DS9 The Fallen

Mauler85
Elite Commando
Elite Commando

DS9 The Fallen

Postby Mauler85 » Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:55 pm

Anyone know of any mods for this game
Bilbo: But what about the Ewoks?
Tim: Jar Jar makes the Ewoks look like *beep* Shaft!

Mauler85
Elite Commando
Elite Commando

Postby Mauler85 » Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:45 am

plz if anyone knows let me know
Bilbo: But what about the Ewoks?
Tim: Jar Jar makes the Ewoks look like *beep* Shaft!

strekship
Colonel
Colonel

Postby strekship » Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:37 am

I have never seen any, but it was a good game. I think it was based off of the QIII engine.

Reinhardt
Warrior Recruit
Warrior Recruit

Postby Reinhardt » Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:49 am

Well actually it is the Unreal engine for the Original Unreal release.

As for mods I have only found one, I was thinking of making my own with enhanced textures but I could never get the game to accept any of the changes I did.

Here's the only mod I know of and its still not yet finished, it is being done by one of the original game designers.

Star Trek: Convergance

Happy Trekking,
Sam Reinhardt

strekship
Colonel
Colonel

Postby strekship » Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:18 am

Reinhardt wrote:Well actually it is the Unreal engine for the Original Unreal release.

As for mods I have only found one, I was thinking of making my own with enhanced textures but I could never get the game to accept any of the changes I did.

Here's the only mod I know of and its still not yet finished, it is being done by one of the original game designers.

Star Trek: Convergance

Happy Trekking,
Sam Reinhardt
Oops. I got my engines confused. Its EF that Q3 based.

Poqk Ter
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Poqk Ter » Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:37 am

The Fallen utilized added features to the unreal engine, those added features ended up in the latest unreal engines, so we can thank them for that(a st game setting a new direction?).

Unfortunately, because of the added codeing, the game was found to be un-modable. Very dissapointing to the small comunity that played it, I remember the Devs being confused why there were no mods in the early days... wich they later found that the added code made it almost impossible.

Non-multiplay and the lack of a modding comunity quickly killed this game, Though it is a great story... the only lasting imprint that game made was that it's elite features such as mouth movement and blinking, shadowing and much more was developed into the newer unreal engines, So this game made an impact.. just not where it should have been.
Founder of the KAAF
"... If a Klingon does not fight, He does not breathe ..."

Return to Other Star Trek Games