Is this too obscure?

John
Chancellor
Chancellor

Is this too obscure?

Postby John » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:22 pm

There was a forum spam issue a couple days ago. I tightened the threshold on the two automated spam detection services I use and added a registration challenge question, so far so good. My concern is that the challenge question is a little obscure, the question is "How many lights do you see there?".

Too much?

teeth_03
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Re: Is this too obscure?

Postby teeth_03 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:11 pm

"What is the name of the General at the top right of the screen?"

John
Chancellor
Chancellor

Postby John » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:28 pm

teeth_03 wrote:"What is the name of the General at the top right of the screen?"

Yep, I did want that :) Something is broken at the moment though so I had to pick a question which had a number as an answer.

Vidmaster
Warrior Recruit
Warrior Recruit

Postby Vidmaster » Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:57 pm

Real Star Trek Geeks solve it, everyone else is screwed. Fortunatly, I am a believer and know the difference between Star Trek and the modern rip-off :lol:

el_flesh
Warrior
Warrior

Postby el_flesh » Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:23 am

Either of them are absolutely perfect questions!

Entirely crown what Vidmaster says above!

John
Chancellor
Chancellor

Postby John » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:44 pm

Speaking of the modern stuff, I have not yet seen any of Discovery or Picard and I never got around to seeing Beyond... I'm slightly behind? I might have to have a binge watch during the quarantine.
I'm telling you Teal'C if we don't find a way out of this soon I'm gonna loose it. Loose it, it means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, 3 fries short of a happy meal, WHACKO!

WHAT?
Warrior
Warrior

Postby WHAT? » Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:06 am

John wrote:Speaking of the modern stuff, I have not yet seen any of Discovery or Picard and I never got around to seeing Beyond... I'm slightly behind? I might have to have a binge watch during the quarantine.

I'm not the biggest fan tbh of Disco or Picard. You will get your nerdy moments but I feel you get them for a price... Canon lol

Return to General Discussion