Lieutenant General

It's been too long...

Postby Fox McCloud » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:14 pm

Hey guys,

I logged in today and it told me:

Last visit was: 24 Feb 2017 22:01

That really made me sad.

Who's still left around here?

I recently found my DVD copy of KA, totally going to try and get it up and running soon! I remember helping to make the art for the inserts with John during his DVD experiments! Good times! I've still got my modded Xbox John :D very fond memories of that.

Man, its like 20 years since the community began. Literally the only forum I'm on still from back then, that is still around, is forums.spacebattles.com which is strangely very very active. I mean its quite a niche place, hell forums these days are very niche, especially with Reddit existing.

So thought I'd just drop and and say hi. We should brainstorm, find out ways we can maybe inject some life back in to the old place!
"Cry woe... destruction... ruin and decay.
The worst is death, and death shall have his day."[/align]

John
Chancellor
Chancellor

Re: It's been too long...

Postby John » Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:57 am

Still here :) Work is crazy as usual but I suppose it's better to be busy.

Fox McCloud
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Fox McCloud » Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:41 pm

Hah I know that feeling. When is work never crazy busy? If I'm not making a website, I'm maintaining one.

LeDaniel
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby LeDaniel » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:38 pm

I played KA a few houres ago :-) .

mochloD
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Postby mochloD » Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:14 pm

It's been a long time for me too!

Kang
Commander
Commander

Postby Kang » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:37 pm

Fox McCloud wrote:Hey guys,

I logged in today and it told me:

Last visit was: 24 Feb 2017 22:01

That really made me sad.

Who's still left around here?

I recently found my DVD copy of KA, totally going to try and get it up and running soon! I remember helping to make the art for the inserts with John during his DVD experiments! Good times! I've still got my modded Xbox John :D very fond memories of that.

Man, its like 20 years since the community began. Literally the only forum I'm on still from back then, that is still around, is forums.spacebattles.com which is strangely very very active. I mean its quite a niche place, hell forums these days are very niche, especially with Reddit existing.

So thought I'd just drop and and say hi. We should brainstorm, find out ways we can maybe inject some life back in to the old place!

Welcome back, Fox McCloud! :) Until my return here this summer, I was away from this place since 2017. Hard to believe its been 20 years since the KA community began yet it seems almost like yesterday. I fondly remember Tim Callahan's KAnews.com and the old Interplay KA message board, the epic online games with my best friend and wigman at the time; Krenn sutai-Rustazh and many others from 2000 to around 2003. I also remember other cool folks like TheAMAZINGNorad from back then. I hope these fine people will return again someday soon. Time really flies, lol! I hope life is doing good for all of us here at KA.com, glad to see that quite a few of us are still around on this glorious old board. Hopefully yes we can inject some life back in this community. But thanks to Komat's patches and a few recent mods, things are a little more lively here in the last few years than the have been for a very long time. My life is quite good, but still crazy busy between work and even after all these years; still a home caregiver now with my senior aged Mom who has few health ailments including C.O.P.D. (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease), Arthritis, and degenerative spine - most of these caused by heavy cigarette smoking. But I keep going and remain strong, especially with the Lord at my side. Qapla'

el_flesh
Warrior
Warrior

Postby el_flesh » Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:11 am

Which lord would that be? Kruge? Apollo? Thor?

MSD
Order of Kahless
Order of Kahless

Postby MSD » Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:29 am

el_flesh wrote:Which lord would that be? Kruge? Apollo? Thor?

Surely that could only be Kahless?

Return to General Discussion