Hardwar

teeth_03
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Hardwar

Postby teeth_03 » Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:16 pm

not a Star Trek game,but I'd figure I'd post is here

I found this game on the internet and I find it kinda fun.Surprisingly enuf,it was made by Interplay,and the other producers of the game are out of business.

But the game can be downloaded,I made a sticky on my clan forums with the direct links to the files and has instructions to install.

The game itself is kinda hard to describe,I think the closest game I could think of would be Freelancer(altho I dont have it).You fly around this barely inhabitable moon ,with settlements in craters,and tunnels between each crater(since you cant fly over the crater walls).You can choose to be a Trader,Scavenger,Bounty Hunter,Crooked cop and a few other things.The combat in the game is pretty good,and I think the best part of the game is you get to manufacture stuff in your own hangars.

heres a page for screenys http://zedo.hardwar.org.uk/hammergallery.htm
and the link to DL it http://legionofchaos.12.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=20

plz note that the downloaded version dosent have the videos needed for the plot missions,but you can still play them. There is an ISO for the full game to be put on 2 discs if anyone is interested,I'll post the link if you are.

Darth Maverick
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Postby Darth Maverick » Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:22 pm

looks like a cool game :D
Benvzijl.nl
E-mail: BenvZijl@xs4all.nl
MSN:Admin@BenvZijl.nl

Fox McCloud
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Fox McCloud » Fri Jul 01, 2005 10:45 pm

looks intrigingly related to the ka engine
"Cry woe... destruction... ruin and decay.
The worst is death, and death shall have his day."[/align]

saucer_section
Major General
Major General

Postby saucer_section » Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:52 am

Looks as bad as new worlds..

1DeadlySAMURAI
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Postby 1DeadlySAMURAI » Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:01 am

sweet

now post the link to the full game ISO's. ;)

teeth_03
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Postby teeth_03 » Sat Jul 09, 2005 1:50 am

first off,its barely,if anything,like New Worlds. This game has a lot to do with economics,you gotta find ways to make money,like I said before,you can trade,scavenge cargo(also a thin line between this and Pirating,which you can also do),killing wanted Pirates gives you money from the Donut eating pigs (Police),but the best way to make money to make stuff in your own hangar and sell it at the right places.You can recruit "Thugs" to pilot ships to do your bidding for you(very stupid AI tho),plus ya gotta give them commands thru a cmd line interface.

You can re-skin anything in the game,also I'm not sure about re-model work.The patched game looks pretty good,compared to stock game(patched game allows for 32 bit textures).

About the combat,theres about 10-12 different missiles,all do different things(IE: Swarms are Multiwarhead,Leaches steal power,and the Groundbases pull your enemy to the ground).4 different types of lasers.Theres 7 different ships(called "moths"),all with different capabilities,(like different number of weapon bays,theres no moths that cant hold a certain type of weapon,just a certain number of different weapons,but the limit on missiles is always 20 per type.)

That there is a good explanation of the game.

About the ISO...the site I saw the link to the ISO no longer has it now,so I'm gonna have to look a little more for it.

Return to Other Star Trek Games