Everyone Hates Legacy

Kang
Commander
Commander

Postby Kang » Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:41 pm

I have the Xbox 360 version of Star Trek: Legacy for my brand new Xbox 360 that I just received for Christmas. My take on ST: Legacy is that it is a good game; but with so many cool features such as the ability to purchase upgrades for the ships such as stronger shields with command points has been removed, the game seems really limited. Star Trek: Legacy had so much potential during its developmental days but most of it is nonexistant. For what it is worth, ST: Legacy is good but not great, and it is certainly no Klingon Academy. What a shame!

However, the PC version of ST: Legacy does have some long term potential provided that patches are released to address its numerous bugs and if modders within the game community create mods for the game. Shortly after Klingon Academy was released back in the summer of 2000, its future seamed uncertain at best with all of its glitches. But thanks to the loyal dedication of the KA community, Klingon Academy endured the test of time and continues to be enjoyed to this very day. Hopefully the same will happen with ST: Legacy, but time will tell. However, I am thinking about putting Windows XP Pro back on my system and dual-boot it with Kubuntu 6.06 Linux so that I can play KA again.

Long live Klingon Academy!
Qapla'

kangggggg@gmail.com - E-mail

saucer_section
Major General
Major General

Postby saucer_section » Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:18 pm

My husband bought the 360 version too. It's a good xbox game but the PC version is garbage. They would have to make some serious patches for it to improve it any.

Scotty
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Not as bad as i have been hearing.....

Postby Scotty » Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:36 pm

I just picked Legacy up yesterday. The controls are lame but I've seen worse. It would be a lot better if you could re-map keys.

Skirmish mode sucks because you can't choose your opponent's ship - that is a major oversight.

I am only on the second mission of the SP campaign. Trying to figure out how to keep my fleet after the Rommies that are attacking the space station. The manual (can I even call it that?) is really useless.

It seems like this game had a lot of potential but it was left on the cutting room floor. The game is not KA but it's still fun and the graphics and weapon/damage FX are pretty sweet. Hopefully I'll get a chance to play a few more missions this weekend.
Beam this up!

White Tiger
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Postby White Tiger » Mon Jan 01, 2007 3:32 am

Personally...I like this game....I'm having fun with it
http://www.whitetiger.ca/
Hatred ever kills, love never dies such is the vast difference between the two. What is obtained by love is retained for all time. What is obtained by hatred proves a burden in reality for it increases hatred.
M.Ghandi.

Kt'Hyla
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Postby Kt'Hyla » Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:22 am

Chemical-based mods don't count! ;)

KA.com Modding FAQ.......KA.com Modding Tutorials

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

Hidden Agenda
General
General

Postby Hidden Agenda » Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:46 pm

Does PC Legacy have the same Kazon ships & Xindi ships that Encounters does? The Kazon Predator in encounters is pretty good.
-----------------------------
You know the difference between
me & you? I make this look good!

Mauler85
Elite Commando
Elite Commando

Postby Mauler85 » Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:08 pm

no but from the legacyfiles forums someone is working on moding a new campaign using the Xindi Vulcans And Andorians
Bilbo: But what about the Ewoks?
Tim: Jar Jar makes the Ewoks look like *beep* Shaft!

KAAF LtGen Ex Malterra
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Postby KAAF LtGen Ex Malterra » Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:40 am

i agree that legacy in no way lived up to its potential. it's definately not even in the same leauge with ka. but i'm having fun with it. i got tht pc version but am using an xbox controller and am finding it usefull. there is some hope that the skirmish mode may be patched to allow more configuration, that would be swell and add much replay value to the game. the campaign is pretty cool. mods may make the thing better too. mp sux horribly though, that's a real shame. seriously. hey scotty, maybe we can lan game some time, ka and legacy, if i can ever get my house clean enough for company. you're back in vb right?

Scotty
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Postby Scotty » Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:45 am

Yeah man, just bought a new condo off Wesleyan close to Town Center. We're staying here this time! :D
Beam this up!

WillDavidge
Warrior
Warrior

Postby WillDavidge » Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:53 pm

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/irhPSsW9QPk"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/irhPSsW9QPk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
"Throw one at me if you want hash head! I've got all five senses and I slept last night, that puts me five up on the lot of you!"

Pilot Willis J. Davidge
BTA Flyer
Fortress Class Fighter Carrier USS Braveheart NX-52285 Capt. Michael Armstrong Commanding

Scotty
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Postby Scotty » Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:43 pm

Well. I don't hate this game, but I really don't like it very much. There is some level of fun and coolness to it but the game play really is sucky. I think I am going to shelve this one until a mod comes out to fix the controls and playability. Otherwise it's the same to me as BC, nice eye candy, pretty ships and cool weapons effects but lame-ass game play and controls. I am very disappointed with this one, but glad I picked it up on the discount rack at Best Buy!

*edit*
Ok, now I offically hate this game. Going to trade it in at the Game Stop for Anything else.....
Beam this up!

Mauler85
Elite Commando
Elite Commando

Postby Mauler85 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:16 pm

Sorry to bring up an old thread but those with ST:legacy that dont know about the Ultimate Universe Mod will be somewhat surprised with it thay have added alot of stuff and in my opinion and made it much better
Bilbo: But what about the Ewoks?
Tim: Jar Jar makes the Ewoks look like *beep* Shaft!

Previous

Return to Other Star Trek Games