Repost : Complete "The Death of Tong'Ve"

Lord_Kapact
Warrior
Warrior

Repost : Complete "The Death of Tong'Ve"

Postby Lord_Kapact » Fri May 31, 2002 7:44 am

This is ancient ancient klingon history......the only ships will eventually be wooden sailing ships......but the reason i have a few odd spellings is because of ancient dialects in use.......so please read on and tell me what you think......
This is the history of the House known today as House
Abukoff. It is a proud tradition that traces lineage
back to royal blood.
We start hundreds of years ago, in the Imperial
Council Chambers, in the Kling province of Qo'noS.
This is a time when the HurQ are fresh memories for
Klingons. And Kahless is recent enough in memory to be
more a warrior than a messiah.

This my story:

The sixth day of the winter season marked the
traditional challenge. Sompek did not fear the day, as
his predecessor had. But his predecessor had, it
turned out, had something to fear that day. Sompek did
not.

The challenger announced himself, as tradition
demanded, before he entered the chambers. "I am
Korval. I would challenge you!"

"Enter, Usurper." They all knew that Kahless had
announced himself before he slew Molor. And Molor had
bid him enter.

The ancient doors swung open. Security alarms went off. A shrill noise out of place with the surroundings. A remnant of the HurQ governor who had ruled the Kling province. From behind the doors, the challenger appeared. He was Korval…an all white, albino Klingon from the port city of Tong’Ve. He held not a batlh’etlh, the traditional honor sword, but the older style of straight sword that Klingons had used under Molor and a thousand tyrants before him. “I am here to claim my rightful place upon the throne of all Kling.” Korval used the disparaging word that many had learned under the HurQ.

Sompek would not hear it. “You claim an ancient right, yet you speak in words of aliens. When we were all huddled in this small village, under the yoke of the HurQ, it was said that the city of Kling was all that remained of the Klingon Home world. They decreed Qo’noS to be a memory. Now you would bend to accede to the wishes of the vanquished?”

Korval answered with a lunge at Sompek, his straight sword swinging over his shaggy white head. The sword’s jagged edge caught Sompek’s batlh’etlh on its end. Sompek twisted right to break the lock, but Korval countered by suddenly lunging in the opposite direction.

With no resistance, Sompek was thrown of balance and crashed into a decorative pillar. As he started to get up, his left leg was hit with a startling pain. He looked down to see a throwing dagger buried in his thigh. He recognized it as the qutluch. A barbed assassin’s knife. If he tried to extract it the leg would be permanently damaged. So he left it.

Sompek pushed himself up and started across the floor to the albino. He was starting to falter just slightly. He began to think that Korval was not simply a ritual challenge. If that blade was touched with the same mild poison of most qutluch blades, then the age of Sompek and a greater Qo’noS might soon be over. Nothing is gained, Sompek thought, by early surrender. And the black fleet, sailing the seas of StoVoKor would no doubt wait for him if he somehow survived the night. On to the battle. “You fight like a running HurQ.”

Sompek advanced on Korval, who apparently had no more throwing daggers. But the albino did have his sword. And his fear. Sompek brought his batlh’etlh around in an arc. His great grandfather Tokath had instructed time and time again that he should keep both hands on his weapon at all times. And he did. One hand pulling and the other pushing, Sompek brought his batlh’etlh slamming into Korval’s midsection. Korval collapsed as lavender blood seeped out from behind broken chain mail. Korval croaked out another challenge. “The challenge is not concluded. The battle isn’t over.”

“It is.” Sompek was ready to help his would be usurper to his feet. One hand went under the albino’s arm. But Korval was not finished. He withdrew a dk’tagh and made a clumsy stab at Sompek. Sompek backhanded Korval savagely across the face. Razor studded rings left lavender blood flowing down Korval’s face. “You have satisfied tradition. Now show your Emperor the grace to acknowledge defeat.”

As he dragged Korval to the guest chambers, Sompek noted that there was no acknowledgement. No concession.

Sompek sat in the small stone-carved alcove across from his mate's ghu, or pregnancy bed. "Calm yourself, Q'tar. You will upset the child." SompeK longed for his wife, confined now to her pregnancy bed for the last month. She was a beauty to behold, wrapped in fur and sweat and a need to be active. She was also obviously angry. "It is tradition. It is the way we are meant to live. It is how we have lived since our liberation."

"It is foolish to house your enemy. He wants you dead." Q'tar's eyes grew soft for a moment. "You will not yield on this."

"No, my love. On all other things, your every wish is my utmost desire. But in this, I must preserve our customs." Sompek rose, and approached her. He leaned close and kissed her gently on the forehead. The pronounced ridges were as familiar to him as…as other more alluring features of hers denied him too long now. "I will have him guarded, my wife. And he will leave with the morning sun."

She arched an aristocratic eyebrow at him. "One of many things I look forward to, my husband."

He bowed slightly and turned to the door. Then he turned to face her again. "I long for you, Q'tar."

"And I for you."

With that, Sompek left.

Sompek awoke early. The sky was still dark. Something had awoken him. A sound, or a smell…something out of place in the quiet of the night in Kling province. He rose quickly, slipping on a leather-plated housecoat. There was still silence as he pushed open the door to his chamber. Once in the darkness, he realized that things were wrong. The honor guard assigned to his night chamber was not standing in his place. He slipped in something wet on the stone floor, and hit a thing on the floor. He landed with a thud atop…a body. His honor guard. His friend Kraalk. Sompek had slipped in a pool of blood that had been his friend. With a bellow, he ran down the hallway to his wife.

She had died horribly. Cut open and left to bleed to death slowly in her pregnancy bed. Sompek gently cradled her, aware of the tiny life that had been their child who would be dead now as well. Because he had observed a rite that another traitorous veQ had not. Someone else moved into the room behind him. He found a dk'tagh in his hand and held at the throat of the fool behind him.

"My lord." It was his caretaker…the old woman who had helped to raise him. HasRa. "My lord, she is gone. The Lady Sompek now waits for you in the seas of StoVoKor."

Sompek regarded her coldly. "I know that. I know." But he couldn't release her. "My son waits with her." He stood over Q'tar. Then he looked to the ceiling…and the sky beyond. A quiet rumbling quickly grew to a tortured howl as Sompek warned the dead that a Klingon warrior was on her way. When he could howl no more, he spoke to HasRa with a raspy voice. "I will gather the thousands who wait for death. The killers of Kling. I will hunt the animal down and kill him and his followers. I will destroy them all."

And Sompek was gone. He summoned the army of Kling. Six thousand warriors sworn to die in the service of the Emperor. And he packed them aboard the largest ships in the Klingon navy. And they sailed into the darkness that was the sea. The darkness that would take them to the walled port city of Tong'Ve.

"We sail for blood!" The blood of Korval, to be exact. Sompek looked rearward to the trailing vessels. The IKS yaj'a' and it's sister the IKS ghojmoHwI' were plowing through the rough waters separating Emperor Sompek's home province of Kling from the distant rogue province of Tong'Ve.

For one hundred years Tong'Ve had been an embarrassment to the ruling family of Qo'noS. During the time of the HurQ invaders, Tong'Ve had been the provincial capital. It's leader at the time, the white haired and inbred LIsduqu', had been a HurQ apologist and collaborator. He was named governor of "Kling", and his city of Tong'Ve was made the occupied Klingon capital. "No more." Sompek said to the bitter cold night wind.

Each massive ship held two thousand troops. They were impossible, incredible craft, nearly three kellicams from bow to stern, and nearly a kellicam wide. They were HoHmoj veng. City killers. They had been the breakthrough that finally pushed the HurQ off of Qo'noS. And later, the site of these massive ships appearing on the horizon had brought Sompek to power as he vanquished the weak Emperor Ha'Ta with an invasion of six thousand loyal troops.

Sompek stood on the cold, swaying deck of the flagship, the Hech, refusing to follow his command crew to the safety of the bridge. He would stand and watch and he would see the lights of Tong'Ve first. He thought only now of what remained behind him. His beloved slain.....sent to StoVoKor like a wild targh cut open for a feast. His child killed before breathing the sweet air of home. Before attaining honor. He was certainly too old to take another wife, and with the poison dagger of Korval in his leg he most likely would die before seeing home again.

Rain and spray assaulted him. The winter winds were harsh to be sure. But no more so than-. Lights. Faint lights on the horizon. Sompek lurched across the deck to the long-viewer. He put his eyes up to the piece of HurQ technology that had been added to the ancient ship. The city of Tong'Ve. Warmed by a HurQ power plant of unknown origin, it was a beacon in the night. Sompek sounded the bell that would bring the command crew back on deck. He bellowed to his first officer. "Haraga! I see the lights of Tong'Ve. And revenge!"

Haraga made his way carefully across the lurching deck and to the long-viewer. He put his eye to the viewer and gazed. "We approach from the most heavily guarded direction, milord. I would urge stealth."

"Stealth is for cowards, and for those with a wife and family to return to. I have none. I do not intend to return to the site of my former life." Sompek grinned at Haraga to show that he still could. "We are going to rid our world of a disease that has been allowed to exist for too long. It is time to celebrate."

Haraga wanted to be happy for his lord. But he did have a wife, and a young daughter. Never mind. He would die for his emperor, and for that he was grateful. He put his eye to the viewer once more........just as the night sky lit up violently.

A ball of some kind of fire had belched from within Tong'Ve and arced through the rain filled sky. Wind ripped at the fire, which remained lit. It hit the water not a hundred dekams from the Hech. Close enough to feel heat through the bitter storm. Sompek shouted at Haraga. "Get below! Order turbines to full. Order the others to do the same!" Sompek watched the sky for the next ball of fire from Tong'Ve. It was said that there were many factions within Tong'Ve, and that Korval was not capable of controlling all of them. But Sompek knew from whence the fire came. Korval. Korval.

Another fireball belched from Tong'Ve. This one crackled and spat sparks as it arced across the sky. Then it found a target. One of the small courier vessels that moved between the great ships conveying information and anything else to be shared with the other commands. The fireball hit the small ship a glancing blow, but the small craft was caught in the eerie flame, and burnt very quickly on the oil drenched sea. Sompek thought briefly that the oil turbines that moved his ships were marvelous inventions left by the HurQ in their haste to escape the hordes of Klingons raging with berserker frenzy.......but they were also killing the sea.

The three HoHmoj Vengmey belched oily smoke as they increased speed through the burning sea. From the distant glow of Tong'Ve, another fireball arced across the smoke-filled sky. Sompek watched as it began its descent. This was going to be close. Sompek knew it could hit. The warriors on the deck knew it also. Their eyes moved to the sky. Finally it came down in the water. Only twenty dekams away. It smelled of the HurQ. Chemicals. Machines not allowed outside Tong'Ve. The fire ignited the oil in the sea, and that licked at the side of the Hech. "Burn!" Sompek bellowed. "Burn for all to see!"
The Hech began to pick up speed, as did the ghojmoHwI' and the yaj'a'. Tong'Ve was now visible without the long viewer. It was an unholy glow on the horizon. All three ships plowed through the sea, each trailing flames as the fireballs from Tong'Ve bracketed them.

They began to get into range. Sompek could now distinguish the glow of the city's power plant from its green-lit homes and courtyards. It was nestled against the hills that had made it nearly impossible to conquer. Until tonight. Haraga appeared next to Sompek on the pitching deck. "My Lord, we are in range to fire the catapults. But there is a danger-."

"Of the oil being hit by one of those damned things?" Sompek gestured at the sky.

"Yes. If such a thing happened…"

Sompek laughed, and clapped his friend on the shoulder. "Then we will all die a glorious death! Do you want to live forever?"

Haraga answered by bellowing at the fire crew. "Prepare to fire!"

Sompek heard the order being sent to the other ships through horns. He looked at the fire crew, ten warriors each on four horizontal spokes, turning a huge wooden pole that, through machinations too intricate for Sompek's patience, drew back the arm of a catapult. "Push! Push! Push, you spineless taHqeqmey!" Forty klingons, stripped to the waist. Long hair and beards matted in the spray and oil. All of them struggling, pushing the spokes around the pole. Finally it was set. Next, hollow spheres filled with oil and explosive ore were carefully set into the launchers.

Sompek brought a horn to his lips, and bellowed over the wind "Wa! Cha! Wej!" He paused for a second, looking back at his other ships. "yIbaH!" The great ship rocked, and three cannon balls shot across the sky.

They made perfect arcs, rising to just pierce the clouds clashing above their heads. Then they came down above the city of Tong'Ve.

A dome of blue light appeared above the city, just as the first projectile would have hit. There was an explosion, and the dome sparked. Sompek had seen this, as a child. His father had called it an energy shield. Another gift from the HurQ. A second projectile hit and exploded against the energy shield. It crackled again, and almost vanished. But not quite.

The third projectile hit just behind the second, and the energy shield was gone. While most of the explosive force had gone to destroying the energy shield, Sompek hoped that if nothing else, the traitors of Tong'Ve would have shrapnel and fire rained down upon them.

Haraga was at the viewer now. "They are not launching any defense." He shouted at Sompek.

"No. But there will yet be traitor's blood under the light of Praxis tonight." Sompek looked back at the other two ships. "Press on!"

All three ships prepared another volley of cannon balls. But Tong'Ve had prepared as well. A ball of green flame launched from the city again.

Three cannon balls launched skyward, passing the ball of flame and coming back down. They each hit the city.

The ball of flame was coming down close. Sompek thought that they could be hit this time.

Three cannon balls plowed into Tong'Ve just as the fireball erupted across the deck of the ghojmoHwI'. It crashed through the deck, splintering wood and burning oil and killing two thousand warriors of Sompek's army. The sky behind him lit up just as flames erupted from Tong'Ve. He lifted his head and began a low moan that slowly built into a fearsome howl. Haraga stood with him and joined him in the death howl.

When they were finally silent, Sompek looked back at the yaj'a', sailing without its sister ship. "Haraga, signal the yaj'a'. Overload the turbines. I want us there before Tong'Ve can strike again." When Haraga started to leave, Sompek stopped him with a firm hand. "We are going to use these ships to destroy the port. Tonight is the end of Korval, and Tong'Ve, and the HurQ."

The Hech came hurtling into Tong'Ve's only port. It smashed through lines of wooden defenses. It then ran aground on a rocky shoal. Sompek led the charge of two thousand maddened Klingons off the remains of the ship and into the outskirts of the city.

The yaj'a' came in behind the Hech. It crashed into the rear of the Hech, spilling oil and ore everywhere. It's invasion force clambered out of the smashed hull and onto the rocks behind the others. Now four thousand warriors stood at the gates of Tong'Ve watching as the two HoHmoj Vengmey caught fire and blew up, destroying the port and blocking the inlet forever.

Sompek stood before his army and called out to them. "Four thousand killers of Kling. Our enemy awaits us! StoVoKor awaits us! Be bloody, bold and resolute. With each strike, new widows howl, new orphans cry. Make them wail at the sight of first blood!"

He was answered with a howl that reached beyond Tong'Ve and into the night sky. Surely Kahless, wherever he was up there, would be pleased at such a display.

Sompek allowed Haraga to lead the thrust through the gates of the city. Haraga was probably going to die here. Let him die leading his troops into battle. Sompek had another goal. Korval and Tong'Ve. In any case, the poison was starting to kill him. He could no longer feel his leg. He could not lead his army into battle lurching like a drunken fool.

The Ab'Qaf banner was hefted into the air...a double-headed Krayak bird. There would have been so much more added to the banner. But now it would end here.

The army was ahead now, moving quickly through the outskirts of Tong'Ve. This was a port area, consisting mainly of offices and bars that serviced the comings and goings of commerce for the city. The four thousand killers swept through it quickly. Sompek heard screams and bellows and the clash of steel. Fire began to rise into the sky. The Ab'Qaf banner was still there, he saw. Moving with haste towards the gates to the city proper. He would be close behind it. He moved through the remains of the port area. Every building had been sacked. Shops destroyed. Statues dedicated to Lisduqu' brought down by sheer force. The last vestiges of the enemy aliens and their collaborators were being wiped from Qo'noS. Sompek walked across the blood soaked ground with pride. Klingon soil free. Never to be lost again. The troops would be at the gates soon. "Korval! Korval! Step outside your master's gates and face the batlh'etlh! Face the sword of honor!"

The Ab'Qaf banner stopped. They were at the gates. Sompek heard a cry ring out. Haraga…tension in his voice. No one else would pick up on that. But Sompek heard it plainly. Steel hit the gates. Shouts. They were the cries of Klingons caught off guard. Korval's Ha'dIbaHmey learning their fate. Sompek ignored his dead leg and hobbled ahead to join his army.

He was hit by a terrible smell long before he reached the gate. Worse than death. Desiccation. Disaster. Sompek aged a hundred years in the minutes it took him to reach the gate. He found the end of his army. The end of his conquest. The Ab'Qaf banner fell. His army had been wiped away as easily as thousands of brave Klingons had when the HurQ invaded. All that was left then were the echoes of the screams of the dead, and the smell of desiccation. Just as there was here.

His army was gone. Vanished. Haraga had died anonymously. The legendary four thousand killers of Kling wiped out by alien technology. The banner was gone as well. Sompek howled into the air. A howl that pierced the clouds and split the heavens. Thousands of brave warriors now sailed the seas of StoVoKor in the black fleet. Soon he would join them.

The gates of Tong'Ve consisted of sheer steel towers, unchanged since the occupation. Sompek stepped forward, conscious of the fact that he could die without facing his killer. His army had been beaten by the HurQ technology. He might die as easily. He lurched to one of the towers.

It was as wide as he was, and a hundred times taller. He swung at it with his batlh'etlh. Sparks rang out. He struck again. Again. Again. Sparks were flying now, burning his face. But Sompek knew that a batlh'etlh could eventually shatter HurQ metal. His persistence paid off. The tower started to groan under the assault. A large chunk broke away, just missing his dead leg

The rest of the tower split and fell apart. Sompek had to try to jump back to avoid the debris. An explosion arced from the stump of the burnt out tower to other. Sompek found himself on the ground. He used the batlh'etlh to prop himself up and hobble through the gate.

"Korval!" He croaked. "I am coming now. No more tricks. No more technology." He found himself almost immediately set upon by two massive insects. They each measured as long as his batlh'etlh, and were struggling to catch his legs with giant, blood-stained pincers. He hacked at them blindly, not stopping until he heard their death-squeals, followed by the crunch of their carapace. He felt their blood soak through his boot as he stepped over their shattered bodies.

There was no name for these things that seemed to follow the HurQ. They hadn't been seen outside of Tong'Ve since the aliens had been swept off the planet. Sompek was happy to be killing them off here. With the voracious creatures dead, he was able to look at his surroundings and the city of Tong'Ve. It had been almost wiped out from the second volley of cannon fire from his ships. The upper structures that had housed the elite had collapsed upon the lower cave-like dwellings, Tong'Ve was now nearly subterranean.

There was little evidence of the HurQ. He left the remains of the two creatures and crawled through a hole in the cave wall. It led down an incline to the left. Sompek turned the corner and was set upon by a Klingon all in white, He thought for a moment that he had found Korval. But this was not the Usurper. The unidentified guard brandished a barbed straight sword as Korval had. The sword dug quickly into Sompek's deadened leg. It didn't hurt, but the shear force of the blow brought Sompek down. The albino Klingon went immediately for the killing stroke. The barbed sword was pointed at Sompek's heart. He felt it press against battle leather, and suddenly his arms had moved. His hands wrapped around the sword, heedless of barbs catching his chainmail. He shoved upwards, pushing the hilt of the sword through the surprised albino. He struggled to stand on his one living leg as he pushed the sword backwards through the already dead albino. Sompek hobbled away to find Korval.

He found, to his disappointment and confusion, that the ground level seemed to be angling gradually downward. He smelled the chemical smell of the HurQ more and more acutely as he travelled further toward what he had thought was the Klingon enclave. The enslaved part of Tong'Ve. he knew instinctively that Korval would be in the remains of the upper-most sections of the city.

Sompek's ruminations nearly killed him as he lurched straight into what must have once been a targh. It was a snarling, bloody mass of matted fur and teeth. Teeth that sunk into Sompek's dead leg. He grabbed it by the neck and fell into a cave wall. It screeched and fell at his feet. But the creature was not finished yet. It struggled against Sompek's dying strength and bit into his chain mail, It was going for his neck. Sompek raised up to his knees and crawled over to his fallen batlh'etlh. He worked his way behind the maddened targh and put his sword around its neck. With a howl, he pulled it through the tough hide and rubbery neck until the head fell off and rolled down the passage.

Sompek smelled the blood that flowed onto the ground and thought of his own desperate thirst. Then he sank his teeth into the bloody stump of a neck and sucked in every drop that he could. Diseased though it may be, Sompek was thirsty beyond reason. And he only needed life enough to kill Korval and Tong'Ve. Then he moved forward, poisoned dagger still embedded in his dead leg.

He was definitely descending into the bowels of Tong'Ve. The air was more rancid. The smell of technology...the smell of the HurQ was everywhere. It seeped through the cavewalls and exploded in bursts of gas that ignited in deep crevices where the ground had caved in. At one point, Sompek thought he had smelled magma, from the bowels of Qo'noS. But it was almost indistinguishable from the stench of the HurQ. Another corner brought another albino Klingon. Sompek called out to him "Korval!" and lurched forward. The albino turned at the sound, and Sompek fell into him. But it was not his prey. His batlh'etlh went around the white Klingon's neck, and he pulled. They both fell in a heap. The albino was dead. Sompek was just dying. "Where is your master?" He demanded of the corpse. "Where is he?"

A sudden rumbling preceded a quake. Sompek was thrown, helpless, down the passage. The crevices widened, showing great lava flows. Somehow Sompek maneuvered his lurching, dying body along past the pits from which he could neither escape nor extract justice.

He found himself facing what might have been
an elevator shaft. They were feared things used only by the invaders. Sompek lurched towards it and pounded at the metal face. "Korval, reveal yourself. Run no more. Come out and kill me or be killed." He stopped as he fought for the breath to finish his challenge. "Stop running and face me coward!" He swung his batlh'etlh at the door. Once. Twice. Maybe a hundred times. All he knew was that he no longer had strength in his arms. Indeed, his left arm was numb. If he lost the use of his arms, then his journey was over. So he swung the arm that had no feeling, trusting in dying fingers to hold onto the blade. And finally the door gave. Not inward, as he had expected, but to the side. He fell inward. It was now too much effort to even lurch around like a crippled Qa'Hom. The door started to slide closed, but stopped and retreated. It was hitting against something. His leg. His dead, left leg. One arm, exhausted but still alive, reached over and pulled the cold leg out of the way of the door. It slid shut, and the elevator started upwards.

Sompek awoke with start when the elevator ground to a halt. He thought for a moment that he felt pain in his left leg. but that was impossible. He somehow raised himself up and lurched through the door. The room was the color of Klingon blood. He thought first of the HurQ throne room. It had been the same color. There was a column in the center of the room. A column of...energy. He saw the shadow of a man in it. Not a Klingon. It was too small. On the opposite side of the column, almost completely blocked from sight, was the kneeling form of a Klingon. Korval. Korval. Finally it was Korval. Sompek somehow brought himself to wobbly feet and approached the column. It was a HurQ. It was talking to Korval in the strange language of the HurQ. Sompek pushed his numb body forward, swinging his legs out in front of him, even though both were now dead. He could feel his chest tightening up. There was little time left now.

Sompek was inches from the HurQ when it turned to regard him through the column of energy. Two eyes, set deeply into an angular face, locked with is. Its mouth opened, and Korval rose in response. Then Sompek did what Klingons had done long ago. What he had done once, years ago. He brought his batlh'etlh to bear against the HurQ. But this time it was through the strange column of energy. The batlh'etlh hit the column, and a thousand sparks erupted. There was a scream, and as the column disappeared in a ball of green fire and smoke, Sompek was thrown to the floor. When he awoke, the column and the HurQ were gone. There was a pool of HurQ blood instead. Bright green blood.

Korval screamed. "No!" He was terrified for some reason. "You've destroyed us all!"

"What do you mean, coward?"

"That was not just a communications port. It was a tap into a power source like none other. It could destroy the planet!"

"Not before I kill you, traitor!" Sompek raised himself on his batlh'etlh. Or tried to anyway. Something in the HurQ energy field had somehow ruined the steel of his batlh'etlh. It shattered under his weight, and he fell to the ground along with his plans, it seemed

Korval moved quickly to the prone form of Sompek. "You are a fool." The albino produced his sword and stood over the dying Emperor. "I am not the last of the Lisduqu' line. Already-"
But Sompek didn't care about the future. He raised himself one last time, on the strength of his dead army, and his dead family. He pulled the poisonous barbed dagger from his dead leg. Scarcely noticing the blood and flesh that came with it, Sompek plunged the dagger into Korval's bulging neck and pulled as hard as he could.

The head was just lolling off of dead shoulders when the green blood-stained base on the floor erupted. An explosion unheard of in Klingon history completely wiped Tong'Ve from the planet. In it's place was a pit hundreds of kellicams deep.

Epilogue

HaSRa the caretaker was surrounded by six of the snarling white Klingons. They were inbred. Incomplete aberrations. She had killed twenty of them at the Kling gates. The last six had chased her, nipping at her heels all the way to the ghu. This was where the Lady Sompek had been slaughtered. Where the Emperor Sompek had truly died. And where the infant had somehow survived being cut out of his dead mother's womb. HaSRa had named the infant qajunpaQ, for his audacity in surviving the violence of his house and his birth. The young Emperor qajunpaQ, no more than a week old, somehow reached over to the dk'tagh knife that HaSRa had slept with and grasped it's blade with tiny fingers. The blade cut into his skin, leaving a line of lavendar on his infant hand. Then he looked at the deaf, dumb savages threatening him. A low growl escaped him.....

Kapact
Quark: "I want you to try something for me. Take a sip of this."
Garak: "What is it?"
Quark: "A Human drink, it's called Root Beer."
Garak: "Ahh, I don't know....."
Quark: "Come on....Aren't you in the least bit curious?"
Quark: "..........What d'you think?"
Garak: "It's vile?"
Quark: "I know. It's so bubbly and cloy, and happy."
Garak: "Just like the Federation....."
Quark: "But do you know what's really frightening? If you drink enough of it you begin to like it...."
Garak: "....It's insidious...."
Quark: "....Just like the Federation."

http://www.angelfire.com/trek/kapact/

Kapact, Lord of House Abukoff
Founder, Klingon Order of Scribes
http://homeworld.klingonempire.net/HW-Orders.htm

Senior Citizen
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Postby Senior Citizen » Fri May 31, 2002 7:08 pm

!Great.
Just finished reading while listening Metallica...
Blood, more blood!

S_C

'Cause I'm free to do what I want any old time (I'm a newcreation)
'Cause I'm free to do what I want any old time
(Don't be afraid of your freedom)
'Cause I'm free to do what I want
To be what I want any old time
I said I'm free to be who I choose
To get my booze any old time

I'm Free

Soup Dragons after The Rolling Stones

KBF-Kapact
Warrior Recruit
Warrior Recruit

Postby KBF-Kapact » Mon May 12, 2003 1:12 pm

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack
Fleet Admiral Kapact, Lord of House Abukoff, QImtaR HoSRO
Commanding Officer IKV Razor Klaw
Chief of Staff Razor Klaw Fleet
betleH pIn'a'
Ro DoQ Vaj

Quark: "But do you know what's really frightening? If you drink enough of it you begin to like it...."

Joshmaul
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Postby Joshmaul » Tue May 13, 2003 5:50 am

Originally posted by KBF-Kapact
I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack

Hey, Kapact! Got any more stories for us?

-Joshmaul

KBF-Kapact
Warrior Recruit
Warrior Recruit

Postby KBF-Kapact » Tue May 13, 2003 12:43 pm

Originally posted by Joshmaul
Hey, Kapact! Got any more stories for us?

-Joshmaul

Oh yeah...........sorta "First Contact"....only not so feelgood if ya know what I mean. I'll post it tomorrow..........

Kapact
Fleet Admiral Kapact, Lord of House Abukoff, QImtaR HoSRO
Commanding Officer IKV Razor Klaw
Chief of Staff Razor Klaw Fleet
betleH pIn'a'
Ro DoQ Vaj

Return to Star Trek Fan Fiction