A Smugglers Business Error.

Hudge
General
General

A Smugglers Business Error.

Postby Hudge » Sun Dec 21, 2003 7:02 am

Might just be me, thought I'd toss it out here and see. In the very begining, you have to capture the freighter. I didnt tractor it my first go through and I got an RD.exe error. I played again and blew up its warp drive and failed (doh). I tried a third time and beat the mission (excellent story btw), but then went back and let the freighter escape. I did this 2 or 3 more times, each with the same result, RD.exe error followed up by a crash to desktop.

System Specs:

3.06 Pentium 4 533mhz FSB
1 Gigabyte PC-2700 DDR Ram
ATi Radeon 9700 Pro 128 MB (Catalyst 3.9 Drivers)
SoundBlaster Audigy 1394 Sound Card
80 Gigabyte Harddrive

The rest of the mission ran smooth, just that portion caused the game to crash. Anyone else have the same happen?

As an aside here, I loved the mission, I loved the "Balance of Terror" bit at the end, very cool with the sounds too.

Geppetto: Oh no, I dropped my glasses.
Geppetto: By the way, Pinocchio, there was a cookie missing from the jar, did you take it by any chance?
Pinocchio: Yes Papa Geppetto, I'm sorry.
Geppetto: Are you sure you took it? Because I'd believe you if you said you didn't
Pinocchio: No I took it Papa. I wouldn't lie to you.
Geppetto: You could try. Who knows, you might get away with it.

don85259
Commander
Commander

We will have a response for you shortly.

Postby don85259 » Sun Dec 21, 2003 7:25 am

Thanks for the report.

--don

don85259
Commander
Commander

Hudge, the bug has been located and fixed.

Postby don85259 » Sun Dec 21, 2003 10:11 am

An update will be released soon, when several other changes to the demo mission have been completed.

I'm glad you liked the mission.

--don

Admiral Tyrell
Commander
Commander

Postby Admiral Tyrell » Tue Dec 23, 2003 9:57 pm

Yes, I liked the mission too, but if you do something not right its a rd.exe error. I got a LOT of rd.exe errors when playing the mission unfortunatly :(

Romulan Dawn
Warrior Recruit
Warrior Recruit

Postby Romulan Dawn » Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:20 am

If you could provide a more detailed report, we would take a look.

Noodles
Warrior Recruit
Warrior Recruit

Postby Noodles » Tue Dec 30, 2003 2:00 am

When I transport my marines onto the Romulan Smuggler, with them still onboard and disengage the tractor and let them go. Once the Romulan Smuggler's Freighter has warped out and disappears from sensors, up comes the RD.EXE error.

Noodles
Warrior Recruit
Warrior Recruit

Postby Noodles » Tue Dec 30, 2003 3:00 am

Oh and another error not related to the above one I found.

I had captured 96% of the Romulan Smuggler when my tractor beam was destroyed, then the Romulan Smuggler warped out and left my sensors. 2 seconds later my away team captured it.. all was fine until after the part when you tell your First Officer to take command, and just before the cutscene of the Romulan Smuggler's Freighter and you're beaming aboard, RD.EXE had an error.

Just before the crash, I checked if the Romulan Smuggler's Freighter was there, and it came back with all it's damaged repaired (so I presume it warped to another Star System and warped back) and was a ally ship.

(Yup I'm yet to finish the teaser mission lol)

Return to Romulan Dawn