Wasn't there a Starfleet Academy on the Mega Drive/Genesis once?

Gareth
Major
Major

Wasn't there a Starfleet Academy on the Mega Drive/Genesis once?

Postby Gareth » Wed Sep 05, 2001 9:19 pm

I heard that there was one, and it was actually set in the TNG era!
Forgive me if i'm wrong though, as i've never seen it anywhere before!
Borg Queen: "we bring chaos... into order"

Seven: "comforting words, use them next time instead of 'resistance is futile', you may enlicit a few volunteers"

John
Chancellor
Chancellor

Postby John » Wed Sep 05, 2001 10:36 pm

Starfleet Academy was on the SNES. There were a few trek games for the sega systems I think.
I'm telling you Teal'C if we don't find a way out of this soon I'm gonna loose it. Loose it, it means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, 3 fries short of a happy meal, WHACKO!

Challon
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Postby Challon » Wed Sep 05, 2001 10:58 pm

I only know of two Star Trek Sega games. Echoes From the Past (TNG) and some Deep Space Nine game... forget the name... it was a pain in the a$$ to play.
AIM = Good Knight JB

Quantum Singularity
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Postby Quantum Singularity » Wed Sep 05, 2001 11:00 pm

yea, i've never seen it, alls i know is that Genesis DS9 game was an @$$ to play. U walked left and right, jumped up or down on one plane. It wasn't like a 1st person game where u are behind them or like James Bond, it was really $hitty.

nlpro
Warrior Recruit
Warrior Recruit

Postby nlpro » Mon Oct 08, 2001 6:02 pm

there was a star trek academy game for the genesis 32x. the 32x was an addon for the genesis giveing it some 32bit 3d powers the the st academy game was one of about 3 good games for it .i know i have them all :) i will try and post a pic of the box of the game. i have been told that this game is extreamly rare Image

nlpro
Warrior Recruit
Warrior Recruit

Postby nlpro » Mon Oct 08, 2001 6:04 pm

i will try the pic agin if you cant see then go to this url to see it
nlpro.tripod.com/stpic.JPG

Deth1977
General
General

Location: Sol system, 3rd planet, North American continent,Los Angeles.

Postby Deth1977 » Mon Oct 08, 2001 11:35 pm

I have heard of a tng version of SFA for a console but I have never seen any proof of it.
BUSY BUSY BUSY!!!!!!!!!!!

DutchDevL
Warrior Recruit
Warrior Recruit

Postby DutchDevL » Thu Nov 01, 2001 5:07 pm

NM, aboutthe earlier post. as far as i know there is no Starfleet Academy TNG for the SNES nor the Megadrive.. There were like mentioned earlier TNG games (for Megadrive called Echoes From The Past, while on the SNES I believed it was called Futures past).

There is also a DS 9 game for the SNES, which really isn't that bad for the SNES to be honest. and It also ahd a really cool level where Sisko got a flashback to the Saratoga.. that was prolly the best level that game had :)
The 'oldest' enisgn on the KA board

imzadi1
Warrior Recruit
Warrior Recruit

I've played these games.

Postby imzadi1 » Fri May 13, 2005 2:34 am

undefinedundefinedundefined
I own and have played the Star Trek: TNG game for SNES, and I also have the Star Trek: DS9 Crossroads in Time and the Starfleet Academy games as well. I like the first two a lot, :) but I have not played the Academy one as much as the others. All three were for the Super Nintendo system.
In playing the first two games, I found it helpful to get a walkthrough from the internet about the Star Trek: TNG game. It had specific details to help me play the game easier. However, when I went online to find a detailed walkthrough for the Star Trek: DS9 game, they had two different walkthroughs, but they weren't as specific. :( They just talked in general terms about the game as a whole, not using specific strategies, techniques, etc.
I have had some trouble on a few of the boards in this game, but I can't find anyone who has played the came recently enough to help me. Is there anyone here that has played the game and can help me?

In Christ,
Shirley Pauli

strekship
Colonel
Colonel

Postby strekship » Mon May 16, 2005 3:54 am

I think i might have the ROMs for some of those games.

Star-Dragon
Elite Warrior
Elite Warrior

Location: EDF Avenger station at Mobile Space Fortress Xanadu

Omg

Postby Star-Dragon » Mon May 16, 2005 10:24 am

I remember that game... A friend had the Super NES and I got or rented the game. The best part was the last mission. If I remember right you flew either a Connie or an Excelsior against a mystery ship in the nebula, it was a freaking GALAXY class!!!! I BEAT IT! Damn hard too... Man that takes me back.
"Don't think of it as being outnumbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

Capt. Hughes
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Capt. Hughes » Wed May 18, 2005 8:54 pm

I actually have Starfleet Academy and the Chekov's lost missions expansion pack for the PC. It had more 'choose your own adventure' type cinematic play than KA does. ( kinda like those Simon & Shuster movie games Borg and Klingon (which was fun)
I was thinking about reloading it and replaying as well since KA is running good on my system again. I've graduated from the academy and have completed my 2nd mission for the general. I think I'm on mission 14, disk 4 :cool:

T

Poqk Ter
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Poqk Ter » Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:46 am

Echoes Past is basicly the same story arc as the pc game " a Finnal Unity" the game was fun but hard, the hard part was all the damn puzzles.
Founder of the KAAF
"... If a Klingon does not fight, He does not breathe ..."

Fox McCloud
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Fox McCloud » Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:13 am

Wow.
Just wow.
A 4 year old thread.
"Cry woe... destruction... ruin and decay.
The worst is death, and death shall have his day."[/align]

Poqk Ter
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Poqk Ter » Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:23 am

yeah, funny how they get dug up every once in a while.
Founder of the KAAF
"... If a Klingon does not fight, He does not breathe ..."

Star-Dragon
Elite Warrior
Elite Warrior

Location: EDF Avenger station at Mobile Space Fortress Xanadu

Postby Star-Dragon » Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:45 pm

Heh, I may only check in every few months but I'm not that bad (just blinded, double cataracts)... Imzadi1 did it, lol , we just went along for the ride...
"Don't think of it as being outnumbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

Return to Other Star Trek Games