Soft Sovereign

Racellius
Warrior Recruit
Warrior Recruit

Soft Sovereign

Postby Racellius » Sun Dec 28, 2003 10:50 pm

I installed all the updates, and i went to the simulator and tested out the new soverieign against a jem hadar battle ship and for some reason when i tried out various functions of the ship like sensors, tractor beam, shields and weapons, i had various problems, for example i have very weak sensors, i cant detect sh*t unless i boost power to the sensors, when i do that my weapons dontwork, when i go to full impulse i cannot fire weapons, when i attempt to turn the tractor beam on my weapons dont work, and on top of it all, the sound of ship ship stutters, if anyone out these is having similar problemsvoice your conscerns because in opinion the soveriegn was released prematurely but i might be wrong, anyways if anyone knows how to fix the problems im having let me know

I noticed further problems with the other ships, as playing as the scimitar, when i am in vos option of selecting targets when i pressed 8 and next, the game crashes. The Reman warbird loses cloak at full acceleration as wells as the kvek ca.
After we dissect your precious starship for evey bit of information, I intend to display it's broken hull in the center of the Romulan capital as a symbol of our victory.

cHad (A-4-L)
Major General
Major General

Postby cHad (A-4-L) » Mon Dec 29, 2003 12:06 am

Its called power managment. The ships have a limited power in this balance, it forces you to decide what exactly is more important, shields, weapons, cloak? I personally love it. It gives a much more tactical edge to the game.

The Sov WAS NOT released prematurely. This ship behaves exactly like we wanted it to. If it didn't, the entire NGA team would have voiced their concerns and it wouldn't have been released. We weren't going to release the sov as some over the top super ship that can have all of its resources put to the max with full power to shields, weapons, warp, ecm, sensors, etc......

Jax
Warrior Recruit
Warrior Recruit

Postby Jax » Mon Dec 29, 2003 12:48 am

Just out of curiosity, why was the current sovereign model used instead of the old one? Not complaining, mind you, just wondering. They seem pretty similar (although I'm not sure I like the red frisbies this one tosses instead of firing photons ;) )

- Jax

cHad (A-4-L)
Major General
Major General

Postby cHad (A-4-L) » Mon Dec 29, 2003 12:56 am

Better model, better textures.....

dwyspock
Major
Major

Re: Soft Sovereign

Postby dwyspock » Mon Dec 29, 2003 2:22 am

Originally posted by Racellius
I installed all the updates, and i went to the simulator and tested out the new soverieign against a jem hadar battle ship and for some reason when i tried out various functions of the ship like sensors, tractor beam, shields and weapons, i had various problems, for example i have very weak sensors, i cant detect sh*t unless i boost power to the sensors, when i do that my weapons dontwork, when i go to full impulse i cannot fire weapons, when i attempt to turn the tractor beam on my weapons dont work, and on top of it all, the sound of ship ship stutters, if anyone out these is having similar problemsvoice your conscerns because in opinion the soveriegn was released prematurely but i might be wrong, anyways if anyone knows how to fix the problems im having let me know

I noticed further problems with the other ships, as playing as the scimitar, when i am in vos option of selecting targets when i pressed 8 and next, the game crashes. The Reman warbird loses cloak at full acceleration as wells as the kvek ca.

Did you install the macros that were in the 5th rar file? If you did you should check them out and use them. I made them so I know there isn't much power to go around so I used alot of impulse power to be able to diert power to the various systems for each macro. I happen to like the new balance, as far as power distrobution goes every ship is equal except for a few units of power here and there.
Visit my site:

Dwyspock's Klingon Academy Mods
[
Computer: "Welcome to the USS Yorktown." "Enjoy your starship adventure." "And please take all wrappers and other refuse with you when you leave."

Captain Scott: "Nae matter what I do, I canna seem to turn the damned thing off!"

Racellius
Warrior Recruit
Warrior Recruit

Postby Racellius » Mon Dec 29, 2003 3:25 am

I had a gut feeling it was intentional, and i did install the 5th rar file, and all the macros, there will be some people that like the changes and others that do not, any way to have the power managment function like the previous mods. So with these new ships that were created for nemesis, theres a problem, the power management of the previous mods do not match with the current, so the older mods have an advantage over the current ones. Is there a way to change the ships and make them function like the old ones. If it is not possible where can i get the old sovereign, cause i cant stand when i turn on a tractor beam i cant have weapons or shields. This is not the NGA ive been playing for the past few months. And Jax if you do not like the "red frisbies." Open the shp file and scroll down to the weapons resource and you can add any weapon you like in its place, in your case you could replace it with photon torpedoes or transphasic torpedoes if you have access to them.
After we dissect your precious starship for evey bit of information, I intend to display it's broken hull in the center of the Romulan capital as a symbol of our victory.

dwyspock
Major
Major

Postby dwyspock » Mon Dec 29, 2003 4:32 am

I had a gut feeling it was intentional, and i did install the 5th rar file, and all the macros, there will be some people that like the changes and others that do not, any way to have the power managment function like the previous mods. So with these new ships that were created for nemesis, theres a problem, the power management of the previous mods do not match with the current, so the older mods have an advantage over the current ones. Is there a way to change the ships and make them function like the old ones. If it is not possible where can i get the old sovereign, cause i cant stand when i turn on a tractor beam i cant have weapons or shields. This is not the NGA ive been playing for the past few months. And Jax if you do not like the "red frisbies." Open the shp file and scroll down to the weapons resource and you can add any weapon you like in its place, in your case you could replace it with photon torpedoes or transphasic torpedoes if you have access to them.

First off Nemesis is ment to be a separate install. Second, the 2nd and 3rd macros have weapons and tractor beam online, now if you try to go above the max impluse vel. I have set you will lose power to other systems. I have found while making these macros and playing with these ships that it is very important to change macros for every situation. If you use them right you should have power to the systems you need, unless you take heavy damage and need to change things manually.
Visit my site:

[
Computer: "Welcome to the USS Yorktown." "Enjoy your starship adventure." "And please take all wrappers and other refuse with you when you leave."

Captain Scott: "Nae matter what I do, I canna seem to turn the damned thing off!"

Racellius
Warrior Recruit
Warrior Recruit

Postby Racellius » Mon Dec 29, 2003 4:59 am

where can i get the old sovereign

dwyspock
Major
Major

Postby dwyspock » Mon Dec 29, 2003 5:21 am

where can i get the old sovereign

If you mean the one in NGA AQ1 you can't because the d/l links are no longer up. But if you go here you may be able to get the one that was made for regular ka.
Visit my site:

[

cHad (A-4-L)
Major General
Major General

Postby cHad (A-4-L) » Mon Dec 29, 2003 6:49 am

dwyspock was right, Nemesis is not meant to be installed on NGA AQ1. We don't support that version anymore, its obsolete. So if you installed it on it, don't expect stuff to work together. Now if your talking about other public mods. Don't care. NGA is not meant to work with mods not balanced for NGA.

Hidden Agenda
General
General

Postby Hidden Agenda » Mon Dec 29, 2003 6:54 pm

I've lost count of how many times we've said that this is not to go with AQ1.
-----------------------------
You know the difference between
me & you? I make this look good!

Grga
Warrior Recruit
Warrior Recruit

Postby Grga » Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:46 pm

Originally posted by Hidden Agenda
I've lost count of how many times we've said that this is not to go with AQ1.

3.312.987+422=3.313.409 that's how many times:D :D :D

Joshmaul
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Postby Joshmaul » Tue Dec 30, 2003 7:34 am

Originally posted by cHad (A-4-L)
dwyspock was right, Nemesis is not meant to be installed on NGA AQ1. We don't support that version anymore, its obsolete. So if you installed it on it, don't expect stuff to work together. Now if your talking about other public mods. Don't care. NGA is not meant to work with mods not balanced for NGA.

I installed it in my current install of KA and it works just fine. No problems here! (The Scimitar works fine now, I'm not sure why it didn't earlier...wonderful ship you guys have here!)

The new Sovereign is absolutely awesome. I had my own little mock Basin Rift battle with the Sov and two Valdores vs. the Scimitar, and I was absolutely awestruck. I think the new model and the new textures are excellent, but I believe that if you have the registry number on the nacelles as different texture files (rather than the same texture file, where it could appear backwards - depending on your angle), it could look a little better. Other than that, absolutely beautiful. Bravo!

-Joshmaul

Racellius
Warrior Recruit
Warrior Recruit

Postby Racellius » Wed Dec 31, 2003 10:28 pm

How would i go about editing power distribution if i was interested in it.

cHad (A-4-L)
Major General
Major General

Postby cHad (A-4-L) » Thu Jan 01, 2004 5:21 am

Read one of the modding tutorials available.

Hidden Agenda
General
General

Postby Hidden Agenda » Thu Jan 01, 2004 1:53 pm

Going to answer a couple of points in this post I did not see before.

Jax, this Sovereign is about 10 times better looking than the old one and is lower poly to go with that. Also the new photons look more like the photons from Nemesis than any other gfx available for KA.

Racellius - if you try and change the power settings in the new NGA releases you will mess up your multiplayer so don't do it.
-----------------------------
You know the difference between
me & you? I make this look good!

Darth Raven
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Postby Darth Raven » Fri Jan 02, 2004 7:27 am

How would i go about editing power distribution if i was interested in it.

If you send me the shp file I'll give the ship some more power for you m8.

The catch is you can't use the ship in multiplayer, as it will give off a data-mismatch.

raven808@hawaii.rr.com
( [email="raven808" [@] gmail [.] com] | My Klingon Academy Mods )

mhs7603
Warrior Recruit
Warrior Recruit

Postby mhs7603 » Fri Jan 16, 2004 9:25 am

The current Soverign seems pretty good to me, especily since you have to comprimise with power allocations.

Adding more power would make it a uber ship and be a waste of time.
mnhei'sahe

dwyspock
Major
Major

Postby dwyspock » Fri Jan 16, 2004 10:03 am

Good answer new guy:cool:
Visit my site:

[

mhs7603
Warrior Recruit
Warrior Recruit

Postby mhs7603 » Fri Jan 16, 2004 10:53 am

Thanks.

I just think its fun to have to comprimise with power

Fun with pwr macros

Example, try this in a 1 on 1 engaement. (with a ship with heavy Weapons in the aft arc for best results)

set for 1/2 impulse, and cut foward shields as well as all foward arc weapons. Re derict power to shields

Go to gunnery chair mode, but turn off auto pilot

get the enemy in your aft arc, as close to directly behind as possible and manuver to keep em there.

Since your in gunnery chair mode, your crosshairs are locked on the ship, so switch targeting mode to the one that shoots at what the crosshairs is pointin at (I froget the name, its 4:50 am, lol)

The AI ship willl make attack runs on you, then break off and attack, break off.......... But your aft arc weapons are constantly pounding em.
If you wait til your shields are bout gone thendrop aft shields and raise foward and do an emergency turn and go in reverse, you can continue the attack and take out a much more powerful ship with a smaller one
mnhei'sahe

Next

Return to Next Generation Academy