NGA FAQ: Post your ?s here!

cHad (A-4-L)
Major General
Major General

NGA FAQ: Please Read (UPDATED)

Postby cHad (A-4-L) » Mon Dec 29, 2003 2:34 am

This is the current NGA FAQ. Any questions you have not already here, please post them.

Q: What is NGA?

A: NGA (Next Generation Academy) is a series of mod packs developed for Klingon Academy (KA) to bring it into the TNG (The Next Generation) universe. To do this our staff has created TNG specs and balanced all ships to these new specs. Many of the ships featured are previous releases that have been modified to meet the TNG specs, others are completley new.

Q: Where can I download NGA?

A: All mods currently released are available in the "Downloads" section of our website.

Q: Do I have to pay for NGA?

A: NO. NGA is a free mod offered to the members of the KA community.

Q: Where can I get the AQ1 (Alpha Quadrant 1) release of NGA?

A: Unfortunatley we no longer support the original AQ1 release.

Q: What do I need to play NGA?

A: You need Klingon Academy installed on your computer. We recommend the following specs for your machine to play KA. If you do not have these specs and your able to play KA, you should be able to play NGA, but expect slow down during gameplay.
pIII 700mhz or higher.
128mb ram
64mb or greater video card

Q: Does NGA work on multiplayer?

A: Yes, NGA will work on MP . NGA uses a custom MP script by RHCD http://www.brianmoler.com

UPDATED 12/30/03

Q: Do I need AQ1?

A: No. Alpha Quadrant 1 ( the previous NGA release) is no longer supported and is not required for all current and future NGA mods.

Q: why only 6 ships?

A: The Nemesis mod pack is only the first of many, and reflects NGA's focus on more "canon" ships. While non-canon ships will always be a part of NGA, they will not be as prominent as they were in the past. Rest assured there are many more ships waiting to be released. This is only the beginning.

Q: Whats the relationship between AQ1, Nemesis, and the other incoming packs?

A: AQ1 is no longer supported, so you don't need it. All future NGA releases will have assume you have the Nemesis mod installed. It will be required that you have Nemesis for these Future releases.

Q: Can I install Nemesis, or any future release of NGA over my AQ1 install?

A: Short awnser, NO. Long Awnser.....Yes but we have not tested it and will not support it. The new NGA mods follow new specs, there for will not be balanced to AQ1, or any other public mods. We recommend a clean install with only NGA supported mods on it.

Update 12/31/03

Q: Will future releases of NGA be added to the Nemesis release, or will they be separate installs of their own?

They will add on to the Nemesis pack.

OzzyRocks
Colonel
Colonel

Postby OzzyRocks » Wed Dec 31, 2003 11:35 am

Will future releases of NGA be added to the Nemesis release, or will they be separate installs of their own?

Hidden Agenda
General
General

Postby Hidden Agenda » Wed Dec 31, 2003 12:46 pm

They will add on to the Nemesis pack.
-----------------------------
You know the difference between
me & you? I make this look good!

Kahless2001
Warrior Recruit
Warrior Recruit

Postby Kahless2001 » Sun Jan 04, 2004 3:47 pm

So you have got 2 packs out, the nemesis and the non cannon pack, which one is the better? and can you install both?

The Walking Dictionary
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Postby The Walking Dictionary » Sun Jan 04, 2004 4:47 pm

both can be installed. The non cannon pack has more ships than the Nemesis pack but I think you need the Nemesis pack to install the non cannon pack. It would be best to get both.
C:\
C:\DOS
C:\DOS\RUN
RUN DOS RUN

Revenge is a dish best served cold.

bortaS bIr jablu'DI'reH QaQqu' nay'

My KA Page
My KA Mod Info Page

Hidden Agenda
General
General

Postby Hidden Agenda » Sun Jan 04, 2004 10:16 pm

As Chad has now added to the FAQ, Nemesis is the main part - it has all the systems, sounds, music and so on.

The other packs will really be just ships and then the missions that go with those ships. Eventually we hope to get a new GUI but we'll have to see.
-----------------------------
You know the difference between
me & you? I make this look good!

hall99m
Warrior Recruit
Warrior Recruit

Postby hall99m » Tue Jan 27, 2004 7:47 pm

I have downloaded the non-canon and nemesis mods and am having problems operating the new ships. I cannot access the power macros, 'undefined' appears where the list of macros should be.

nomercy
Warrior Recruit
Warrior Recruit

Postby nomercy » Tue Mar 30, 2004 10:41 am

hello people i was just wondering about klingon academy's problems in windows xp i have downloaded and installed all of nga nemesis and the nga non-canon pack and the nemesis mission and when i get to the basin rift the game crashes do you know what could fix this?
i was thinking that if you convert the quick battle 2 mission to script using the qb2build it might work what do you think anyone got a hint? :) or is it just windows xp?

Moogle
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Postby Moogle » Wed May 12, 2004 8:32 pm

Win XP you might want to try the compatability wizard out or either that your computer might not be able to handle the rift
You know its kinda a Joke,I am a out of work Social Worker, like wtf.

How many people do I have to sleep with to get some service here?

B!tch please you and I both know that is not your real hair color.

http://www.startrekgaming.com/mog/KAdownloaddatabase/

Goury
Warrior Recruit
Warrior Recruit

Postby Goury » Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:54 am

I have ship mods I got from another site but I have no idea how to install yhese new ship. How you you install them. Please help.
NERV-GOURY

Goury
Warrior Recruit
Warrior Recruit

Postby Goury » Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:55 am

I need some help. I've download the NGA and I have no idea how t install it. So my question is how do you install in?.

I have ship mods I got from another site but I have no idea how to install yhese new ship. How you you install them. Please help.
NERV-GOURY

Return to Next Generation Academy