Lookin for a project partner.

Zoom
Major
Major

Lookin for a project partner.

Postby Zoom » Sat Feb 07, 2004 8:13 pm

Ok here's the pitch.

I'm looking for a writing partner to do a few short stories or more. I guess it depends on how it goes. My writing skills are pretty poor but I am a great idea man.

My idea center's around a space pirate with a really powerful starship. The story exists in a time when Earth has been cut off from its colonies by a superior alliance of alien beings. The fate of Earth is now unknown to the colonies. The colonies have been left relatively alone but with alien guideline to obey, or they will suffer the consequences. The colonies follow many old Earth factional lines like Northern Bloc, Eastern Bloc.

Trade and the struggle for resources is very significant. Pirates are imployed by various factions to raid the resources of other factions. They do this for survival, economic, political and even for revenge.

Our pirate hero/antihero has his own agenda, and knows more about the aliens than anybody else does.

I have laid some ground work down but as I said I am not a great writer. If anyone is interested pm or email me.

White Tiger
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Postby White Tiger » Thu Feb 12, 2004 8:36 pm

Too busy ...sorry
http://www.whitetiger.ca/
Hatred ever kills, love never dies such is the vast difference between the two. What is obtained by love is retained for all time. What is obtained by hatred proves a burden in reality for it increases hatred.
M.Ghandi.

Zoom
Major
Major

Postby Zoom » Fri Feb 13, 2004 3:33 am

Originally posted by White Tiger
Too busy ...sorry

No problem I understand, and frankly I am honoured that you even considered. I have read your story "Tears of Creation". I had to read it all last week . I could not get enough.

I will watch the post for another week or too, after that I will shelf the project for now. In the meantime I hope to start with something a little smaller in scope.

Thanks again.

Ultimate_Spok
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Postby Ultimate_Spok » Fri Feb 13, 2004 2:16 pm

Well, I am in kinda the same position as you. Just write down the "big lines" or whatever you call it, about what is it, what happens. And then start to fill in the gaps, add more on the way....good luck!
-Nobody tries it on with my dwarf-

me_eeli@hotmail.com

Star-Dragon
Elite Warrior
Elite Warrior

Location: EDF Avenger station at Mobile Space Fortress Xanadu

hmm

Postby Star-Dragon » Wed Feb 18, 2004 2:11 am

Sounds like a job for Captain Harlock! Lay down a little space pirate wrath...
"Don't think of it as being outnumbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

Return to Star Trek Fan Fiction