Klingon Hunting Party vs Sha'Kurian Alpha Super Carrier

DBF68
Commander
Commander

Klingon Hunting Party vs Sha'Kurian Alpha Super Carrier

Postby DBF68 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:10 pm

Show More:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXjSyB0odIk

Once a year during the Klingon calendar, a group of warriors is dispatched to the outer edges of Klingon territory in order to engage one of its fiercest foes. Battles have been won in glorious victory and lost at great cost. Still, the exercise is a valuable means of honing the tactical skills of captains and crew alike against a species akin to its own. Were you to encounter this adversary that is of an amphibious nature, you would more than likely hear vocal tones with a hint of "Glub-Glub" instead of "Gobble-Gobble". In the spirit of this Thanksgiving, I give you the Klingon version in the form of "The Great Sha'Kurian Turkey Shoot". ;0)

-----

Best viewed using Magic Actions for YouTube™.

Compatible with Firefox, Chrome, & Opera.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwHX9JT2APQ

If using IE, adjust browser zoom above 100% to get a larger video player window.

FYI: I probably need to raise the in game volume or increase the volume gain by 1 db on these videos during encoding. Even so, I don't want to have these videos too loud right off the bat if you have your YT volume set at 100% at the start of a video. So, you might have to raise the volume a notch or two via your operating system volume icon to get more oomph out of the auditory experience.

-----

Again, I apologize for NCH VideoPad's poor video joining capabilities that make this video glitchy. After hours of experimentation with the newest 3.12 version, I don't believe VideoPad is capable of doing a better job. What it's missing is a cut/crop feature that would allow you to fine tune the video joining process to make the results seamless.

There is a scissor cut tool, but unless I'm using it wrong, all it seems to do is cut out a section of video and tack on more dead frames and audio to the beginning of the video section you want to keep. The other feature I tried to get a seamless join was a manual mouse click-hold-and-move merge like feature that allows you to overlay a section of video and audio over another section of video and audio provided you also hold down the Alt key. Well, unless I was using that feature wrong too, it was useless in terms of allowing me to overlap the second video over the back end of the first in order to get some kind of seamless video and audio join.

-----

The best part of this video for me is at 6:22 when Dragons Den starts playing. At 7:58, you get the "harrowing battle damage" event and then the "triumphant counter attack" in all of its trumpeted glory. Of course, VideoPad had to jack it up to some degree, but c'est la vie.

-----

Used Fraps for recording, Handbrake for encoding, NCH VideoPad 3.12 video editor for fade in/fade out and video joining (slightly glitchy joins - VP needs a manual buffer setting option), and Winamp to play background music during game.

Music (In order of play and listed once):

Extreme Music - Directors Cuts

Fantasy 3 - Mightier Than The Sword

Fantasy 3 - Prove Your Honor

Fantasy 3 - Dragons Den

Fantasy 3 - Immunity From Harm

Intros - Son of a Witch

-----

Ships Used:

Klingon

"SUVWI' QEH" (WARRIOR'S ANGER) CLASS COMMAND CRUISER

Length: 336 m
Crew: 350
Marines: 45
Max. Impulse: 1320 k/s
Maneuverability Rating: 0.37/0.24
Mass: Approx. 550
Hull Rating: 2.6
Shield Rating: 47.8

Armaments:

Forward
Primary - 2 Disruptors
Secondary - 2 Photon Torpedoes
Heavy - None
Advanced - GHRC

Aft
Primary - 2 Disruptors
Secondary - 1 Photon Torpedo
Heavy - None
Advanced - None

Port & Starboard
Primary - 2 Disruptors
Secondary - None
Heavy - None
Advanced - None

"QA'HOS" (RELENTLESS) CLASS LIGHT CRUISER

Length: 198m
Crew: 250
Marines: 30
Max. Impulse: 1500 k/s
Maneuverability Rating: 0.42/0.32
Mass: Approx. 450
Hull Rating: 2.2
Shield Rating: 39.3

Armaments:
Forward
Primary - 4 Disruptors
Secondary - 1 Photon Torpedo
Heavy - None
Advanced - None

Aft
Primary - 2 Disruptors
Secondary - None
Heavy - None
Advanced - None

Port & Starboard
Primary - 2 Disruptors
Secondary - None
Heavy - None
Advanced - None

Sha'Kurian

"ALPHA" CLASS SUPER CARRIER
Length: 991m
Crew: 1200
Marines: 70
Max. Impulse: 1275 k/s
Manoeuvrability Rating: 0.16/0.03
Mass: Approx. 1200
Hull Rating: 5.6
Shield Rating: 77.0

Armaments:
Forward
Primary - 2 Rapid Fire Phasers
Secondary - 2 Multithread Projectiles
Heavy - None
Advanced - GDDS (360)

Aft
Secondary - 2 Multithread Projectiles
Heavy - None
Advanced - None

Port & Starboard
Secondary - 5 Multithread Projectiles
Heavy - None
Advanced - None
Last edited by DBF68 on Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Warning, we have entered Neutral Zone, Warning.....

LeDaniel
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Klingon Hunting Party vs Sha'Kurian Alpha Super Carrier

Postby LeDaniel » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:10 pm

Nice battle :) And interesting plot story ;) .

I have a few questions... :

What mods are you using in this version of KA ? A see a flyby camera at beginning of video.

And second question: If i play KA, i flight, i press "V" and i have cemara behind my tale (a see my ship like i stey behind the ship). I don´t know another option too set view, that i see my ship from front side (looking in too bridge and behind the ship) and i sew many times on KA video this features. How did you do that ?

Thanks, Daniel :)

DBF68
Commander
Commander

Postby DBF68 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:13 am

LeDaniel wrote:Nice battle :) And interesting plot story ;) .

I have a few questions... :

What mods are you using in this version of KA ? A see a flyby camera at beginning of video.

The flyby camera is capable when using Brian Moler's Modified Quick Battle v375c and the VOS keys 3-5. To exit the flyby mode, you hit the space bar. Other than the lack of a means of setting the flyby time higher from 5 seconds, when you exit the flyby mode, your ship will now list in the last direction you chose to direct it via navigation keys, which rather sucks. So, I have to try to compensate via large, medium, and small navigation key movement without overcompensating and having the ship movement be herky-jerky all over the place.

The other drawback is that if/when you re-initiate the flyby / window box mode again, the timer is inconsistent and will sometimes give you 2.3, or 5 seconds shots. This inconsistency is why the end of this video had so many cut-to shots. So, I tried to nip those in the bud to some extent with a fade out of both the video and the music at a relatively good time.

http://www.brianmoler.com/downloads/ind ... ts&order=0

LeDaniel wrote:And second question: If i play KA, i flight, i press "V" and i have cemara behind my tale (a see my ship like i stey behind the ship). I don´t know another option too set view, that i see my ship from front side (looking in too bridge and behind the ship) and i sew many times on KA video this features. How did you do that ?
Thanks, Daniel :)

I've remapped the chase view / exterior camera to engage with the N-key. The M-key is mapped for zooming in on the ship and the Comma-key is for zooming out from the ship. To move the around the ship in chase / exterior camera view, I use the keyboard arrow keys, which are the keys used to maneuver the ship when in piloting mode. To roll the ship left or right, I use the Q and W keys. To decrease and increase speed, I use the A and S keys.

The only other thing you can use for situational and proximity awareness other than using the "sensor" strip, aka the "radar" strip at the top of the screen, is to either map other keys for port, starboard, ventral, dorsal, and aft views or use the chase camera function. Personally, I prefer to use the chase camera function in order to move the camera to the front of my ship so I can what's happening aft of it. When I want to see what's going on behind my ship more directly and completely than what the sensor strip shows, I hit the N-key to go to chase camera view. If I need to see something in a different direction while in chase view mode, I can use the direction arrow keys to move the camera. Then, if I have the chance and I don't have to do something tactically to get out of a bad spot, I move the camera back in a position so that it's giving me the aft view again.
Warning, we have entered Neutral Zone, Warning.....

LeDaniel
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby LeDaniel » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:40 pm

Thanks a lot to DBF68 :)

Return to General Discussion