Star Trek Starship Creator Warp 2

Halcyon
Commander
Commander

Star Trek Starship Creator Warp 2

Postby Halcyon » Sun Aug 10, 2003 11:32 am

I got this game while i still had Windows 98 and it worked on my old comp....and I got the urge to play it again installed it on my new one which has XP Home on it....well it installed alright but when I go to play it it says it can't find the CD even though its in the drive....does anyone have any idea of whats wrong...I think it has something to do with confusing my cd-rw drive and my dvd-rom drive....my cd-rw drive is E and my dvd-rom drive is F....does anyone think that might be the problem...or does anyone have a solution. Thanks, Halcyon.

BBird
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby BBird » Sun Aug 10, 2003 12:47 pm

Could be that the CD is not programmed to accept any other CD Drives than D:
I know that was a problem with some older games I had. Especially since my CD drive was E:. I had to go and edit one of the files which search for the CD and change the D: to E:.

Halcyon
Commander
Commander

Postby Halcyon » Sun Aug 10, 2003 1:07 pm

what file would i have to edit and where is it?

BBird
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby BBird » Mon Aug 11, 2003 3:07 pm

I'm not sure, it depends on the game. Try going through the .ini or the .cfg files in the game folders. If you dont find it there then try changing the CD drive letter.

Halcyon
Commander
Commander

Postby Halcyon » Tue Aug 12, 2003 5:50 am

how do i change the drive letter?

BBird
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby BBird » Tue Aug 12, 2003 3:20 pm

In the controle panel you have to find that system manager I think its called. it lists all the devices on your computer. Find the CD drive, rightclick and go to properties. It should be there.

Joshmaul
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Postby Joshmaul » Tue Aug 12, 2003 7:37 pm

This is not ENTIRELY true....on my HP Pavilion, my drive was M: and it worked fine.

-J.U.

Halcyon
Commander
Commander

Postby Halcyon » Wed Aug 13, 2003 2:27 am

what operating system do you have josh?

Joshmaul
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Postby Joshmaul » Sat Aug 23, 2003 4:39 am

On the Pavilion, I had WinME. On this (Dell), I have XP. (Which is being a pain in my ass when running KA!)

WillDavidge
Warrior
Warrior

Postby WillDavidge » Thu Dec 18, 2003 10:12 pm

Dude, I don't know that I'd even bother with that game. It's only really good purpose is building ships to use in Dominion Wars. You really can't do anything with it other than that. It's not very fun.
"Throw one at me if you want hash head! I've got all five senses and I slept last night, that puts me five up on the lot of you!"

Pilot Willis J. Davidge
BTA Flyer
Fortress Class Fighter Carrier USS Braveheart NX-52285 Capt. Michael Armstrong Commanding

mhs7603
Warrior Recruit
Warrior Recruit

Postby mhs7603 » Sat May 15, 2004 11:11 am

Is it any better than the origonal ?

I had the origonal and was sorley disapointed.
mnhei'sahe

SporkOfTheApocalypse
Captain
Captain

Postby SporkOfTheApocalypse » Sun May 30, 2004 5:53 am

The main problem here is that you want to play it at all. Go see a shrink. :p

Fek'leyr Targ
Warrior Recruit
Warrior Recruit

Postby Fek'leyr Targ » Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:10 pm

I have following problem: In the fleet setup screen I select a ship, press "export" and then "export to dominion wars" and then a menu appears with the ship and the captain. I press "import" in this menu and get back to the fleet setup screen. Then I check Dominion Wars and press "allow Starship Creator Ships" and check the selection screen and the ships, I can't find my ships or captains.
For some months, I've asked the DW expert on STGU, yochenhsieh, and followed his instructions. Nothing happened. I have the british version of DW with the unofficial 1.06 patch by USS Metaloid and both SCW2 and DW are placed on drive I: (my external HD)
yochenhsieh's instructions were:
Originally Posted by KlingonWarrior
Hi Yochensieh,
It's really sad that it didn't work today. Do you have knowledge in DW modding? If yes, can you tell me how I can add the ships on http://www.geocities.com/ussmetaloid/special.html and the other Warp2 ships into Dominion Wars? And do you know, how I can import Ships in Starship Creator Warp 2
into Dominion Wars? In wich directory has DW to be installed?

KlingonWarrior
Just place the files in "C:\Windows\System\Warp2prf" and you can use the ships in DW. If you have Starship Creator Warp2, it will export ships and captains(txt and jpg files) to "C:\Windows\System32\Warp2prf" in WinXP. So you need to copy files to correct folder maually.

Only Galaxy, Defiant, Akira, and B'rel can be export from Warp2 and used in DW. There's not much you can do about this feature. Though it's really fun if you want to see the photo of yourself as captain and command ships in DW.

And a trick if you want to play SCW2 on XP:
Copy the contents on your CD into your harddrive and excetute the warp2.exe file on you HD. Don't set compartibility mode or it won't start!
You are obvious outmachted. Why not surrender and save us time?
German:Sie sind offensichtlich der unterlegene.Warum geben sie nicht auf und sparen uns Zeit?

Return to Other Star Trek Games