Everyone Hates Legacy

saucer_section
Major General
Major General

Postby saucer_section » Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:52 am

KAAF LtGen Ex Malterra wrote:the manual sux. pretty grafix. i'm tired of pros/cons to be honset, just like i'm tired of trying to like the game. i tell you one thing though, there are some sure enough psycho fanboys on the legacy forum. those cats are scary man, i bet they're carving "legacy forever" into their forheads with broken bottles.

meh, i dunno if it's the worst trek game made but it's not even in the top 10 best trek games.

One of them called me stupid over a discussion about phasers :rolleyes:

KAAF LtGen Ex Malterra
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Postby KAAF LtGen Ex Malterra » Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:01 pm

saucer_section wrote:One of them called me stupid over a discussion about phasers :rolleyes:

it's hard not to get into arguments with some of them.

i'm actually swinging around to the like it side again. there's a lot not great about it, but i played the campaign for a while last night and had fun. hope the sucker gets patched thats fur sure.

saucer_section
Major General
Major General

Postby saucer_section » Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:00 am

Yeah they really need a patch for keyboard mapping and support for controllers other than the xbox

Play
Warrior
Warrior

Postby Play » Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:15 pm

hi, I also played it and f.e. u can use ur logitech wingman extreme joistick and so on.... but its not perfect at all. I hate to say it but this game was rushed rapidly and is only a beta version! if it is not fixed soon it won t be playable to many trekers. I m considering to replay the KA campain again right now...

WillDavidge
Warrior
Warrior

Postby WillDavidge » Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:21 pm

Welcome To The World Of Competative Software Markets My Friends.
"Throw one at me if you want hash head! I've got all five senses and I slept last night, that puts me five up on the lot of you!"

Pilot Willis J. Davidge
BTA Flyer
Fortress Class Fighter Carrier USS Braveheart NX-52285 Capt. Michael Armstrong Commanding

Fox McCloud
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Fox McCloud » Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:03 am

Christ this game has been raped.
It has the potential to be awesome, yet Mad Doc felt it necessary to remove almost everything about the game, essentially neutering it.
I know the real reason hwy its being delayed constantly for 360. Microsoft dont want this POS tarnishing its console. It will come out when it actually finished.

Looking into the game files, there is some awesome stuff there that has been omitted.
Also, its just Armada IIs engine updated with new shaders. Tehre is still ArmadaII content in there in places tooo.

Cutscenes, removed. Game elements removed. Storyline stripped.

Imagine HL2 without most of its story, without physics and the gun, and without sound, speech and gameplay. Infact imagine installing HL2 and having 3 tutorial missions and then the end.. That is what Legacy is like

So much potential, could have easily been done, but is now none existant.
Its a pretty looking engine with the ability to make your ship go forward, left and right, and shoot at another. That is all.

The game engine itself is a mess, it amases me how they can do it.
They need to release a patch that will finish and fix the game. This is an alpha at best.
"Cry woe... destruction... ruin and decay.
The worst is death, and death shall have his day."[/align]

teeth_03
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Postby teeth_03 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:04 am

Maddoc needs to hand the reins over to Quicksilver,who knows how to make Trek games.

I have Tactical Assault on my PSP (sitting on my lap right now), and its a pretty alright game for a portable, dosent look to bad either. Of course theres things in TA I think could've been better,but I'm trying not to fall for the "always more" syndrome. Its a portable,and for portable games,I dont have as high as expectations. I just started a new game, my 3rd time around.

I dont have Legacy,but theres so much bad being said about it,I dont wanna pay for it (I'm trying to get it thru "alternative means"). I think in Legacy's case,its alright to get diagnosied with "always more syndrome",since appearently,it needs more.

Play
Warrior
Warrior

Postby Play » Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:47 pm

yeah u re so right IT IS legal to test before buy....I also did this I got a warez copy but now why would I do it? because I have no trust in it! look how clear it is to everyone now why there wouldn t be any demo for THat shit. back in 98 I play the KA singleplayer demo which had one mission which was very good and it made like click! this is ur next game u will buy. so I bought KA full when it came out and it was expected to be a good game (well expectations were even higher after I even could play the multiplayer demo IN internet, hell in legacy even in the full version the internet play doesn t work, and no it doesn t work either after patch 1.1). they game truely had a storyline and also was very good in every expected area. OK the engine was buggy as hell and crashed many times at mpig but on win98 (the game was made for it) it was like ok... could be better but I live with it (also one reason because KA also was rushed in the end). In Legacy u get exception errors on win xp and with a big formular to send back to maddoc. aha why is the pc version (US) out one week before console? Am I ur beta tester or what? whats with the controls set to be " "Xbox 360" " controller only? whats with that huh? there isn t any notice that this is required. ok in the first mission u learn how to use mouse and keyboard but hey is that all? Hl2 without customable key controls? ridiculous... and even more because the players WITH a Xbox controller can TURN around their ships FASTER than anyone else and so on...and so on...ok I won t tell more about the probs.. just one thing.. can u imagine playing KA every single time u play quick battle against the yamato only because u can t pick the AI ships and it will pick itself the best ones everytime because u only can set credits like 15000, 30000, 70000 only?? that is crAP and there is much more what is wrong with this "game"..............................................................

Hidden Agenda
General
General

Postby Hidden Agenda » Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:03 pm

I've seen a video of Legacy, I couldn't care less about the gameplay - KA needs the music from that game.

KA beats it hands down obviously but Legacy has some great music and to me that would massively improve KA as well!
-----------------------------
You know the difference between
me & you? I make this look good!

teeth_03
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Postby teeth_03 » Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:14 pm

well,give me the music in mp3 or wma form and I can do that ;)

anybdoy know if its in a format that is playable outside the game?

Play
Warrior
Warrior

Postby Play » Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:12 pm

yes it is *.ogg format and playable with e.g. winamp. I have access to it but I would think the original version of the game must be extracted before like in KA. the music is like 60 mb in ogg formmat.

saucer_section
Major General
Major General

Postby saucer_section » Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:12 pm

Send me a copy of it in any format and I might be able to convert it.

Star-Dragon
Elite Warrior
Elite Warrior

Location: EDF Avenger station at Mobile Space Fortress Xanadu

Postby Star-Dragon » Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:08 am

Goldwave can handle .ogg also (I used it for FS2 voice-overs)

Sad how I now hear that all these cool things they promised would "give you the quintessential ST experience" yet were STRIPPED out???

Can anyone explain to me after development you would REMOVE features on a mass scale???

And seriously, HAND DRAWN cutscenes??? That's like ****ing on the great CGI legacy of SFA and KA.

WTF Was Mad Doc thinking??? (And thus why Crack is whack kids!)
"Don't think of it as being outnumbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

Hidden Agenda
General
General

Postby Hidden Agenda » Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:17 am

If anyone could get that sound file I'd be very grateful.

Play
Warrior
Warrior

Postby Play » Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:17 pm

ok where to send it and how? never did such thing. maybe to the mod page? how can u upload things there?

saucer_section
Major General
Major General

Postby saucer_section » Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:20 pm

Play wrote:ok where to send it and how? never did such thing. maybe to the mod page? how can u upload things there?

Send it to SendSpace http://www.sendspace.com/

Fox McCloud
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Fox McCloud » Sat Dec 16, 2006 1:22 pm

The music was OK but didnt wow me tho. Im thinking of replacing it with the soundtracks from ST I-X
"Cry woe... destruction... ruin and decay.
The worst is death, and death shall have his day."[/align]

Play
Warrior
Warrior

Postby Play » Sat Dec 16, 2006 7:58 pm

Hidden Agenda
General
General

Postby Hidden Agenda » Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:15 pm

Ta, got the bits I need.

Aoav160
Warrior Recruit
Warrior Recruit

Postby Aoav160 » Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:04 am

I got the PC version from Santa and it was a waste of $. KA and SFC are much better.
Cry woe, destruction, ruin, loss, decay; The worst is death, and death will have his day.

PreviousNext

Return to Other Star Trek Games