Ships

Senator
Brigadier
Brigadier

Postby Senator » Sat Feb 22, 2003 1:32 am

I couldn't resist to nitpick:;)

...Pulse move at faster than light(FTL) speeds...

A solid thing moving faster than light? Uh... Perchaps beign accelerated to those speeds but without any special -dimension playing- it would also aquire more mass.... and need more energy...and aquire more mass...and this never finishes.

Tachyons in theory are particles that move faster than light (and perchaps in reverse through time). Granted, but they accomplish this by not having any mass at all. So even if something grapped them like a Tachyon sail, it wouldn't provide any acceleration at all.

...advanced energy absorption materials ...

Well if this was the case... then it must be absorbing ALL the energy it receives! This would superheat it with the obvious results, even if it didn't melt by itself soon it would reach the temperature of the firing weapon and do damage to the hull itself. What it needs is actually reflecting materials. Allowing every time only a 10% or less of the incoming power to pass (through heat again probably) in order to be transformed (why I imagine large water pipes under the armor beign heaten and moving through turbines while also cooling the armor?) in other forms of energy for the ship's usuage as you write...

even Fusion and Matter-Antimatter energy

With Anti-Matter/Matter energy I hope you mean weapons like the so widely used, magnetic tube diode projected field while matter antimatter is cobined inside the projector/finally releasing all the energy in one diretion (inside the tube), otherwise antimatter would interact with the armor destroying it.

Oh... I think I got the Bug.
Do you draw at all by the way? (Pencil, not anything fancy)

Chaos Marine
Captain
Captain

Postby Chaos Marine » Mon Feb 24, 2003 10:15 pm

How can you compare today's theories with tomorrow's? Example, until Columbus sailed to America everyone believed the Earth was flat. Sci-Fi- example, in B5(sorry for using this) EA, Narn etc can't make ships under 500 metres in length form a jumpgate, the white star, which is slighlty larger than the Defiant can open a jumppoint. I d like to draw but i prefere using technical drawing tools like set-squares etc, although I can do a pretty good freehand of an AH-64D Longbow Apache.

Senator
Brigadier
Brigadier

Postby Senator » Thu Feb 27, 2003 11:34 pm

I still think however that antimatter would get anihilated with matter if they came in contactdImage

Oh well, never mind.

By the way, you look like a fun of pen&paper Rpgs, no?

Chaos Marine
Captain
Captain

Postby Chaos Marine » Sat Mar 01, 2003 7:28 pm

By the way, you look like a fun of pen&paper Rpgs, no?

Say again?

Sofon Mini-Ion Frigate.

To the Sofon one of the first weapons systems they developed was ion weaponry. Ion weaponry is an old but tried and tested and many ionic weapons can inflict serious damage with even less power needed to fire the weapon. On the Sofon’s homeworld, Sa, there are regular ion storms which leave residual ion particles floating around the rather thin atmosphere, when these particles are present many Sofon go ion-bathing which is similar to Earth’s sunbathing. The effect on the Sofon people is deeply spiritual and they see ion technology as the play things of their gods. Just about ever aspect of their ships are ion based, coating their armour (likotite, one of their best kinetic deflective armours which also appears to have magnetic properties when an electric current is run through them or) with negatively charged ion particles increasing the negative force of the likotite meaning that many ballistic and missile weapons can be slowed down or even pushed away slightly to lessen the effectiveness of the ballistic or missile weaponry. The Sofon don’t really use fighters like many other races and instead prefer to use Frigates, Destroyers, Cruisers and Dreadnoughts.

The Sofon Mini-Ion Frigate is quite well designed so that every target no matter what position, an enemy fighter can be targeted and struck with at least one ion cannon. Because of their anti-fighter role the Mini-Ion frigates (known to many as Bug Swatters) has weak armour, only fifteen metres thick and can move at around at a whopping 2,000 KPS (Kilometres Per Second) which would be considered fast for a Combat Corvette. The powerful Ion Driver at the back of the ship outputs a steady 1.8 terajoules a second with a small patch in the middle of the Driver missing so an Aft Mini-Ion Cannon can shoot at targets behind the Bug Swatter. Although it is fast to truly be an anti-fighter design on the port, starboard, ventral and dorsal facings small 0.15 TJPS(Terajoules Per Second) Ion Drivers allow for heavy fighter class turning speeds. The Bug Swatter’s shields are also designed for anti-fighter, the shield generator outputs a high cohesion shield grid. Since many fighters lack the space for serious hard hitting weaponry many of the weapons used by fighters are ill equipped to handle high cohesion shield grids. With that said the shield grid used by the Bug Swatter has a slow recharge rate and can only output at maximum 16,000 TJPS and against capitol ships which normally use medium cohesion shield generators which are substantially cheaper than the high cohesion models. The Mini-Ion cannons can output a maximum of 350 TJPS and a minimum of 200 TJPS. The sensor Suite aboard the Bug Swatter is cannily designed for tracking fighters and especially cloaked fighters (many fighters can only use photon cloaking arrays due to the limited output of a fighter’s power reactors). Special emitters on every facing of the ship fires a hemi-sphere of a photon particles with a computer registering the path of every particle and the photons from the emitters distorts the photon cloaking arrays of the fighters.

Senator
Brigadier
Brigadier

Postby Senator » Mon Mar 03, 2003 8:30 pm

Say again?

Oh, well... never mind. You know, it's just the fact that you create so much background information about things and thoughts. What am I reffering are "games" usually taken place in Fanasy or SiFi realms, where people create a lot of background information for their characters/lands, played usually at home with good company and they can last for weeks and months. They evolve like stories/ fighting/ raising their level etc etc there are stats and rules to prevent "godmodding" and whole books to read just for "ideas", but they are not nessesary.

Chaos Marine
Captain
Captain

Postby Chaos Marine » Fri Mar 07, 2003 11:18 pm

Thanks. I'll be starting a new story very soon, i'm just letting it develop in my mind first(that's how i got the Idea for the Janik Crusade, the T.D.F. Emperor ship and a few other stories.

V_Falcon_V-WoD
Captain
Captain

Postby V_Falcon_V-WoD » Fri Jan 09, 2004 9:21 pm

History and Technical specifications.

Earth Alliance Warship Executioner

The Executioner was constructed in the latter half of 2249, entering service in 2251. The Executioner was assigned to the 3rd fleet, 2nd assault interdiction wing, serving with distinction untill her transfer in 2269 as command vessel of the Vengeance project undertaken later that same year. The Vengeance project was a partial success, though resulting in the destruction of all but the EAS Vengeance, the Executioners commanding officer survived along with only 1 member of his personal fighter squadron. 18 months After the Vengeance's return in 2270, the first "Imperial" subclass Omega Battlecarrier was completed and named Executioner in honor of the sacrifice of the Vengeance project fleet. She took part of in the second expeditionary force and served with unparralleld distintion during the second drahk war, herself accounting for the destruction of over 5,000 Raider class cutter's and the Behomoth itself. She still serves to the day of this article's writing in the 2nd fleet as CnC.

EAS Executioner (pre-rebuild):
Class: CVD*
Length: 1.74 miles
Weaponry:
2 foreward facing multi-weapon turrets (1 15.4 TW paticle beam and 1 200.8 TW plasma pulse accelerator per turret)
12 side mounted multi-wea[pon turrets (6 per side)
4 aft mounted 15.3 TW Particle beam cannons
2 foreward 12 tube fusion StS/StP missile batteries.
Launch bays:1
23 SA-33 Aurora class Starfury fighters
10 SA-60 Badger class Assault fighters
3 SA-69 Tiger MkII class Planetary asault fighters

EAS Executioner (rebuilt):
Class: BCV*
Length: 4.3 miles
Weaponry:
Identicle layout as original design, foreward turrets have a additional beam and pulse cannon added,
Launch Bays:2
25 SA-75 Thunderbolt class StS/StA Interceptor fighters
25 SA-79 Thunderbolt II class StS/StA Assault Fighters
10 SA-82 Eagle class Planetary Bomber
4 SA-90 Orca class experimental multi-purpose assault craft.

*note:
CVD stands for Carrier Vessel Destroyer
BCV stands for Battle Carrier
Paul "Darkestvorlon" Rogers
Lt. Col. KAAF Retired
Council Member IKC Retired

"A Light and love that will forever shine in the heavens. An Angel to those who knew her. The universe is a darker place without my wife Rebecca, whome I shall miss till beyond the end of time"

Previous

Return to Star Trek Fan Fiction