enterprise enterprise enterprise

Gul_Dukat_Scotland
Captain
Captain

enterprise enterprise enterprise

Postby Gul_Dukat_Scotland » Fri Mar 07, 2003 12:23 am

Just moved flat so I'm afraid I couldn't find my Star Trek Cronology so my info may not be 100% correct.

BUT! enterprise is set in the 22nd century correct? around 2163? now according to the Trek timline isn't Earth supposed to be in a 100 years war with the Romulans in the 2160s?

and what about the other ships of the time. The SS Valiant made it to the edge of the galaxy in the 2130s or something, yet NX-01 is supposed to be the only earth ship to go anywhere and do anything.

And where the hell are all those Deadales (can't spell) class ships?

Don't get me wrong, I like enterprise! its got a good bit of banter in it. But I feel if you're gonna make a prequeal do a bit of research! Maybe Brannon and Bragga should buy a copy of the Star Trek Cronology or I could lend them mine (if I find it) :)

But hey! thats life!

I'm sure you've all noticed a few things in this 5th series that don't add up with the other 4.

one more thing will we see the formation of the UFP in the series? for I don't think its plausable what with all this human/vulcan strife that the show loves to shove in our faces! Having said that a good thing about human vulcan mistrust explains good ol Dr McCoy's banter! :)

Well best be off Red Dwarf just came on BBC!

Oh yea! RANK PIPS and not sleeve ingsignia! whats with that?? ah who cares! :p

KAAF MacCoy
Major General
Major General

Postby KAAF MacCoy » Fri Mar 07, 2003 12:53 am

I think we should burn B&B at the stake for their crimes against the Trek Timeline.
John D. MacCoy
There can only be one.

Hudge
General
General

Postby Hudge » Fri Mar 07, 2003 4:57 am

You call yourself a trekkie? You dont know where the Sleeve Ranks are from??? omg...... they are from TOS.

Earth was never in a 100 year war, the Romulan war was only a few years

The Valiant is not being in is not important in the scheme of things, plus it takes away from the fact that they want to say the Enterprise is the first one to go out that far.

The Dadaleus ships were probably erased from history due to First Contact. Cochrane saw the Enterprise-E and based his advanced starship on that, notice how from a bottom view, the Sov and NX look almost the same

They changed it, because they have a Creative Lisecne. The show would be boring as hell if they followed every piece of trek history.

The formation of the UFP is slowly making its baby steps. Enterprise is becoming the standard Fed ship. Humans are slowly being recognized as a voice in the galaxy. Archer has heard of the "Federation" when he was in the future, my guess would be it actually forms in Season 3 or 4.]

While the humans and vulcans dont really still see eye to eye, they seem to be getting along better.

The last 4 episodes of Enterprise have been Awesome! I must commend the writers of those episodes for a job well done. I mean, all trek shows have had continuity problems (ie phasers at warp). Im giving enterprise another chance, so far they are doing great.

Geppetto: Oh no, I dropped my glasses.
Geppetto: By the way, Pinocchio, there was a cookie missing from the jar, did you take it by any chance?
Pinocchio: Yes Papa Geppetto, I'm sorry.
Geppetto: Are you sure you took it? Because I'd believe you if you said you didn't
Pinocchio: No I took it Papa. I wouldn't lie to you.
Geppetto: You could try. Who knows, you might get away with it.

Gul_Dukat_Scotland
Captain
Captain

Postby Gul_Dukat_Scotland » Fri Mar 07, 2003 9:33 am

yes i knew the rank sleeves came from TOS and that was my point! why is enterprise rank more like TNG than TOS? thats all!

oh well i'm gonna wish archer and his crew all the best! god speed!

P.S. why does T'pol always look like she's just smelled dog sh*t? i know humans stink, but there's no need for that facial expression!
:)

RCgothic
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Postby RCgothic » Fri Mar 07, 2003 3:08 pm

I know I'm probably alone, but I think T'pol is a right munter, and if they must have someone for archer to have tension with (:rolleyes:) they could have at least picked someone fit.

Out of Archer, Trip, Reed, Mayweather, Hoshi and T'pol, the only charactor I like is Mayweather. The rest just seem stuck up or weird.

(Well, everyone apart from Hoshi is stuck up, and she's just weird)

Quite like that girl from engineering though.

If I had a quatum topedo launcher, a good shot and a solid place to stand, I'd be the first to take out Enterprise.
RCgothic

Gul_Dukat_Scotland
Captain
Captain

Postby Gul_Dukat_Scotland » Sat Mar 08, 2003 12:30 pm

I don't like T'pol either! bit of a ming! Its as if her costume was designed by a 13 year old adolesent boy! Voyager lost some ratings so B&B threw in some borg tits, so to avoid that in enterprise they started off with a vulcan pair! :) but i suppose one shouldn't complain. ;) But the whole her and archer tension thing! *cringe!!*

Hoshi is nae bad! ensign cuttler is alright aswell (she fancy's phlox!)

Crew wise like reed the best! he'd have tucker "taken out and shot" the banter between that pair his funny as smeg!!

Cap_Picard
Warrior Recruit
Warrior Recruit

Postby Cap_Picard » Sat Apr 12, 2003 2:03 pm

Enterprise is full of mistakes.
According to TNG, the first contact with the klingons caused a war of decades.
Ent-D was the first to EVER see a ferengi face. (first season)
The Federation wasnt abble to understand klingon. they had to learn the federation language. The klingon language was "translated" only after movie 3 when they capture the BoP.
On the first episode the say "9 years ago" and 5 minutes later "32 years ago".

Enterprise is a great show, but dont "walk" with the others.
Cap_Picard

Joshmaul
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Postby Joshmaul » Sun Apr 13, 2003 10:13 pm

B&B TREK SCREW-UP SHIT:

Enterprise is based in 2151-2158 (unless it bombs before seven seasons - which I hope it does! - because all the other shows after TOS went for seven seasons).

The Klingons and the Ferengi, races not to be encountered by humanity for years (in the case of the Ferengi, about two CENTURIES), were encountered by the Enterprise crew. I have also heard rumors that the Borg were also involved in an episode.

The NX-01 is an Akira variant that looks too advanced for that era because the Enterprise-E went back in time - and Cochrane caught it in his telescope.

GENERALLY-ACCEPTED FAN INFO:

First contact with Vulcan was initiated by Zefram Cochrane's first warp flight in 2063, and the Borg - or Berman and Braga - did NOT screw around with the timeline. However, there are several theories brought up by the books, particularly "Spock's World", where Spock said that a U.N. starship rescued an adrift Vulcan spacecraft in Sol System in 2065, two years after the generally accepted date of 2063.

The Romulan War started in 2157 and ended in a Romulan surrender in 2161.

The United Federation of Planets was founded in 2161.

The Daedalus was developed around the same time as the founding of the UFP. The last one was presumably launched in the 2190s.

The Federation encountered the Klingons in 2218 and battled until somewhere in the 2240s. ("The Battle of Donatu-5 was fought near here 23 solar years ago, inconclusive." -Spock, "The Trouble with Tribbles". I think this was second or third season, placing it between 2267 and 2269.) The battle resulted in a neutral zone being placed between the UFP and the Klingon Empire, much like the Romulan Neutral Zone in 2161.

The Ferengi were encountered by the Enterprise-D in the 2360s.

The Borg were encountered in that same time period, again by the Enterprise-D, though they appeared much earlier in time and were responsible for destroying the El-Aurian homeworld.

-Joshmaul

Return to Star Trek Fan Fiction