Bug Report for NGA2

teeth_03
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Bug Report for NGA2

Postby teeth_03 » Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:26 pm

first of all,I'm typing in white in white backround...lol...is there a problem with this board or sumtin...maybe IE...I dunno...anyway(usin notepad to type)

1. Theres no Norway mod(so Ship folder for it),altho theres a Federation Norway DD qbships line

2. The Reman Eagle BCH QBship's line is wrong,the BCH should be CA

3. Texture problem on the HDD Defiant,no texture behind the "neck" (just look at it from the front and you'll see it)

4. The Gorn Andaconda DD has a malfunctioning Secondary weapons systems, I think theres just some shp lines you forgot to take out

Thats about it,seems to be just minor problems, everything else is awesome.

I think you have the perfect number of ships per race. I think there shouldn't really be more than 2 ships of the same class, it gets to be too many and overwelming if theres too many more.Altho having all those ships shown in the screenshots post wouldn't be a bad thing ;)

one final thing as I mentioned before,having a new MP script with updated ships list wouldn't be bad either.

Hidden Agenda
General
General

Postby Hidden Agenda » Sat Oct 01, 2005 12:30 am

Damn, I appear to have missed adding the Norway into the folder!

The Reman Eagle is a BC so it's something that I will address in an updated QBships and shp file.

I'll look into the defiant.

Gorn, well I always read to not remove a certain line from the shp file so I didn't, i'll try and remember to change it but it's not a major thing. You'll probably find that other ships have the same thing.
-----------------------------
You know the difference between
me & you? I make this look good!

teeth_03
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Postby teeth_03 » Sat Oct 01, 2005 2:19 am

did Max happen to tell you that? I know what line your talking about and I think that "issue" is boggas.

I think you got everything balanced pretty good, but I got an idea for the Scimitar. How about making the Thalaron weapon so that it uses so much power,that it cant cloak,or have the other weapons on, so its basically a sitting duck if you decide to use the weapon, but make it more powerful in return. So it would have the "regular" weapons mode and the "Thalaron" weapons mode. I would assume that it would be a bitch to get the power levels right but its an idea.

I'm glad that I think the borg are balanced pretty good, altho its a pain to take down even a Sphere single handedly, but its possible if you take your time anyway.

I'm assuming your gonna try and add some cannon Cardys and Domininon in NGA2 in the Dominion War release? Getting some of those ships would be awesome. I would start the Dominion War on Gamespy ;)

Cant wait man. I think what makes NGA different is that everything is balanced great and you dont have any "uber" ships that screw everything up.

Hidden Agenda
General
General

Postby Hidden Agenda » Sat Oct 01, 2005 5:39 pm

No - it says in the shp file so I just left it - I know it can be removed now but it's not a big problem so haven't really bothered with it. I'll have a look through to see if any ships need it.

All of the Cardassians are done except the Keldon, which was complete but I lost wthe working version in a reformat. Dominion ships are still work in progress as far as I'm concerned because graphically they do not look good now against the quality of the other ships.

Borg are proper strength!!!
-----------------------------
You know the difference between
me & you? I make this look good!

teeth_03
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Postby teeth_03 » Sat Oct 01, 2005 6:47 pm

well,if you got a Galor,you got 90% of the Keldon right there.

I agree as well that the borg are the right strenght,I was just pointing it out.

I dont think those Dominion models are that bad. I mean if you got ginsu and subtargets and the models working right, than I dont think it would matter. I wouldn't think anyone would care that the Dominion ships are maybe a little below par with the other ships, those ships dont look all that bad (the ones I have anymway,guessing they're the same ones)

one question remains- what are you doing with the Galaxy ships. The pics of those look pretty awesome if I say so myself.

teeth_03
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Postby teeth_03 » Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:12 pm

I thought of something else, are you going to add the Prometheus?I think having it would be kewl,if you added the seperate sections that is,be real fun in MP,like the 3 sections on a team vs a borg sphere or sumtin.

Return to Next Generation Academy