 10
Romulan Dawn wrote:2. If all the missions were as good, if not better, than the demo - would be interested in playing the complete campaign ?

of course :D
Romulan Dawn wrote:3. How important is a full conversion ? including missions, ships, voiceovers and romulan user interface.?

i love the way there are differnt voices than the klingon ones.
Romulan Dawn wrote:4. Would you rather download the mission packs or recieve on CD with accompanying walkthrough documentation (should you need it) Bear in mind that the download will be about a few hundred MB
.?

i'm on dial up so i would rather have a cd i would pay if youall accepted paypal but if i have to download it please break it up.

Romulan Dawn wrote:5. What is the one feature that has drawn you to this conversion .?

that we finly have a romulan type academy we allready have SFA and KA now this completes the circle

Romulan Dawn wrote:6. Any other questions or comments or suggestions for improvements ?.?

thankyou for a good game
:D
Capt Kirk and orginal USS Enterprise and crew #1 too me, Deep Space 9 is #2 for me.

Return to Romulan Dawn