As the years slip by

darkestvorlon
Warrior Recruit
Warrior Recruit

As the years slip by

Postby darkestvorlon » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:35 am

My gods, imagine my shock to see that KA.com still exists, even our old forum! Any of the old crew still alive? tried recovering my old account, forum wants to argue :|

LeDaniel
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: As the years slip by

Postby LeDaniel » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:50 am

darkestvorlon wrote:My gods, imagine my shock to see that KA.com still exists, even our old forum! Any of the old crew still alive? tried recovering my old account, forum wants to argue :|

many members is still alive :)

darkestvorlon
Warrior Recruit
Warrior Recruit

Postby darkestvorlon » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:52 am

I miss those old days, close on two decades ago. Firing up KA, going into KAAF space and facing off against RCGothic's Ktinga in my Ully. Or MochloD's Sword of Kahless. Or watching Mac's Lexington do its lag inspired astrobatics :D Simpler, happy times mostly then.

teeth_03
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Postby teeth_03 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:30 pm

Well, the game still works in W10, and you can find downloads for it online, so it's not like those days aren't out of the realm of possibility if people wanted to start playing again

KAAF-McScott[Lt.CM]
Commander
Commander

Postby KAAF-McScott[Lt.CM] » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:01 am

Paladin and I are online right now looking at getting this thing going on Windows 10. Hopefully, we are successful.

teeth_03
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Postby teeth_03 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:31 pm

You guys should all join a Discord so we can keep in touch easier, doesn't need to be mine, but I do have an invite link floating around in General.

KAAF-McScott[Lt.CM]
Commander
Commander

Postby KAAF-McScott[Lt.CM] » Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:07 am

Having some issues installing this on Windows 10. Launcher will load from disk, however, when I try to get it to autorun, setup.exe comes up in the background and that's it. Never lets me get any farther along than that. Been scouring the internet for a fix but, nothing so far.

I've still got a TS up btw. I'll find the Discord link and see if I can jump on.

teeth_03
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Postby teeth_03 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:43 am

Did you try copying the disk to your PC in the off chance your disc is going bad?

KAAF-McScott[Lt.CM]
Commander
Commander

Postby KAAF-McScott[Lt.CM] » Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:57 pm

I got it working now. One of my retail discs was not working. Luckily, I had two of the retail versions knocking about.

Every time I would try to launch the .exe file, the process would hang in the background. Simple enough fix though, had to go to Task Manager> Details and find the process then right click on it, find "analyze wait chain" and see what process was causing it to stall out. It was a Logitech service of all things. I ended up ending the Logitech process and the install came up immediately.

Windows 10 is wonky sometimes.

el_flesh
Warrior
Warrior

Postby el_flesh » Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:27 am

Let's set a date to meet up for a frag fest. Late December, 29th or so?

Return to Open Disscussion