I Really Hate Vista!!!!

KAAF Paladin
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

I Really Hate Vista!!!!

Postby KAAF Paladin » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:04 am

Ok, so I just got myself a new computer today. Upside, it's a lot faster than my old computer. Downside, it has Windows Vista. Now, I knew I wasn't gonna like vista because I had used it once before on my cousin's computer. I wasn't a big fan. But I thought it wouldn't be that bad if i just had some time to sit down with it and mess with all of the preferences. But no.

I get the thing set up, I turn it on, and what's the first thing that is there to annoy me? The UAC. User Authorized Control. Making me answer "yes" every time I tell the computer to do absolutely anything. It's like Vista automatically labels you as a dumb sh*t, and tries to hold your hand through every little step you take. Of course, the first thing I figured out how to do was disable that annoying little feature. Next thing that got me was the fact that it was also asking me every time I popped in a CD whether or not I want it to play the CD. Now it's like before, when the computer thought I was an idiot, except it's reversed. Because now the computer is the one that is apparently stupid. If I pop in the CD, chances are I'm not doing it to save space on my desk.

Oh, and now I hear that Vista automatically downgrades the quality of any movies or music that you put on it from CDs or DVDs as part of some anti-piracy crap. That just ****es me off. I'm not exactly selling bootlegged DVDs of Monty Python on the street or anything. If It's on my damn computer, it's for me.

But the biggest problem I have with Vista is the fact that NONE OF MY GOD DAMN GAMES WORK ON IT SO FAR!! Including two of my favorites, Battlefield 2142 (which I play regularly) and Command and conquer: Generals. I tried everything I could to get these damn things to work. I ran every compatibility mode I could, and each one just makes a different error. XP mode says I have no disk in the drive, which I do. Vista--screen goes black for exactly one second, like it's gonna load, and then I see my desktop again and nothing else happens. Server 2003 crashes.says something about APPCRASH or APPFAIL. Well no duh. Thanks a lot Vista. 2000, says there's NO CD, 98 and below aren't even supported for 2142 I think, so there's no point there.

I looked online for solutions and I found out a lot of people have the same problems I do. But they don't have any solutions I hadn't already tried.

I really hate Vista. I bought this computer so I could run bigger, better games, and run all the games I already own even better than I was running them; but Vista has effectively ruined that. If I ever see Bill Gates, I'm gonna shove a Vista CD straight up his ass.

I'd love to go back to Windows XP, I think that'd fix all my problems. Unfortunately I don't have an XP CD. All of my computers have come with XP pre-installed with brand-specific Recovery CDs or seperate recovery hard drives. And considering I just paid a little over $800 on this computer, I really don't feel like shelling out another $100 for XP. So I'm stuck. F*** Vista.

It only took me a couple of hours with Vista to really hate it, so I don't know what the hell is up with their "Mojave experiment" videos. They must have gathered a bunch of idiots who knew next to nothing about computers to do that experiment with. Yeah, sure, it looks all flashy and cool. But it's ****ing broken!!! If I gave a brand new paint job to a 69 mustang that had no engine, transmission, or anything else under the hood, yeah, it'd look really nice, but it wouldn't do sh!t. Same thing.

Give me XP any day. Don't fix what isn't broken. Maybe Microsoft should try that approach. I haven't had a single problem with my home computer with XP. Ever. Not that was caused by XP anyway. Damn Gates...
I'm somewhere without my pants.

I also have a Youtube channel.It's right here!

Dr. Goat
General
General

Postby Dr. Goat » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:36 pm

there are torrents of xp...

KAAF Paladin
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Postby KAAF Paladin » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:17 pm

Yeah, I'm gonna end up getting XP. Just wondering how I'm gonna get a product key that'll work.
I'm somewhere without my pants.

I also have a Youtube channel.It's right here!

Return to Rants & Raves