Star Trek MMORPG

Star Trek MMORPG

Postby HG-Diablo » Thu Apr 28, 2005 5:54 am

"They invade our space and we fall back. They assimalate entire worlds and we fall back. Not again the line must be drawn here. This far no farther. And I will make them pay for what they've done." - Captain Jean-Luc Picard- Star Trek First COntact

We are the Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to survice us. Resistance is futile."-The Borg.

Postby Hudge » Thu Apr 28, 2005 1:05 pm

Yeah, thats pretty old news though (9/07/04 on the article). Basically from some new intervies I have read, their goal is a cross between Bridge Commander and Elite Force, which imo, is the set up for a perfect game. Starship action is BC style (except instead of lame AI for the stations, a human player mans each station), while away missions and boarding parties are Elite Force style.

Its a few years off though sadly

Geppetto: Oh no, I dropped my glasses.
Geppetto: By the way, Pinocchio, there was a cookie missing from the jar, did you take it by any chance?
Pinocchio: Yes Papa Geppetto, I'm sorry.
Geppetto: Are you sure you took it? Because I'd believe you if you said you didn't
Pinocchio: No I took it Papa. I wouldn't lie to you.
Geppetto: You could try. Who knows, you might get away with it.

Postby strekship » Mon May 09, 2005 6:25 am

It will probably cost like $50/month though.

Poqk Ter

Postby Poqk Ter » Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:49 am

more like 14 dollars a month, thats the going rate for all MMOG's. Recently they got Michael Okuda on the dev team so this game has just gotten better with that addition
Founder of the KAAF
"... If a Klingon does not fight, He does not breathe ..."

Warrior Recruit
Warrior Recruit

Postby Hash » Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:09 am

Well even so if they do make a MMORPG... It should be close to Star Wars Galaxies... Like be on land as a person and also fly a ship in space. I mean if there just gona be a person on a planet and such, just buy Star Wars Galaxies... you can fight on land and fly in space.

I for one would like a MMORPG on Star Trek done right, something that would BLOW away SWG... I like the timeline based on TNG, DS9 and Voyager. But if theres no space, then its a waste of time as quoted

"It will follow a person, not a ship, although Perpetual has not decided whether or not it will be from a third- or first-person perspective."

Return to Other Star Trek Games