Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Everyone Hates Legacy

Postby teeth_03 » Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:14 am

Gordon Finlay
Elite Warrior
Elite Warrior

Postby Gordon Finlay » Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:24 am

Yes, I bought it. And yes, it sucks. I thought it was going to be as bad as Bridge Commander. Turns out its as bad as Dominion Wars.

Darth Maverick
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Postby Darth Maverick » Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:09 am

hmmmm strange i got it(not legal) and i for some reason like it, haven't played it much yet so maybe that can change.
Benvzijl.nl
E-mail: BenvZijl@xs4all.nl
MSN:Admin@BenvZijl.nl

Fox McCloud
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Fox McCloud » Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:57 pm

We can only hope mods make it better.
"Cry woe... destruction... ruin and decay.
The worst is death, and death shall have his day."[/align]

Fox McCloud
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Fox McCloud » Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:00 pm

And that since it was obviously made for the 360, that it will be better on that.

Kt'Hyla
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Postby Kt'Hyla » Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:11 pm

I wasn't planning on getting it to begin with, since I didn't have high... er, well, any hopes for it to begin with. It had 2 big strikes against it: Trek's B&B-induced bad karma, and Consolitis™. The Trek franchise started suffering about a decade ago, and the more B&B got involved, the worse is seemed to become. 21st century Trek has just been disappointing (with a few noticeable exceptions), with the gaming industry following suit, due to the creative restrictions Paramount's licensing places on game developers (hence Activision's lawsuit).

Consolitis is a term I use for cut-rate production values and developer attitudes when it comes to console games. Traditionally, due to the wide technology gap between the two, PC games were pretty lavish and complex, and console games wound up simplistic and comparatively easy to make. PC's and consoles also traditionally represented rather different audiences, with the average console user just looking for quick entertainment and the average PC gamer looking for something deeper and more involved, so game developers would develop their stories accordingly. I know many of you will take exception to this view, but bear in mind that I'm talking about the average video game player. All of you are PC gamers like me, regardless of how much you may enjoy console games, and that puts your tastes ahead of the 'average'. ;)

Anyhow, I've noticed that many game developers have gotten used to just slapping out lower-quality games as if they were making them for older consoles, despite the closing of the tech gap between PCs and gaming boxes. It's following suit with the steady decline in the average Hollyweed production, with scripts made by committee rather than writing teams.

Barring a major revolution in the gaming industry, we will never see another commercially-produced KA, since many gaming houses are simply going with the lowest common denominator, and the constraints of the corporate mentality of the Trek franchise. Trek films and games are not likely to improve until the franchise is sold to a creative entity capable of actually developing stories without Trek's traditional creative constraints.

KA.com Modding FAQ.......KA.com Modding Tutorials

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

WillDavidge
Warrior
Warrior

Postby WillDavidge » Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:54 am

true true. they said it was going to be the best trek game yet, but they said the same thing about New Worlds and Shattered Universe, both of which sucked a$$.
"Throw one at me if you want hash head! I've got all five senses and I slept last night, that puts me five up on the lot of you!"

Pilot Willis J. Davidge
BTA Flyer
Fortress Class Fighter Carrier USS Braveheart NX-52285 Capt. Michael Armstrong Commanding

RacerX
Commander
Commander

Postby RacerX » Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:31 am

mmm that is so good it diserves a big "I TOLD YOU SO" on their forums :)

saucer_section
Major General
Major General

Postby saucer_section » Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:19 am

I:ve played this for about an hour tonight and bleh. It's no KA and it's more like a starfleet command or dominion wars. The graphics are nice and pretty but the contols are clumsy. So far as I can tell you can't even configure the controls. Keep in mind I'm playing a warez copy so I have no manual.
The systems you can play are fairly roomy but the quick battle sucks. 4 ships to a team and 4 teams total.

Oh I took a screenie of a cool ship I liked. It's called a poseidon class and it's an enterprise era miranda.

Fox McCloud
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Fox McCloud » Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:47 am

Mine will be "here" shortly.
But im totally banking on the 360 version. The graphics will be better and easier to control.
The PC version will be best for mods. Someone will mod hte hell out of it and make it better.

Capt. Hughes
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Capt. Hughes » Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:20 pm

Glad i pay attention to y'all. I was going to order it next payday but will now wait for the price to drop a bit. Besides, I finally ( after more than 2 years) got KA to work again!! ( Has adrink--Dances Jig.......... (after a full system rebuild ;) I forgot what a PUNK jaJek is, what a cry baby. It was fun to toast his sorry ass again. Yeah, I remember that the first time it's not really him, But it's the thought that counts. can't wait to get home to play some more.kA, The best TREK GAME EVER CREATED. with elite force coming in a close second.
Be excellent to each other
and
Party on dudes! :D

KAAF LtGen Ex Malterra
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Postby KAAF LtGen Ex Malterra » Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:55 pm

the manual sux. pretty grafix. i'm tired of pros/cons to be honset, just like i'm tired of trying to like the game. i tell you one thing though, there are some sure enough psycho fanboys on the legacy forum. those cats are scary man, i bet they're carving "legacy forever" into their forheads with broken bottles.

meh, i dunno if it's the worst trek game made but it's not even in the top 10 best trek games.

Mauler85
Elite Commando
Elite Commando

Postby Mauler85 » Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:50 pm

I dont think its the top 10 either but its not as bad as everyone is saying you just really have to get used to the controls they really were made for Console lol

and were not weird for giving ourselfs cuts I LOVE STAR TREK

STAR TREK LEGACY FOREVER!!!!!!!!

:p
Bilbo: But what about the Ewoks?
Tim: Jar Jar makes the Ewoks look like *beep* Shaft!

strekship
Colonel
Colonel

Postby strekship » Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:14 am

It doesn't look that bad. I might pick it up.

KAAF LtGen Ex Malterra
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Postby KAAF LtGen Ex Malterra » Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:01 am

i played it a little tonight and it was ok. i feel different about it every time i play it. meh.

Fox McCloud
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Fox McCloud » Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:48 pm

The modders will no doubt fix the game.
I bet it plays far better on the 360 than on PC.

Scotty
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Postby Scotty » Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:48 pm

Well, I asked Santa to put it under the tree for me so I'll just have to see how it goes. Any game is subjective, some people will hate it and others will love it. I will reserve my opinion until I actually can play the game.
Beam this up!

saucer_section
Major General
Major General

Postby saucer_section » Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:36 pm

The game would be much better if I could play it with my PSX contoller

Joshmaul
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Postby Joshmaul » Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:20 pm

Scotty wrote:Well, I asked Santa to put it under the tree for me so I'll just have to see how it goes. Any game is subjective, some people will hate it and others will love it. I will reserve my opinion until I actually can play the game.

That is my opinion as well; like the new content in World of Warcraft (allowing Horde to have paladins and Alliance to have shamans in the expansion), I said I wanted to try it before I knocked it. I'm in the process of trying it at the moment, and I love what I see so far.

Legacy looks good, but I hope - to me, anyway - there is more to it than the looks. I'm gonna try it out first before I decide whether to use it as a video game or as a drink coaster.

-Joshmaul

WillDavidge
Warrior
Warrior

Postby WillDavidge » Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:16 pm

screw it. they just need to come out with SFA 2. give me the Agincourt and the Tempest any day.
"Throw one at me if you want hash head! I've got all five senses and I slept last night, that puts me five up on the lot of you!"

Pilot Willis J. Davidge
BTA Flyer
Fortress Class Fighter Carrier USS Braveheart NX-52285 Capt. Michael Armstrong Commanding

Next

Return to Other Star Trek Games