Federation Tactical Destroyer concept.

RustiSwordz
Warrior
Warrior

Federation Tactical Destroyer concept.

Postby RustiSwordz » Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:58 pm

http://www.deviantart.com/view/34970228/

:D Modders will love this one me thinks. :)

Comments welcome.

background: USS Blackcat is a destroyer sized ship of war designed to plug the gaps left behind by the Miranda class vessels which were destroyed en mass during the Dominion War. The brief was simple. A fast attack ship, with the best weapons, shields, armour, speed, turn rate and survivabillity the Federation could produce in a mediun sized vessel.

This ship boasts: Primary and secondary regenerative shields both poleron and EMP dampening resistant, primary and secondary impulse engines. Triple thick ablative hull armour. X4 meduin forward pulse phasers, x2 aft. 10 torpedo launchers, 6 in torpedo tactical pod the rest in the hull 2 fore/ 2 aft both quantum torpedo capable. And the usual array of type 10 beam phasers. Cloaking device.

In a live fire trial the Blackcat attacked and destroyed 3 Miranda drone ships engaging two at once and destroying the third as it fled.

The warp engines are like the intrepid class with a multi aspect tilt mode to make the engines more efficient for warp travel whiole tucking them down out of the way during battle. Its rumoured the ship can still achive warp 8 and hold it even when one nacelle and the 'roll bar' is shot off.

10 years after the Dominion war and Borg invasion the Alpha Quadrant is a mess. The romulan empire is devided after the Reman uprisings which left the Romulan Senate dead. Praetor Donatra is having a hard time trying to stop the empire collapsing due to Reman terrorism. The Breen have attacked Federation outposts near their space refusing the surrender order by the Dominion. However the biggest flashpoint is between two of the older races, the Tholians and the Gorn. A narroe stretch of space with hundreds of rich resourse worlds lay between these two agressive powers, however the area was once heavily patrolled by klingon and federal ships that also have colonies here. However the dominion war forced the Allies to pull many of their forces out of the area. And the tholians and gorn see their chance.

Darth Raven
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Postby Darth Raven » Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:52 am

Seems cool, but amazingly unbalanced. That thing could probably take on a Sov using the right tactics.

Sorry, but it's -too- strong m8 (IMHO).
( [email="raven808" [@] gmail [.] com] | My Klingon Academy Mods )

RCgothic
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Postby RCgothic » Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:54 am

I'm not a huge fan of the ship design, about the only idea I think is good is the intrepid nacelles that fold away so as to keep them out of the way of incoming fire.
RCgothic

RustiSwordz
Warrior
Warrior

Postby RustiSwordz » Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:34 am

ok fair enough.

sd100ac
Colonel
Colonel

Postby sd100ac » Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:04 pm

I dunno, I'm quite a fan of the design, Rusti! I'll give Raven the overpowered comment, but then again, who is he to talk? :P

But as I said, the design is very nice, I like the non-canon shape of the torpedo pod, adds alot of aggresiveness to the ship, something Federation ships tend to lack.

And BTW, don't let a little criticism get you down, everybody is always going to complain about something, lol.
Email - sd100ac@hotmail.com
MSN - [email]sd100ac@hotmail[/email]
AIM - sd100ac
USS Defiant
USS Majestic
Peregrine Fighter
Naboo Fighter

RustiSwordz
Warrior
Warrior

Postby RustiSwordz » Tue Jun 20, 2006 1:15 pm

My attitude is behind the design is simple. The Feds got their arses kicked, they lost thousands of ships millions of lives empire wide. Apart from the defiant and Akira they dont have a dedicated millitary machine. A 'Naval' wing. My aim was to design the nastiest most brutal weapons platform the Feds could build in a smallish package.

fact is the Feds are a bunch of wussy liberal hand wringers and they got their arses kicked because of their liberal views. Yesa they won, but at what cost. The alpha quadrant is a mess for years to come (id love to see a series set among the turmoil of the wars aftermath) how long will it be before someoneelse takes advantage of the mess left behind.

Return to Star Trek Fan Fiction